Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plays and tactics that could have costed us the game

Bookmark and Share

Plays and tactics that could have costed us the game

Just looking for your opinions.

#1: 3rd down Willie. Hasn't worked in the past, why would it today? He is great, but until the o line improves, he is stuck running on first.

#2: Ward's rejection. Dont know about you, but there was plenty of oppertunities where he could have done some damage but Ben passed it to others.

#3: Not anticipating trickery. Self explanitory.

#4: Too much blitz. Don't blitz if they are burning you on the short passes! A given.

#5: Smith. 3 of the four tds were his fault. Get someone else in there. Guarantee my @ss.

Any others?

#6: Giving the Pats receivers a cushion. How many times must we be picked apart by the short passing game before we realize that maybe it's time to start hitting those guys at the line of scrimmage? The Eagles did it. The Ravens did it. But we ignored their success in favor of our stubborn, soft, strategy.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

2nd String
    YEA I AGREE WITH BOTH U GUYS, I LIKE THE GAME PLAN IN THE 1ST HALVE BUT WE SHOULD OF BUMP AN RUN WITH THEM THE SECOND HALVE,BUT REMEMBER WE WAS ALSO WITHOUT OUR TOP SAFETY BUT WE STILL SHOULD'VE WON THE CHEATERS AIN'T ****....................

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    #6: Giving the Pats receivers a cushion. How many times must we be picked apart by the short passing game before we realize that maybe it's time to start hitting those guys at the line of scrimmage? The Eagles did it. The Ravens did it. But we ignored their success in favor of our stubborn, soft, strategy.
    Yeah, probably the biggest reason right there.

#7: Not keep an LB home. Very often they were sent, which left the middle field prone to receptions. Brady works good under pressure, and if Foote or Harrison stayed center, we could have cut tose receptions in half.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    #4: Too much blitz. Don't blitz if they are burning you on the short passes! A given.
    Disagree..when they are burning you with the short pass then send 1 more guy atleast then they can block and force him to hold the ball longer and disrupt the timing of the plays. If you sit there and drop 6 or 7 guys they will still find holes, the key to stopping any offense in the NFL is pressure. You bring the pressure and get to the QB and that stops any offense dead in it's tracks.

Now the key is that the pressure has to get there because if it doesn't then you are vulnerable.

trickery my ***...that play was a busted fumble cluster****...not trickery

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah if you all are talking about that flea flicker gone haywire that moss dropped and then through back to Brady, yes that was a busted play they just kept with it and finished the play unlike our safeties that decided to stop playing and then got burnt.

gaffney said theyve been working on that play for a while now....he can die in a fire

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They may have been working on it for awhile now but they stole that **** from us back a couple years ago against the Bengals.

but he made it sound like it was a called play....it obviously wasnt lol

Thread Information