Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated playoff scenarios here this coming week for the Steelers...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

Updated playoff scenarios here this coming week for the Steelers...

If the Steelers win against Jax (or Baltimore) they are in the playoffs. At 10-6, they win the divsion unless Cleve wins out If Cleve wins out they eliminate Buffalo as far as the Steelers are concerned. A win vs a conf opponent give them 8 Conference wins, Tennessee can't have more than 7. Steelers get a Wildcard at least.

If the Steelers win vs StL and finish 10-6. They will be 7-5 in the AFC. Again, they win the divsion unless Cleve wins out (where again the eliminate Buffalo). The only way the Steelers miss the playoffs is if Tennessee wins the tiebreaker with them by winning out and finishing 10-6. But it will come down to Strength of Victory which could still go the Steelers way.

One win and the Steelers are almost certainly in the playoffs.

Eliminate all scenarios and just win out

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Eliminate all scenarios and just win out
    That's the best scenario and the only one we should focus ourselves on. Having to rely on somebody else to get in just sux and let's face if we blow the chance to continue to control our own destiny then we don't deserve to get in anyways.

That being said I want nothing more than to see the Browns lose atleast one more and essentially take them out of contention.

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    That Browns Bills game this weekend is not only huge in terms of who is going to get that last playoff spot in the AFC but its also huge in possibly determining who the Steelers are going to play here wildcard weekend assuming they win the division still which I still think they are going to do. If the Browns beat the Bills and the Steelers beat the Jags the Browns jump over the Jags for at least a week and are the number 5 seed because they would have a better conference record then the Jags by a half a game 7-4 to the Jags 6-4. If this does indeed happen that Browns Cincy game becomes huge for the Steelers the next week in determining who is going to be the 5 or 6 seed the Browns or Jags. Of course the Chargers could still jump the Steelers for the 3 seed if the Steelers lose another AFC game and the Chargers win out. But at this point that Bills and Browns game is going to determine a lot to who will get that last playoff spot. If the Bills somehow pull out a win in Cleveland they really really put a huge dagger in the Browns playoff hopes because they then would own the head to head over them and plus they have 2 winnable games to finish up speaking of the Bills playing the Giants at home who are good but inconsistent and are capable of losing any week and the Eagles on the road who arent very good at all. The Steelers at this point could go from being either the 3 or 4 seed and playing the Bills,Browns,Jags or Titans first game, or they could fall all the way to the 5 or 6 seed and end up playing the Chargers or Browns on the road wildcard weekend. We should know a lot more after this weekends game with the Jags and the Buffalo Browns game.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The bills are a lot like the Browns in that they can score and beat up on teams sub par teams so I expect that game to be pretty good in that respect but neither one of them has a snowballs chance in hell of doing anything into January because they can't stop anybody. That being said I hate the Clowns a lot more than the Bills so having Buffalo stick it to Cleveland would be great !

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    It will be a very good game I give the edge to the Browns though since they are playing at home and have been very very good at home this year so far going 5-1 with their only loss being to the Steelers. With that being said I still think it will be a battle and it will come down to the end and be very close and it wont shock me at all if the Bills somehow end up pulling off the upset here.

i wanna see the browns in the playoffs...with us winning the division of course...but the 3 game season sweep would be awesome

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i wanna see the browns in the playoffs...with us winning the division of course...but the 3 game season sweep would be awesome
    I'd love to see us knock their asses right out of the playoffs but damn it's hard to beat somebody 3 times in 1 season. That being said it's not like we don't know them as well as they know us and we have that psychological advantage over them knowing we've beat them so many times in recent history.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    I look for us to win out... We will then be 12-4 overall and the AFC North Champions.

we "should" win out but considering how ugly we play on the road, i don't know what to expect. if we keep up our win two, lose one, we are gonna lose to baltimore the last game of the year. i wonder what anthony smith is gonna guarantee this week... i can guarantee bruce arians will make at least 5 stupid play calls. my bitterness will end by saturday.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Thread Information