Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plays and tactics that could have costed us the game

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    #6: Giving the Pats receivers a cushion. How many times must we be picked apart by the short passing game before we realize that maybe it's time to start hitting those guys at the line of scrimmage? The Eagles did it. The Ravens did it. But we ignored their success in favor of our stubborn, soft, strategy.
    YES! Cover 2 press worked in the past two close calls with the Pathetics,my question: why deviate? If it works use it. I think LeBeau is getting too old for his job. No offense to him, I love the man just like the next Yinzer, but the fact remains: his stuff can get too complicated.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Basically I am saying go back to the basics. There are plays when safties came up and cbs dropped thier men.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    that's what i didn't get when everyone kept saying we were physical, hell no we ain't, sure we may hit hard after they catch, but we play soft on wrs, it's seem we've always have
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

#7: Going away from Heath/Holmes. Throwing WR screens. And my favorite: running in the 4th quarter. Why did we go away from Heath after first drive? Where did Santonio go? Our play calling sucked in the 4th Quarter, we simply layed down. That makes me feel worse about getting wacked 34-13. I would feel 5% better if we had actually TRIED in the last 8 minutes of the Game! Why do we insist on throwing WR screens? It works maybe once or twice in a game. Yet we throw about 4 or 5 a game. Then we try stupid double moves when the defense knows we like going deep. I miss Whiz. His playing calling was great (especially in the playoffs). Arians is a bum, he needs to go back the Cleveland or demoted to WR coach. We promised to go to the TEs more this year and lately we've gone away from that. I can understand wanting to give the ball the Hines against the Bengals, but my god Heath is open A LOT. We have a lot to fix if we have any hope of beating a very good Jacksonville team. Keep with what worker at the beginning of they year and my god get a freaking power back! Najeh is a good 3rd Down back, but we need a bruiser.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    that's what i didn't get when everyone kept saying we were physical, hell no we ain't, sure we may hit hard after they catch, but we play soft on wrs, it's seem we've always have
    It is LeBeau's Zone Blitz. It is getting old. Most offenses like Nickel and Diming now a days and quite frankly I hope Tomlin makes the switch to a 4-3. It would suit guys like Woodley and Timmons. The 4-3 "Tampa 2" (really should be the "Noll 2", but w/e) plays the west coast offense better. Look at Indy's D.
    Last edited by kgreen; 12-10-2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ 1 on the running in 4th. Poor move, didnt give a chance at all.

Is it me, or did the Pats give us a taste of our own poison?

Quote Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
    + 1 on the running in 4th. Poor move, didnt give a chance at all.

Is it me, or did the Pats give us a taste of our own poison?
    Yeah I am shocked they didn't run up the score yesterday. They actually ran the ball with a big lead. That doesn't take away from the fact that they acted like immature middle-schoolers all game. I hope Indy cleans their clock in the post season.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    -The Pats know that teams can't make a living by running on us.
    -The Pats also know that they don't have to run to score a lot of points so they just don't bother to do so.

They basically stuck to their MO of the entire year and dared us to stop them and we couldn't. They blocked better in the 2nd half and that opened up everything for them in their passing game.

Well our strategy was to run the ball to run down the clock... heres #9.

#9: Running down clock without sufficient lead (or no lead at all): I understand that Brady is weakest when he isnt playing, but when you have an offense that is that good, you should concentrate on scoring. Dont run down the clock when you are behind.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    By running the ball effectively you keep their offense off the field and give yourself a chance to run a lot of time off the clock but the key is that you have to sustain the drive and get the TD because FG's don't do jack against the Pats. We were able to move the ball with the run but we kept going away from it and then when we wanted to run in the redzone we couldn't anyways so we try to get tricky at the goal line and get burnt yet again.

Exactly, but when you are behind by 14 points and still running the ball? Whos call is that? Oh yeah, our good friend the OC.

Thread Information