Thread: Same OLD song...

Bookmark and Share

Same OLD song...

Bengals' Johnson promises dance

By Joe Starkey
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Wednesday, September 20, 2006

CINCINNATI - Chad Johnson plans to celebrate at Heinz Field on Sunday.
    The outspoken Cincinnati Bengals receiver says he will unveil a themed touchdown dance.

"Let's see, Pittsburgh is the Steel City, right? It'll have something to do with the Steel City theme," Johnson said before practice Wednesday. "It'll be interesting."

Somebody wondered if Terrible Towels would be involved. Some Bengals players used them to wipe their shoes after beating the Steelers at Heinz Field last season.

"No," Johnson said. "We'll probably save that for the second game."

Johnson took a big hit last Sunday against the Cleveland Browns and needed six stitches in his chin.

"Somebody does have to pay for that," he said, playfully. "My jaw hurts. My stitches are bothering me. My head hurts. I couldn't find my way home that night. Somebody has to pay, so I think the person to pick obviously is the mouth of their team, and that would be (linebacker Joey) Porter. So, 'Joey, you're going to have to meet me at the 50-yard line, and we can get it on.' "

Johnson said he and Porter actually are friends. Asked if he agreed with Sports Illustrated's assertion that Porter is the most feared player in the NFL, Johnson laughed and said, "No, I'll take him any day."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_471428.html

Does anyone else remember hearing this same old BS story before last year's game...I've been waiting on this "dancing fool" for a few years now...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Addicted
    Moved this to the Steelers Talk forum.

You hear this crap from him before every game. Yet I don't recall him doing much against us in 3 games last year. Maybe Porter can meet him at the 50 and fix those stitches for him....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    How bout a nice big helping of Troy Polamalu or Joey Porter to along with that dance huh Chad?

House of Steel
    How about a nice big fat helping of Ike Taylor blowing his head off?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Johnson puts out some more trash, challenges Porter

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06264/723722-66.stm

Thursday, September 21, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Say one thing about Chad Johnson, when he goes after an opponent, he goes after the biggest, baddest player.

The Bengals' mouthy wide receiver this week decided to take on Steelers linebacker Joey Porter, who recently graced the cover of Sports Illustrated as the game's most-feared player.

"Who am I going to pick on today?" Johnson wondered in a quiet tone at his locker in Cincinnati yesterday. "I'll pick on Joey!"

"Tell Joey," Johnson smacked, "we'll meet at the 50-yard line. We'll get it on."

Many of the Steelers admire Johnson and laugh off his antics, often staged and premeditated. In fact, Johnson and Porter consider themselves friends.

"That's Chad," Porter said. "He says that in a laughing matter. He's not serious. That's the type of guy he is, whatever gets him going. He's going to have an opportunity, I'll be right there on the 50-yard line waiting for him.

"I look at it as funny because I know that's what he's trying to do, he's trying to make a joke of it."

An act, Johnson said, mockingly.

"What act? You've never seen friends fight before? I'm going to be jawing out there Sunday."

Johnson pronounced Porter "pretty good" as a trash-talker in his own right, but as for the "most-feared" magazine declaration, "I'll take him any day."

"I've always been a target because of this, talking trash," Johnson said. "The hard part is hitting the target."

Cowher has some regrets

Although he denied he has seen it, Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis made sure earlier in the day that his players saw clips of coach Bill Cowher mocking the Bengals' "Who Dey?" chant. Cowher mocked it in the Steelers' locker room after they beat the Bengals in the playoffs, and repeated it at the Super Bowl victory parade in Pittsburgh.

"I didn't like it," Chad Johnson said after the clip was shown to the team this week. "I thought it was very rude."

Lewis, on a conference call with the Pittsburgh media, was asked what he thought of Cowher ridiculing the chant.

"Bill did that?" Lewis responded. "I wouldn't think he would do that. I have not seen that."

Cowher has not addressed the issue this week but, in March at the NFL meetings, he said he lamented what he did and admitted it might haunt him before the Steelers' first game against the Bengals.

"I kind of regret what happened," Cowher said. "At the parade, I kind of got caught up in that. The locker room thing is kind of the locker room. I have a lot of respect for Mike Brown and for Marvin, and the fact is that they won our division. They're the team we have to beat in our division because they're the ones on top.

"I'm sure the first time we play next year, I will have to relive everything I did and I will regret that and I will apologize at the time. It wasn't done with disrespect, it probably was done out of respect. What do they say? Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. That's the boat I'm in."

Porter said if that's what gets the Bengals up for the game, so be it. He compared it to the Steelers' reaction when Cincinnati receiver T.J. Houshmanzadeh wiped his shoes with a Terrible Towel after the Bengals won in Heinz Field in December.

"Whatever it takes to get you to that next level and lets you know how mean the rivalry is," Porter said. "They're going to use that as inspiration, and we think they should. It's going to be a dogfight when they come into Heinz stadium."

Joking or not I would love to see Porter just completely jack him up right at midfield !

My Mood
    Addicted
    Merged this with BlacknGold Bleeders thread TG since they were basically the same.

Before little Chaddy talks some trash he needs to learn to back it up first! Taylor shut him down last year and I see Ike having his best performance ever this Sunday! I hope he comes across the middle because someone in a black jersey is going to be waiting to lay him out on the field!

Did anyone see that hit that laid Johnson out? It was something else!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wonder how good of a player he would be if actually just shutup and played the game !

House of Steel
    TJ housemandzeh is questionable, but I sure wish that *** would step on the field cause there is going to be some extracting revenge waiting to happen on that field. I feel there is going to be a brawl in the epic proportion level. I wouldn't be surprised to see some players getting hurt in this game. I know it will be wild.

Stop me if I'm wrong, but, um, don't you need to actually score a touchdown in order to do a TD dance?

Thread Information