Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good game

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
    Earlier in the year our rookie first round safety Meriweather made a comment to the press that Wes Welker was one of the best slot receivers in the league. The next day BB had it up in the meeting room and asked the team "Who the f*ck is Brandon Meriweather and why does he think he knows anything about the NFL after never having played a game?"

I think Tomlin should have done the same to keep Smith quiet...
    Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    F U AN UR OPINION EVERLONG UR TEAM CHEATS THE ONLY THING ABOUT UR TEAM IS U HAVE AN REAL Q.B UR DEFENSE IS 2 OLD, UR C.B'S SUCKS AN UR OFFESIVE LINE NEEDS 2 B RETOOLED BRADY HAS BEEN HIT ALL YEAR NOW THAT UR COACH CAN'T STEAL THE OTHER TEAMS SIGNALS NO MORE.............THE CHEATERS WILL GO DOWN N HISTORY AS THE CHEATERS PLAIN AN SIMPLE THAT'S NOT AN TEAM 2 ROOT 4, I WOULD NOT B HAPPY 2 CALL THEM MY TEAM....................................
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    Calm down BAG4L. Everlong's post was very classy. He didn't gloat, although he certainly could have, and he was very respectful. I hope you can treat him with the same respect, and represent Steelers fans well.
    Looks like SF87 is leading the way with our rookie in telling him to STFU !!
    If ya stick around ya might find ya like the place. We don't hold any grudges against anybody for who they root for....but ya are stretching it a bit being a patsy fan !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
    I'm a Pats fan who mostly visits other fans sites for a perspective on how the fan base feels. I don't post much because no matter how polite you are you're always viewed as a troll. Every once in a while I'll chime in if I have something funny to say or want to get an specific opinion.

Any way, I am active at a lot of Pats forums and I must say the two fan bases that have really impressed me this year for their passion are the Redskins and Steelers. Both sent some trolls to the sites but every fan base has some. What got me with the Skins and your fan base was the quantity of good posters who had valid opinions and more importantly stuck around to say "good game" after all was said and done. That's not always easy to do.

Some of my take aways from the game.

I had the argument with a lot of fans that I'd take BR over Palmer any day of the week. Palmer has a physical skill set second to none and I'm including Brady and Manning in that. However he's not a winner but a whiner. Always looking to blame in place of bring his team together. I think BR is a top 5 QB and Sunday didn't change my mind.

Which leads me to point two. You had a great draft getting some good young defensive talent last year. This year I have to think it's going to be the O-line that get re-tooled. That is the shakiest line I can ever remember the Steelers having.

The Steelers seem to have fixed their special teams issues. I thought that would be a huge advantage for the Pats but Pitt played them even and may have even have had a slight edge.

I think Tomlin is going to be a very good coach. The one questionable call however was the 4th and goal hand off to Ward. I was screaming at my TV knowing it was coming when he came in motion with the open backfield. If I saw it coming you know the defense did. I have to wonder if they were trying to pay the Pats back for their trick play or what the thinking was? I think that play is better suited for a 4th and 1 on the 40 where the defense cannot crowd the line quite so much and I wonder if it would be better to run it out of a passing formation vs a heavy package.

Earlier in the year our rookie first round safety Meriweather made a comment to the press that Wes Welker was one of the best slot receivers in the league. The next day BB had it up in the meeting room and asked the team "Who the f*ck is Brandon Meriweather and why does he think he knows anything about the NFL after never having played a game?"

I think Tomlin should have done the same to keep Smith quiet.

I think this next game for the Steelers is huge. Being the 3 seed means the Steelers will get either Tenn, Buffalo or Cleveland. They've beaten 2 of the 3 and Tenn isn't scary. If they lose they play Jax again in the wild card round. Not that the Steelers cannot beat the Jags in a rematch but the Jags are by far the most physical team of the four listed. I wouldn't want to play Indy or NE coming off a game with the Jags while the other team rested.

Good luck going forward I'll continue to snoop around..........even if you do hate my team like the plague.
    You have it all wrong, at least I for one don't hate your team. Now Mr. Personalty, loser Bill we called him in Ohio, you can keep him and your owner is a frigging Neocon that I hope the incoming Democrats tax the hell out off.
    I hate how your team as well as other make passing the whole game. We saw this before and once again it will led to rule changes.
    Professional football sucks and it's getting worst every year.
    I do admire your team for never having a problem with the player wage cap, by the way how do they do it. Is it one of those hidden camera tricks.
    Is it true that the next superbowl trophy will be rimmed with********************************************

Thread Information