Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's what's really bothering me ...

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That's the problem with Bruce as the OC, he tries to be so diverse and use so many different formations that he out thinks himself and instead of just lining up and doing what we do he has to get cute and think like he's keeping the defense off balance but in reality it's keeping us off balance.

I can go along with this. However, I'm not certain if Arians is too "cute" or just dumb as a box of rocks. Thinking he's too "cute" might be giving him too much credit.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Yikes...........I agree Bruce Arians needs to go..........Did maybe anybody stop to think why this team is so soft on offense this year is due to the Oline not being the dominate group we're accustomed to seeing each season?.....If the Tomlin can fix the Oline through the draft then I think you will see that physical style back but also now we have the passing game to make us a balanced offense...

As for the defense its a good but not great unit.....I agree with Iron City there isn't players right now that other teams fear really......Harrison is a nice player but he disappeared yesterday as for the rest of the defense...Hopefully Timmons and Woodley are guys that can bring fear into offensive players minds....I think Smith is still a solid young player and can hit...But he sure didn't show up either....Don't even get me started with Troy....He is this spiritual zen master anymore that refuses to lift weights and has turned into a wuss......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Well ok, perhaps you're right on the cute part...as Steeler fans we aren't used to cute nor do we want to be. We're a physical football team that is supposed to line up and punch you in the mouth but lately all we do punch between the 20's and then get punched in the red zone and well, that's about it...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Where is our pride let alone our attitude of killin people. We used to be the type of D that for 60 minutes went at it hard no matter what the score was. WTF is up with Keisel laughin it up with Brady yesterday? While the game is goin on, I don't ****ing know you, I am tryin to blast through your OL and eat your ****ing heart out!!! Oh well he got his game check didn't he? And what was up woth Troy laughin it up on the sidelines instead of pulling the secondary off to the side and try and pump them up or something? Oh well he got his game check too.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    I can go along with this. However, I'm not certain if Arians is too "cute" or just dumb as a box of rocks. Thinking he's too "cute" might be giving him too much credit.
    Your wrong...he's dumber then a box of rocks, give the rocks some credit. He seriously needs his *** whipped, bags packed and kicked back to Cleveland.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    He seriously needs his *** whipped, bags packed and kicked back to Cleveland.
    That's the sad part, if mother ****ing Cleveland doesn't want you .... how much further down the food chain is there to fall? Him coming to us is like a turd thanking a septic tank for providing it a safe place to call home.

WTF? .....just what I want, Cleveland rejects!

2nd String
    iron city south i agree with ur statement about the running game, but i don't miss coward at all, mike tomlin will b an fine coach he didn't get 2 get his people that he wanted i believe we will have change after this year new o.c an new o-line coach an new special teams coach...........but i must agree i was saying the same thing yesterday n the bar we should've ran the ball 4x the cheaters couldn't stop the running game all night when ur at the 1 u have 2 run the ball plain an simple najeh could of got n, i tried 2 give bruce the benifit of the doubt but he has 2 go he sucks big time..................

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    That's the sad part, if mother ****ing Cleveland doesn't want you .... how much further down the food chain is there to fall? Him coming to us is like a turd thanking a septic tank for providing it a safe place to call home.

WTF? .....just what I want, Cleveland rejects!
    We used to take all the Detroit castoffs but atleast some of them worked out for us.

The problem is that everybody on the offense likes the way Bruce is running things and all the stats are up for this team in every major category from years past. I don't think Bruce is going anywhere next year so we might as well get used to it. I do hope that Tomlin steps in and tweaks things atleast because our redzone efficiency overall is not anywhere near where it should be. Like I've said many times, the dude is trying to so hard to be creative that he's out thinking us right into FG's all the time.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    We used to take all the Detroit castoffs but atleast some of them worked out for us.
    Especially one.....Hartings

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN
    The problem is that everybody on the offense likes the way Bruce is running things and all the stats are up for this team in every major category from years past. I don't think Bruce is going anywhere next year so we might as well get used to it. I do hope that Tomlin steps in and tweaks things atleast because our redzone efficiency overall is not anywhere near where it should be. Like I've said many times, the dude is trying to so hard to be creative that he's out thinking us right into FG's all the time.
    Thats the problem, he's worried about padding not only Ben's stats but his own in a trade out for losses over wins.

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

Who Stole Nate Washington's Hands??

This guy is driving me crazy...everyone on the team talks about how he tears it up at practice all week and then come game day he can't catch a cold! Ben needs a big time reciever...Hines is the man for critical 1st downs and tough over the middle catches..but we need that dynamic reciever who gets separation and makes the big play. Holmes is getting better..but his size and durability are in question.
    Could you imagine this offense if Ben had a T.O, Moss or even a Braylon edwards type reciever?..or how about teaching willie how to catch and using him as a westbrook type player.

~~Just a frustrated player watching Roethlisberger playing his best football and Hines and Heath seem like the only ones making plays for him.

Thread Information