Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anthony Smith

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by ohio steeler View Post
    um you guys won yes however you really did not look that good, we could have won this game and should have, we just beat our self's..
    What drugs are you on??..and where can i get some??...the pats owned your *** on sunday,the steelers are frauds and will prolly get knocked out in the wildcard round..For you to say that you shoulda beat us is insane
    3 More Before We Get 4.

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Quote Originally Posted by P4E* View Post
    What drugs are you on??..and where can i get some??...the pats owned your *** on sunday,the steelers are frauds and will prolly get knocked out in the wildcard round..For you to say that you shoulda beat us is insane

The patsies made the plays that won the game, while our super genius O coordinator played it to safe against a suspect D. I have nothing but praise to Brady & the O, but the STEELERS let a suspect D dictate the game instead of the other way around. And if the STEELERS had a reliable option other then Hines and Heath (Holmes definately was not ready 2 play) washington wilson and reid cannot carry us deep in the playoffs

and ur pats are perfect? lol i still dont get you guys! brady's playin lights out! moss is ballin! ur o-line is giving brady 15 minutes to read the d! those are true! thats all! hell i could throw 25 touchdowns to randy moss if i had 15 minutes to find an open reciever! u barely beat the eagles ravens colts and put a whoopin on us! the game could and should have been much closer!

you won! congrats! no one is taking that away from u or making excuses! the game could have been a lot better if our players showed up and we didnt make bonehead mistakes! u have a good team, not a perfect team! not yet! until you go 16-0 and then win the superbowl, ur not perfect! no one is an elite team until the final gun on the first sunday in feb. until then we wont know who's perfect or not! theres only one game in the entire season that matters! thats the last game of the year! until ur holding that lombardi above ur head, you are not elite!
    HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!! HERE WE GO!! PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!! We're gonna be the first to 6!!!

Waterboy
    Look garranting a win is OLD. it was news when Joe Willie namath did it way back in 1968 0r 69,but it's been done so many times since then I'm suprised any one pays any attension to it any more.
    I even do like the fact that Smith did it. That at least showed that he believed in his team.

The whole guarantee thing was so overblown. Tomlin put it best, saying that a team like the Patriots doesn't need something like that to motivate them. The inference is that they SHOULDN'T need something as trivial as Smith's guarantee to motivate them, and that if that's what does motivate them, something's wrong there.

The only way Smith's guarantee affected the game was the way that Smith got into his own head. Whether he was trying to hard, or just was distracted by his guarantee, Smith did not bring his A game, and the Steelers lost because of it. If Smith is at the top of his game, the Pats don't get those 2 big plays that broke the game open. Hell, maybe on one of those plays Smith flies over and crushes Moss, setting the tone for the game and making Moss think twice about going over the middle. Who knows?

I think talent-wise, the Steelers were good enough to win that game. Look at the 1st half. We didn't play our best football, but we were still just down by 3 points. Then in the 2nd half, we get ready to try a trick play that would have been a huge play to Ward, but Mahan gets owned by Wilfork and the play is blown up. If Mahan does his job there that could have been a dagger to the Pats heart, but instead the offense gets derailed, and then the Pats respond with a dagger of their own. That trick play they ran (which was exactly what we used to beat the Bengals in 05) really took the wind out of our sails. After that, the Steelers threw in the towel. And I can't blame them for that. We kept it close for a while, and had a chance to win. Once the Pats started to take control of the game, why empty the bag of tricks trying to get back into a meaningless game? Let them have round 1. The real game is in the playoffs. Just like the Colts in 05. And really, we got our asses beat much worse by the Colts that year, than we did by the Pats this year, even though the Pats won by (I think) 2 more points than the Colts did. In that game, our defense got torched, and our offense got totally overwhelmed. Yesterday, our defense got torched in the 2nd half, but our offense was able to move the ball pretty well.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Gold Standard
    I work with a Patsy fan who was upset about the first play where they burned AS for the long touchdown and Brady was up in Smiths face when James Harrison came up behind Tom and gave him a little "back off" bump. He thought it was a cheap shot. No cheaper than the in-your-face little head butt he gave Anthony Smith. I loved it when Harrison did that and I laughed at Brady's hasty retreat when he turned to see who nudged him. That was one of the highlights of the game for me.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I work with a Patsy fan who was upset about the first play where they burned AS for the long touchdown and Brady was up in Smiths face when James Harrison came up behind Tom and gave him a little "back off" bump. He thought it was a cheap shot. No cheaper than the in-your-face little head butt he gave Anthony Smith. I loved it when Harrison did that and I laughed at Brady's hasty retreat when he turned to see who nudged him. That was one of the highlights of the game for me.
    Couldn't agree more. That crap might be ok against the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins, who won't stand up to it, but if you want to talk **** against the Steelers, (a QB no less!) we aren't going to put up with that ****. He's lucky Harrison didn't pick him up and slam him like that Browns fan.

Now THAT would have been awesome. Totally worth the fine.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I've got to say that beyond the stop on their first possession and our first score, that was the highlight for me too. As I mentioned in another thread seeing Brady face planted would have topped it all but since I didn't get that, this was good. lol

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Smith has been solid for us all year and he is the future for us at Safety, he and Troy. This was a case of him getting sucked into the media's grasp for something to talk about. Tomlin and several members of the team talked to him about it so I would imagine that, while he'll always be a trash talker, he'll steer clear of any more guarantees for awhile.

He got owned yesterday, humbled in front of millions of people, it's a tough lesson to learn but he'll bounce back.
    I agree!!! To be honest though, I don't know what you would ever "guarantee" a win over the best team in the NFL! Seems very silly to me! We could have won that game but again we didn't bring our best. That's the way it's been for several years. We just need to keep playing our physical smart football and we can get places!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by P4E* View Post
    See this is the thing I hate about the Pats fans! you guys are never humble! Yes you beat us and badly but your team has lots of flaws and the Ravens, a team we humilated and you almost lost against showed them! Why can't you freakin Pats fans just accept your win humbly! We would have won that game IF we would have played like we know we can play, unfortunately we didn't play the game we all know we can play, too bad for us. Yes you embarrassed our defense ok, but it makes me not even want to extend any type of congrats your way. I would laugh my *** off if you all lost to the Jets and if they play well they could! Your team is not invincible because any team having a better day than you can and will win!!
    Last edited by TampaSteelGirl; 12-11-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    See this is the thing I hate about the Pats fans! you guys are never humble! Yes you beat us and badly but your team has lots of flaws and the Ravens, a team we humilated and you almost lost against showed them! Why can't you freakin Pats fans just accept your win humbly! We would have won that game IF we would have played like we know we can play, unfortunately we didn't play the game we all know we can play, too bad for us. Yes you embarrassed our defense ok, but it makes me not even want to extend any type of congrats your way. I would laugh my *** off if you all lost to the Jets and if they play well they could! Your team is not invincible because any team having a better day than you can and will win!!
    What she ****ing said!!!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information