Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Smith

Bookmark and Share
    Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    He is still young and all I want is for him to have learned something and that is to keep your mouth shut and let your game play do the talking come sunday.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He had to know he was going to get picked on today but he jsut wasn't up for the challenge. The defense showed up big at times but when it came right down to it they took advantage of his inexperience and his hot head and when right after him on those long plays.

Ike got burnt at times yesterday as well but both times he should have had safety help.

Rookie Free Agent

Anthony Smith....WOW

Anthony Smith, if your going to guarantee a win verse the PATRIOTS and fire their team up, then you better play your best. He got burned on two huge plays that were an easy 14 points for the patriots. One to Randy Moss and one to Jabar Gaffney. Even though the patriots did that trick play, he shouldnt have started running in towards the ball. THE PATRIOTS DON'T RUN. I think they had just 9 rushing attempts.

Before the Game:
    "We're going to win," Smith said after practice yesterday. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win."
    After he Game:
    "If I had been quoted right, it wouldn't have come out the way it did," he said

So now he's taking back what he said to the press??? Either it didn't come out right or he just feels like an idiot like guaranteeing a win. I don't know if you heard but the whole stadium starting chanting,"GUARANTEE"....thats embarassing

But its not this game that counts, its the next time we see them in he playoffs. This was just practice for the real important game

Quote Originally Posted by ohio steeler View Post
    I hope he has learned from this not to open his mouth and just let his game do the talking on the field because all he did was just feed the fire and make him self look like a jackass....
    I hope Smith, keeps his confidence, and meets the Pats in the playoffs, and lays the wood on Moss and Brady in a Steeler win in the AFC championship in a driving blizzard.

from now on he just needs to let his play do all the talking.

It is what it is. He said what he said. He got owned like he got owned.

What he does from here on out will show his character. I hope he builds from it , learns, and goes into cyborg anihilation mode. No more talk just total workman effort. Or does he regress, and let this haunt him.
    I gotta feel with the team around him, we see a better AS.
    Glad it happened in a meaningless, "test-run" game.
    Just searchin' for a positive to start my Monday with. ( oh, thanks, Ratturds)
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBenGo View Post
    It is what it is. He said what he said. He got owned like he got owned.

What he does from here on out will show his character. I hope he builds from it , learns, and goes into cyborg anihilation mode. No more talk just total workman effort. Or does he regress, and let this haunt him.
    I gotta feel with the team around him, we see a better AS.
    Glad it happened in a meaningless, "test-run" game.
    Just searchin' for a positive to start my Monday with. ( oh, thanks, Ratturds)
    This is a pivotal time for Smith, I think with the team he's got around him and Tomlin who is a good teacher he will bounce back. I gotta think he feels terrible how he played yesterday and he will want to redeem himself asap so I look for him to have a great game this coming weekend.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    I look forward to seeing how he comes back from this next week...

My Mood
    Addicted
    What I don't get, well really I do, is how does a S in our D bite on play action? Our D stops the run with the line and LB's, not the S's, yeah the S's support the run but thats in a defense that can't stop the run. After all the attention his comment brought, he knew he had to back it up, he tried to hard to be the one to make the big plays and got burnt for it big time.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Smith has been solid for us all year and he is the future for us at Safety, he and Troy. This was a case of him getting sucked into the media's grasp for something to talk about. Tomlin and several members of the team talked to him about it so I would imagine that, while he'll always be a trash talker, he'll steer clear of any more guarantees for awhile.

He got owned yesterday, humbled in front of millions of people, it's a tough lesson to learn but he'll bounce back.
    I think that's what he needed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Didn't matter whether he made the guarantee or not, he got burned deep twice on plays where it didn't even take a Tom Brady pinpoint pass to complete it. In fact on both plays the receiver had to wait on the ball and still caught it with 10 yards of separation. In most games it is hard to lay the blame entirely at the feet of one player but in this game it comes close. Take away the 14 points given up by Smith on those two long plays and it is a 20-13 game. Without such a huge point deficit perhaps we don't go for it on those fourth downs and turn the ball over on downs. Either way AS let his team down on this day. He talked like a champion but he played like a goat. Maybe next time he will let his play do all the talking.

Tom Brady's long ball has always been suspect.
    Last edited by yinzer; 12-10-2007 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

It's sad that the Media had to take someone's comments and blow them out of proportion and come up with what THEY think Smith meant to say. I feel sorry for Smith now, I hope he declines all interviews with them and tells them all where to stick it!

Thread Information