Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07 Draft class unimpressive thus far

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

07 Draft class unimpressive thus far

1. Lawrence Timmons - is he still on our team?
    2. Lamar Woodley - injured groin? No impact.
    3. Matt Spaeth - low impact.
    4. Daniel Sepulveda - class of our draft thus far.
    5. Cameron Stephenson - cut
    6. William Gay - screwing up on special teams.
    7. Dallas Baker - practice squad.

Maybe some of these guys will eventually pan out for us but so far having a punter as the class of your draft is not exactly something that gives me a warm and fuzzy about the future. Gotta believe that if you match up our rookie class with most, we would come out on the losing end. Couple more draft classes like this one and we will be comfortably at the bottom of our division. Were any of last years shortcomings fixed by this draft class? The only upgrade seems to be in the punter and thats not so good. Our first two linebacker picks have been tremendous disappointments IMO. Timmons plays special teams and barely ever even makes a tackle there. Because needs didn't seem to be fixed with this class it leaves us in a more desparate position for next years draft when we absolutely must address the O-line early and often. We will lose Starks and Faneca at a minimum. Is there anyone who sees this differently?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

ok, getting all worried after losing to the patriots is retarded.

Timmons and woodley have both been beasts when they played...there is NO need to rush them in with how our linebackers have been playing. William Gay has been a ST monster, but hes labeled as "a ST screw up" because the worse punt in the history of the world hit his foot. spaeth was drafted to block, he s great blocker and thats what hes been used for....stephenson and baker were obviously not making this team....and............

I TOLD YOU ALL ABOUT SEP lol....there should be no surprises there.

point is, very few gaping holes on this team and 9-4 isnt enough of a reason to declare the end of the ****ing world....Oline and skill position depth will be on this years list

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ok, getting all worried after losing to the patriots is retarded.

Timmons and woodley have both been beasts when they played...there is NO need to rush them in with how our linebackers have been playing. William Gay has been a ST monster, but hes labeled as "a ST screw up" because the worse punt in the history of the world hit his foot. spaeth was drafted to block, he s great blocker and thats what hes been used for....stephenson and baker were obviously not making this team....and............

I TOLD YOU ALL ABOUT SEP lol....there should be no surprises there.

point is, very few gaping holes on this team and 9-4 isnt enough of a reason to declare the end of the ****ing world....Oline and skill position depth will be on this years list

co-sign.........might as well lock this thread cause there isn't going to be a better response
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

**** it, im not done.

These 2 tremendous disappointments of linebackers on our roster have done nothing but make plays when given a chance...timmons has been on ST and played well, and woodley gets a sack every time he gets in the game...Last time weve seen woodley in extensive playing time was denver, he chased down cutler one on one for a 15 yard loss and cutler was to busy running backwards to throw it away. Timmons first quality snaps at LB he recovers a fumble while killing ricky williams...why force them in, they are quality backups to guys we have playing at a high level...harrison was a beast on our bench for a few years and look what we got.

I do apologize for our badass rookie linebackers who were drafted to groom and eventually take over for our badass veteran linebackers arent making enough of an impact to satisfy you...with our 3rd best record in the AFC.

its not like were falling apart by any means.

and again....i couldve told you sepulveda was gonna be a badass lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sep is as good a punter as there is in the NFL right now, he's worth every penny we're paying him and then some.

At this point I didn't expect our LB's to be much of a force because we have 4 good ones already. I thought they might get some playing time if Haggan's bad year last year continued or if Harrison got hurt but that hasn't happened. All 4 of our starters are playing at a high level this year, as good as any group in the league. If/when Haggans doesn't return next season then Woodley or Timmons will be ready.

Had Tomlin come in and cleaned house these 2 would have been starting but since he didn't they are where I kinda thought they'd be at this point.

As far as Gay goes, he's made some big plays for us on ST, he's still learning though and in his defense he was running toward the intending returner when the ball came down and hit him in the leg. He should have been aware more of his surroundings on that play but overall I'm pretty happy with him; he's got big potential.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    **** it, im not done.

These 2 tremendous disappointments of linebackers on our roster have done nothing but make plays when given a chance...timmons has been on ST and played well, and woodley gets a sack every time he gets in the game...Last time weve seen woodley in extensive playing time was denver, he chased down cutler one on one for a 15 yard loss and cutler was to busy running backwards to throw it away. Timmons first quality snaps at LB he recovers a fumble while killing ricky williams...why force them in, they are quality backups to guys we have playing at a high level...harrison was a beast on our bench for a few years and look what we got.

I do apologize for our badass rookie linebackers who were drafted to groom and eventually take over for our badass veteran linebackers arent making enough of an impact to satisfy you...with our 3rd best record in the AFC.

its not like were falling apart by any means.

and again....i couldve told you sepulveda was gonna be a badass lol
    Woodley and Timmons will be a badass combo someday. Not today and that should not be expected. Like K said they are being groomed. Give them a chance to develop.

Wait a couple of years to evaluate this class or any class for that matter. You just can't look at their rookie season. Look at their potential. It is there for these guys to be special.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Its not Timmons and Woodley's fault they're not getting any playing time....Why wasn't both in there during the blow out yesterday? What could have it hurt to get them some reps during a blow out loss...As for Woodley he has 3 sacks this year and again its not his fault why he isn't rotating with Haggans....

As for Spaeth....He can improve on his blocking but he has been solid......

D-Sep is going to be the punter for this team for years to come.....

As for William Gay....The punt was a short punt and it bounced up and hit him.....Not his fault also and I wouldn't say thats screwing up...He has been solid all year on special teams and the limited time he has seen on the defense....

Baker-is incomplete and I expect him to compete for a roster spot next year...

Look at Harrison, it took him a few years and whatnot. Then, a few weeks ago he finally had his coming out party. Timmons will too someday, just not this season.

I know it's slightly off track, but has everyone seen this?

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Its not Timmons and Woodley's fault they're not getting any playing time....Why wasn't both in there during the blow out yesterday? What could have it hurt to get them some reps during a blow out loss...As for Woodley he has 3 sacks this year and again its not his fault why he isn't rotating with Haggans....

As for Spaeth....He can improve on his blocking but he has been solid......

D-Sep is going to be the punter for this team for years to come.....

As for William Gay....The punt was a short punt and it bounced up and hit him.....Not his fault also and I wouldn't say thats screwing up...He has been solid all year on special teams and the limited time he has seen on the defense....

Baker-is incomplete and I expect him to compete for a roster spot next year...
    Da Wood has been battling a hammy, don't know about Timmons

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information