Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd half of the game...

Bookmark and Share

2nd half of the game...

We played a decent game the first half today, two heavyweights trading punches. Other then the 2 long touchdown passes we would have been on top.what concerns me is the way the patsies played the 2nd half. That spread offense killed us !! They basically abandoned the running game and went to that short passing game. We had pretty good pressure but when he is only holding the ball for 3-4seconds then passing , it makes it kinda hard to stop. My question to yins is how do we stop that....

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    As much as some of us don't want to believe it, we aren't in the heavyweight ranks. It was more of a middle-weight contender stepping into the octagon with a heavyweight brawler.

The Pats saw we weren't generating a pass rush in the 2nd half and went almost exclusively to the pass. As expected, Brady sat back there and cherry-picked us like nobody's business making our secondary look like organ grinders playing for whatever change somebody wanted to thow at 'em.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Bengals tried the same thing, to spread us out and we shut them down. The Pats spread us out and we still had our chances in the 2nd half. Spreading us out didn't have anything to do with the big plays, our secondary just completely got owned today. They really began to spread us out late in the 4th quarter when Welker went on that terror and we had no answer by then. We can play spread defense with anybody but Brady just had our number much like he did with everyone else this year, when it came right down to it the big plays killed us and we couldn't score when we had the chances.

prevent defense.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well if we would've blown their receivers up in the first half then maybe that never would've happened. We didn't challenge any of their receivers coming off the line especially Moss.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

We had a pass rush the second half why do ya think he was getting rid of it so fast?? If he had more time to throw don't ya think he would have thrown the long ball? He had to get rid of it and they had so many guys in the short routes some one was open.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Well if we would've blown their receivers up in the first half then maybe that never would've happened. We didn't challenge any of their receivers coming off the line especially Moss.
    That's because we were too busy being preoccupied with what was going on behind the line instead of sticking with our guys.

My Mood
    saints-hater

Key play in this game against the Pats was...

Vince Woolfork a Nose Guard Sacked Ben by Rolling off of both Sean Mahan and Alan Faneca on that first drive of the second half. Replay shows that Hines Ward was wide opened down field for a big play if ben gets the time. If we score coming out of the half, it sets the tone for the rest of the game.

Inexcusable, O-lines fault again. Mahan is not the answer. We might as well have kept Okobi. Mahan has broken the run of all pro centers which have been a long standing tradition for the Steelers. This guy stinks. He has given up so many easy sacks this year. Ben has been sacked over 35 times this year. That is ashame. But yet again I have a lot to complain about with this current crop of players on this team, O-line, receivers, Offensive Coordinator, play calling, coaching, game planning, halftime adjustments, just to name a few.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Key play was that our secondary decided to take the day off
    The pressure didn't get to Brady at all in the 2nd half
    The offense got stopped on 4th and goal
    They sputtered in the red zone settling for FG's twice
    The OL played well overall but gave up some key pressures
    the list goes on...

No matter how you look at this game we weren't ready to take the next step because you have to be able to play the Pats on their level for 60 minutes and we only did it for 30 minutes.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post

Thread Information