Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for Willie to show?

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Time for Willie to show?

A lot has been said about Willie Parker and what appears to be a down hill slide since the begining of the season. I feel this Sunday's game provides the oppurtunity to shut those of us up who feel Willie Parker is a flash in the pan. I read a lot of posts that people place our Super bowl win on willies shoulders (you obviously didn't see the Chicago game that turned our season).

One fumble in the Colts playoff game by Jerome will not keep him out of the Hall of Fame. A touchdown in the Super Bowl will not make Willie Parker even one of the best Steeler running backs.

I sure hope Willie proves me wrong this weekend. He reminds me a lot of the "Amos experiment" (other than Willie is our only back). We need to "POUND" the ball. It's that time of year! December is the running game and I love the 4 yard run.

Quote Originally Posted by Whodat View Post
    A lot has been said about Willie Parker and what appears to be a down hill slide since the begining of the season. I feel this Sunday's game provides the oppurtunity to shut those of us up who feel Willie Parker is a flash in the pan. I read a lot of posts that people place our Super bowl win on willies shoulders (you obviously didn't see the Chicago game that turned our season).

One fumble in the Colts playoff game by Jerome will not keep him out of the Hall of Fame. A touchdown in the Super Bowl will not make Willie Parker even one of the best Steeler running backs.

I sure hope Willie proves me wrong this weekend. He reminds me a lot of the "Amos experiment" (other than Willie is our only back). We need to "POUND" the ball. It's that time of year! December is the running game and I love the 4 yard run.
    He IS the leading rusher in the AFC and 2nd in the league. Willie will be fine.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think anyone is calling him a flash in the pan but he does need to do something this week. I doubt he does anything spectacular that we're hoping for, for whatever reason, IMO, he's running very apprehensive and somewhat "scared". That could be because he's lost faith in the OL, or he could be getting tired from all the carries or he could be hurt. If he does anything at all, it needs to be to the outside, running up the gut will be pointless and the Patsies LB's are old as dirt, they won't be able to pursue, they will need a lot of secondary support, another reason we need somewhat of a consistent running game, if we get that, Ben will light up Foxboro with play action.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Am I the only one who thinks a thread title of "Time for Willie to Show" is pretty darn funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks a thread title of "Time for Willie to Show" is pretty darn funny?
    Not The Only One ,,,,,,,,,

Willie will be alright,,,,,,,,"SIMMA"

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Whodat View Post

WTH?! R you serious? There is a huge difference between Willie and Amos. First of all, Amos couldn't do it any better than Willie, and Amos had a better OL to run behind. And Amos didn't get half the carries that Willie gets or will get.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Famous Amos should have been "infamous amos" because he was just awful. That guy couldn't find the hole in the blocking to save his life. He was decent as a 3rd down back but when he was put into a more prominent role he just did a whole lotta nothing.

Artist: Sweet
    Song: Little Willy

North side, east side
    Little Willy, Willy wears the crown, he's the king around town
    Dancing, glancing
    Willy drives them silly with his star shoe shimmy shuffle down
    Way past one, and feeling alright
    'Cause with little Willy round they can last all night
    Hey down, stay down, stay down down

'Cause little Willy, Willy won't go home
    But you can't push Willy round
    Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
    Little Willy, Willy won't go home

Up town, down town
    Little Willy, Willy drives them wild with his run-around style
    Inside, outside
    Willy sends them silly with his star-shine shimmy shuffle smile
    Mama done chase Willy down through the hall
    But laugh, Willy laugh, he don't care at all
    Hey down, stay down, stay down, down

'Cause little Willy, Willy won't go home

Little Willy, Willy won't
    Willy won't, Willy won't
    Willy won't, Willy won't
    Willy won't, Willy won't
    Willy won't, Willy won't

.....I fondly remember terrorizing my brother Will with this toe-tapper
    good times , good times
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Famous Amos should have been "infamous amos" because he was just awful. That guy couldn't find the hole in the blocking to save his life. He was decent as a 3rd down back but when he was put into a more prominent role he just did a whole lotta nothing.
    Amos Zero! played like he weighed a buck twenty-five
    Last edited by GoBenGo; 12-09-2007 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    He IS the leading rusher in the AFC and 2nd in the league. Willie will be fine.
    Seriously, Barry Sanders was a pretty good RB but his team never won anything. WP is the same type of back and we aren't the same team we have been for 10+ years because of it. We can no longer just pound the ball at will. Say all you want about WP, he just isn't that type of back. He can break them now and then which inflates his ypc and all that. But those of us who watch every game know he isn't the type of back to carry a team (for example like Bettis did with the Bears that one game). That's just not WP nor do I expect it to be.
    I do expect our coaches to be smart enough to see that though and plan accordingly!
    WP has not and will not be able to run the clock out at the end of games. Some blame him, some blame the O-line. If the O-line was that damn good we could slide any RB in there. Bettis spoiled us.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Tomlin said he is going to ride FWP till the wheels fall so at this point I don't know that we would go in another direction for a RB. With Willies contract and the numbers he puts up I think he'll be around for quite awhile. I do hope we get Russel some more carries and see if he can add something to our arsenal for these grind it out performances we need at the end of games.

Thread Information