Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Patriots (Wk. 14)

Hybrid View

Steelers vs. Patriots (Wk. 14)

vs.

Sunday December 9, 2007
    4:05 PM EST

I'm personally getting a little sick of hearing the Sports shows and TV channels slobbering all over the Patriots. If there is any one team in the NFL that can bring the Patriots streak to a streaking halt it WILL BE THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS. This game is a clash of the number one offense versus the number one and probably the hardest hitting defense in the league... which is not what Randy Moss wants to hear.

The Steelers running game has been stagnant as of late especially against teams that give up huge chunks of rushing yards; and to make matters worse FWP isn't particularly great at running the ball on the road. Not only can the Steelers get back on track but FWP can get the monkey off his back all in the same weekend because the running game is going to be one of the key components for the Steelers to stop the Patriots. Clock managment and milking the clock once the Steelers grab the lead is going to be crucial to keep the Pats offense off the field... granted they don't have a running game which the Steelers would stop anyways, they rely solely on the the pass which the Steelers secondary is one of the tops in the league... The Patriots might look good on paper when it comes to stopping the run but that stat also needs an * because when you're putting up 40 points before half time teams are forced to abandon the run and turn to throwing the ball down field.

As mentioned so many times already the Steelers Defense is ranked number one overall in the league. Their secondary has actually been very impressive this year especially compared to recent years past. They have some of the hardest hitting safeties in the league with Smith, Carter and Polamalu (Probable). These guys make receivers think twice when they run a patter across the middle of the field... just ask Chad Johnson and TJ Houzeyourmama! This is going to be a classic showdown and one that nobody is going to want to miss!!!

Join us this Sunday here in the gameday thread as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    HERE WE GO STEELERS
    HERE WE GO!!!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Waterboy
    LETS GO STEELERS LETS GO............WHIP THE .... OUT OF THE PATSIES

Waterboy
    The defense will totally shut down their receivers, so all the pats have is MARONEY?! our linebackers could stop him like a stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by steelernewb50 View Post
    The defense will totally shut down their receivers, so all the pats have is MARONEY?! our linebackers could stop him like a stop sign.
    Faulk can run the ball pretty well,and dont count out mnaroney,he is a dangerous player

Im soory but,your Top D will simply not shutout the Top O in the entire NFL..Beware of our D as well,i can see them having a decent day tmoz

it's gonna be a cracker,there is no doubting that

pats 37-20 steelers

HERE WE GO PATRIOTS HERE WE GO
    3 More Before We Get 4.

Quote Originally Posted by P4E* View Post
    Faulk can run the ball pretty well,and dont count out mnaroney,he is a dangerous player

Im soory but,your Top D will simply not shutout the Top O in the entire NFL..Beware of our D as well,i can see them having a decent day tmoz

pats 37-20 steelers

Not that same D that gave the Ravens a season High 24 w/ Boller looking like a star and Heap out!Can't wait for it!They left that game believing they were better. They did not leave Heinz so enthused.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

pats 37-20 steelers

beware of your D? who should we fear? old asses junior seau and tedy bear bruschi? or should we be afraid of your defensive backs that couldn't outrun rush limbaugh?

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

pats 37-20 steelers

We will shut down your running game. We will jam moss. Smith will be looking to lay out moss or anyone else who dares cross the middle. Then will snap brady in half.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Good luck against the Pats. I don't think you will win, but I hope you do. I want to see the Pats record fall back to that of my Cowboys...that is if my Cowboys aren't too busy trying to maim Kitna and forget to beat the Lie-Downs.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Bring on the Cheatriots !!!!!! Enough with the hype and talk, let's get this game going and take them out !

Thread Information