Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens loss to Pats last night can be a good thing in 2 ways...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Ravens loss to Pats last night can be a good thing in 2 ways...

First one being that they definitely softened the Pats up for the Steelers some playing a very physical game and having to come right back 5-6 days later on Sunday and play another physical team in the Steelers. Also, by the Pats winning it keeps them undefeated and keeps the Steelers motivated just as much to go down there and try to be the first team to beat them this year. Had the Pats lost that game I think the luster of this game might have been taken off some and maybe the Steelers would have lost their edge slightly just some food for thought. I will not be devistated if the Steelers lose this game so much against the Pats as long as they dont get blown out and play them tough and right to the end. If they can do that and show me that they can play with the Pats then maybe they will can beat them and get another shot at them and beat them when it counts and that is in the playoffs in January.

The other reason Im glad the Ravens lost this game last night is that maybe it will motivate them even more to beat the Colts at home on another primetime game Sunday night. Lets face it had the Ravens beat the Pats last night there is no way they would have beat the Colts this Sunday I dont think. Maybe this will motivate the Ravens to come out and play another great game in primetime again and beat the Colts and help the Steelers still have a shot to get that number 2 seed. The Ravens have now lost 6 in a row they are going to beat somebody again at some point this year why not let it be Indy this week and help the Steelers out especially if the Steelers end up beating the Pats somehow it would put the Steelers right back in control of their own destiny for that number 2 seed in the playoffs. So if the Steelers do end up pulling out this game against the Pats Sunday night somehow then the Steelers all of a sudden become huge huge Ravens fans again Sunday night and root for them to beat the Colts.

The pats are out for blood this sunday,there is no way we will play 3 average to bad games in a row,im not saying we will walk all over you but,i fully expect the pats to win.

the ravens/colt game is gonna be an intresting match-up ..if they can run the ball like they did yesterday,and boller can make plays downfield,i can see the ravens D doing enough to win the game,should be a good one next sunday
    Last edited by P4E*; 12-04-2007 at 04:49 PM.
    3 More Before We Get 4.

Quote Originally Posted by P4E* View Post
    The pats are out for blood this sunday,there is no way we will play 3 average to bad games in a row,im not saying we will walk all over you but,i fully expect the pats to win.

the ravens/colt game is gonna be an intresting match-up if they can run the ball like they did yesterday,and boller can make plays downfiled,i can see the ravens D doing enough to win the game,should be a good one next sunday

Nah, I don't think the Ravens will win next week. They're emotionally spent.

As for the Pats, don't be surprised if the Steelers pull off the upset.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    Nah, I don't think the Ravens will win next week. They're emotionally spent.

As for the Pats, don't be surprised if the Steelers pull off the upset.
    If the steelers beat the pats i wouldn't be suprised,i expect you to score21-24 points,our D is simply not good enough,teams can run and throw on the pats with ease it seems,they only problem the steelers will have is stopping are high powered Attack..patriots 34 steelers 24
    3 More Before We Get 4.

#1 pass defense, #2 Run defense and #1 overall....at least give it some credit

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    With 2 close, emotional games in a row, the Eagles throwin on them and the Ratbirds runnin on them, I'd say the Patsies psyche and confidence is a little rattled right now, especially with the Steelers next up. This won't be a easy game for the Patsies to win, they will have to bring their A game just like we will have to do. If they thought that was a hard D to play against in Baltimore, wait until they get a load of the Steelers. Steelers 31-Patsies 30

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

i dont think this is gonna be very high scoring to be honest....there air game might get grounded in the cold a little bit

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by P4E* View Post
    they only problem the steelers will have is stopping are high powered Attack
    Hell if the Ratbirds can do it, we are the #1 overall D in the league. Tell em K!!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train
    #1 pass defense, #2 Run defense and #1 overall

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    colts-hater
    The Steelers MUST come out and start fast in this game and control the clock and control the game early in the first quarter and first half. If they dare even start this game out like they did the Jets game and Denver game then the Pats will absolutely destroy the Steelers on Sunday. The Steelers cannot afford to come out in this game flat and sluggish, so Tomlin had better have this team ready to come out and play on the road something he has not done at all the 3 games the Steelers have lost so far this year. If the Steelers are even the slightest bit flat or what not this game its going to be a very very long day in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Hell if the Ratbirds can do it, we are the #1 overall D in the league. Tell em K!!
    The ravens got in brady's face last night,he had a lot of throws where he was on the run or he was throwing of balance..the steelers secondry doesn't worry me one bit,it's there LB that do,Farrior,Haggans,Foote and harrison are head and shoulders ahead of our LB's..the pats will make big play down field,i can see ben watson(as long as he catches the ball)being a big factor,the patriots are so hard to defend due to the fact that anyone can have a big day.

im so excited..."Here we go patriots here we go"
    3 More Before We Get 4.

Thread Information