Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens Question Officiating in Loss to Pats

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Ravens Question Officiating in Loss to Pats

Ravens Question Officiating in Loss to Pats Tuck Rule Gets a Mention

You know, for all the discussions by certain segments of the internetosphere that the NFL is anti-Patriots, the Ravens would like to take this opportunity to strongly object. ESPN.com's Mike Sando had the great pleasure of being in Baltimore's locker room after the game and here's some of what he heard:
    [Terrell] Suggs on officiating: "It's kind of the feeling of the 2001 tuck rule. It kind of feels like the tuck rule. That is the NFL for you, man. When they got a guy like that that is selling a lot of tickets, you want to keep him selling tickets."

[Derrick] Mason on officiating: "I'm going to take it back to last game. San Diego. Quinn Sypniewski runs down the field, runs into one of their DBs, we catch the ball and they call offensive pass interference. OK. Great. This game, same things happens. Randy Moss runs right into Samari Rolle. They call defensive pass interference. I don't understand that. One game it's called one way, the next game it's called another way. At the end, you have a phantom call. That's why it's hard to play and win a game when you are playing against more than just the best team in the NFL."
    It's worth pointing out that T. Sizzle didn't do jack against Matt Light all night, and Mason was the guy mugging two Patriots defenders on the last second Hail Mary hauled in by Mark Clayton.

Whatever, none of that takes away from the fact that the Ravens feel they were slighted. Was the officiating suspect? Sure. But isn't it always? Baltimore had plenty of opportunities to win the game, and while the defensive holding call on the Patriots' last drive was an eyebrow-raiser, it didn't have to come to that. I'm sure that won't slow up all the conspiracy talk, though.

LINK

The ratbirds have no one to blame but themselves, it's called CHOKING !!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Perfect game!! Ratbirds beat the crap out of the Gatriots physically all game. They get to Brady, alter his game. Their O line beats up on Patsies already soft Dline. Weaknesses in in Team Platinum are exposed, and the Ratbirds can't come any closer to winning, but LOSE.
    The Turds get another loss , putting them farther behind us, and the Gatriots stay undefeated , making our matchup that much more intense. I want to be the ones to knock them off. I think the Turds softened them up but good for us too.
    Ratturds benefit the Steelers and don't win, great day.

That being said, the officiating this year has really taken alot of the enjoyment from the game. Plays are now designed to get penalties instead of yards. You can almost predict when they will happen. I do not think there is bias by officials towards any one team, I just think the officiating has been that bad for everyone. It was better when they could just play. The penalties in question in last nights game were very marginal. Some ridiculous. Some weren't even called.
    Still, good teams put themselves in position to win games like this, bad teams do not do enough to overcome bad calls. Turds had every opportunity, just could not recognize a win when it was dangled in front of them.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBenGo's Sig
    Your ability to deal with the unforeseen and your ability to deal with adversity defines you. Sometimes you create it. Sometimes the elements create it. Sometimes your opponent creates it. How itís created is irrelevant, itís how you deal with it. Coach Tomlin
    Your sig says it all bro!! Nice!!!

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Rookie Free Agent
    as much as i hate the ratbirds...i hate the patsies more...but billick made a ****-poor decision to call a time out on a 4th and 1 WHEN THEY STOPPED THEM...oh well...just gives us a chance to be THAT team....i cant wait...my girlfriends family are ALL patsies fans...i just wanna rub it in their faces

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by G89Newitt13 View Post
    as much as i hate the ratbirds...i hate the patsies more...but billick made a ****-poor decision to call a time out on a 4th and 1 WHEN THEY STOPPED THEM...oh well...just gives us a chance to be THAT team....i cant wait...my girlfriends family are ALL patsies fans...i just wanna rub it in their faces
    Actually it was Ryan who called the TO right before the ball was snapped, who knew the Ratbirds would've stopped dumb**** (Brady). He was right in calling the TO, he only had one DT in on a definite run play. Then they stopped them again, but a false start was called. Like someone else said in another thread, the D should have the option to decline those penalties. The Ratbirds D stopped them on 3 more downs but fate (refs) intervened and gave the Patsies that one last chance. I'm not blaming the refs or anything but in a game like this, it should come down to letting the players play.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Chatty
    I"m so sick of this team blaming everyone else but themselves!! They constantly blame someone else! We humiliated them and they still have complaints about unfairness! Please boys get a life!!!
    They are such a bunch of whiners!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You want some Cheese with that Whine ???

Same old ratbirds, complaining and putting the blame on someone else because they didn't win. They'll never learn.

If you want to bitch about the officiating then don't put yourself in a position for it to be a factor when the game is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    Ravens Question Officiating in Loss to Pats Tuck Rule Gets a Mention

You know, for all the discussions by certain segments of the internetosphere that the NFL is anti-Patriots, the Ravens would like to take this opportunity to strongly object. ESPN.com's Mike Sando had the great pleasure of being in Baltimore's locker room after the game and here's some of what he heard:
    [Terrell] Suggs on officiating: "It's kind of the feeling of the 2001 tuck rule. It kind of feels like the tuck rule. That is the NFL for you, man. When they got a guy like that that is selling a lot of tickets, you want to keep him selling tickets."

[Derrick] Mason on officiating: "I'm going to take it back to last game. San Diego. Quinn Sypniewski runs down the field, runs into one of their DBs, we catch the ball and they call offensive pass interference. OK. Great. This game, same things happens. Randy Moss runs right into Samari Rolle. They call defensive pass interference. I don't understand that. One game it's called one way, the next game it's called another way. At the end, you have a phantom call. That's why it's hard to play and win a game when you are playing against more than just the best team in the NFL."
    It's worth pointing out that T. Sizzle didn't do jack against Matt Light all night, and Mason was the guy mugging two Patriots defenders on the last second Hail Mary hauled in by Mark Clayton.

Whatever, none of that takes away from the fact that the Ravens feel they were slighted. Was the officiating suspect? Sure. But isn't it always? Baltimore had plenty of opportunities to win the game, and while the defensive holding call on the Patriots' last drive was an eyebrow-raiser, it didn't have to come to that. I'm sure that won't slow up all the conspiracy talk, though.

LINK
    So which call are you guys bitching about, my God there were so many unnecessary flags that I wouldn't know where to start. Lets take the one that the league will see and remember. Picking up a flag and tossing it into the stands. How about those words with the official. He was a Brother and I swear he looked like he was ready to turn white.
    That played should be expelled from the league.
    Just think Rats, you nearly made the record book, but with your luck and the type of game you play you will be remembered by the two big penalties at the end of the game.

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    I wonder as much as this has been talked about on the radio talk show, NFLN and espn if it will have to refs a little less likely to throw their hankies in this upcoming Steelers/Pats game. Could work out for us some

Thread Information