Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ravens loss to Pats last night can be a good thing in 2 ways...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If anything I would have thought they be all pissed after nearly losing to the Eagles but the Ratbirds came out and gave them everything they could handle. 2 close wins back to back all being pulled out in the last minutes of the game I'd say we are right where we want to be. Coming into their house where they are heavy favorites, 14 points last I checked, and nobody expecting us to win. The pressure is clearly on the Pats to "blow somebody out" and reestablish their dominance in the eyes of the league, right now we have nothing to lose because nobody expects us to win so we can go in there and have fun. If we can stop Carson Palmer and his trio of WR's then we can play with Moss, Brady, Welker, and Stallworth too. It won't be easy and it will take a mistake free game but it can be done and I'm looking forward to see what we might be able to do against them.

dude, we can get pressure, and to be honest...our secondary is pretty nasty this year, something it hasnt been for a while. We got zero pressure on hasselbeck and they didnt do a thing with all day to throw....i know the pats are better than the hawks but its the same idea.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    dude, we can get pressure, and to be honest...our secondary is pretty nasty this year, something it hasnt been for a while. We got zero pressure on hasselbeck and they didnt do a thing with all day to throw....i know the pats are better than the hawks but its the same idea.
    I respect that but,if you dont get any pressure on brady on sunday he will toast your D all day..the seahawks dont have anyone like welker,stallworth,watson or moss now do they?
    3 More Before We Get 4.

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Pats D is not very good at all. The linebackers are old and slow and other then Samuel their secondary gives up a lot of big plays and they are giving up damn near 5 yards a pop when teams run on them. Ben and this offense definitely can score and make some plays on this D and possess the ball for along time to keep Brady and that offense off of the field. So its just going to come down to not really stopping the Pats offense but more or less just containing them. Dont let them go off and start making big play after big play. I disagree with you TG when you say if we can stop Palmer and his receivers they can do the same with the Pats. Brady is much much more accurate then Carson Palmer and just a much better over Quarterback then Palmer, and these receivers Moss,Welker,Stallworth,Gaffney,and even Watson and Faulk all get open and make plays more so then Chad Johnson,TJ,and Henry. Can the Steelers slow them down?? Absolutely but its going to take nothing short of their best effort to do so.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by P4E* View Post
    The ravens got in brady's face last night,he had a lot of throws where he was on the run or he was throwing of balance..the steelers secondry doesn't worry me one bit,it's there LB that do,Farrior,Haggans,Foote and harrison are head and shoulders ahead of our LB's..the pats will make big play down field,i can see ben watson(as long as he catches the ball)being a big factor,the patriots are so hard to defend due to the fact that anyone can have a big day.

im so excited..."Here we go patriots here we go"
    Granted they have a lot of weapons but you might want to be worried about our secondary. Once we knock Moss and Stallworth in the mouth a few times they'll be pulling turf outta their grills cuz they hit the ground so fast. Welker is the only one I'm worried about-he's as tough as they come, he won't be intimidated like the other 2 will be. Don't forget Timmons and Woodley, you'll see them also and not like you want to see them. Your guys will have a tough day and they know it. Good luck!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

The ravens got in brady's face last night,he had a lot of throws where he was on the run or he was throwing of balance..the steelers secondry doesn't worry me one bit,it's there LB that do,Farrior,Haggans,Foote and harrison are head and shoulders ahead of our LB's..the pats will make big play down field,i can see ben watson(as long as he catches the ball)being a big factor,the patriots are so hard to defend due to the fact that anyone can have a big day.

im so excited..."Here we go patriots here we go"
    NOPE! All the "weapons" on the Patriots start with Brady. Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, JarJar Gaffney. The Ravens had the gameplan, cut off the head and the snake dies. When Brady is being harassed he is not making downfield plays.( he gets up off the turf and whines to the ref). With a token running game, they lose this one to a much better defense and a more balanced team: The Steelers!
    I can't type much here at work, Man, i wish I had more time for this right now, we so have this game!
    Here we go Steelers! Here We Go!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Quote Originally Posted by GoBenGo View Post
    NOPE! All the "weapons" on the Patriots start with Brady. Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, JarJar Gaffney. The Ravens had the gameplan, cut off the head and the snake dies. When Brady is being harassed he is not making downfield plays.( he gets up off the turf and whines to the ref). With a token running game, they lose this one to a much better defense and a more balanced team: The Steelers!
    I can't type much here at work, Man, i wish I had more time for this right now, we so have this game!
    Here we go Steelers! Here We Go!
    WOW..You really think you will come into our house and take the W??..Very confident arn't you bro,we are playing poor right now,but we are still winning,beware,we could blow you away if we get it right sunday,i expect the pats to win,the steelers are a very good allround side,but the pats are at home and have a point to prove
    3 More Before We Get 4.

WOW..You really think you will come into our house and take the W??..Very confident arn't you bro,we are playing poor right now,but we are still winning,beware,we could blow you away if we get it right sunday,i expect the pats to win,the steelers are a very good allround side,but the pats are at home and have a point to prove
    The Pats aren't playing poor, they just played 2 teams that aren't scared to send people after Brady, and we're better than both those teams. You better be worried about our secondary look at the stats, their the best in the league. We don't allow the deep ball plus we got hard hitting safeties which mean Randy will be a none factor. Randys tooo soft
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    The Pats aren't playin poor, they're still playin good and barely winning. You ever think that the rest of the league is catching up fast on how to beat the Patsies? Don't think you'll go undefeated either....the Dolphins have something that the Patsies don't....CLASS!!!!! Harrison proved that last night.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    The Pats aren't playing poor, they just played 2 teams that aren't scared to send people after Brady, and we're better than both those teams. You better be worried about our secondary look at the stats, their the best in the league. We don't allow the deep ball plus we got hard hitting safeties which mean Randy will be a none factor. Randys tooo soft
    Thats what I'm screaming!!!!!

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

Thread Information