Thread: I really hate the pressures........

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty

I really hate the pressures........

I"m so sick of the pressures the media put on the Steelers about beating the Pats!! I know we can do it because of us beating the Colts to get us to the SB when NO ONE thought we could win however, I so sick of the added pressure they put on our boys!
    What does everyone else thing?

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

I think the Pats are the ones with the pressure, however i truley believe that if the Steelers play even to about 80% potential they could quite easily beat the pats and here's why.

The Pats don't / can't run the ball and throw and the Steeler defence is number 1 against the pass and with two reserve safties, locked and shut down the Bengals top 5 offence. The Pats play the same.

When we have the ball, i see FWP struggle again, and again the game will be put into Ben's hands, yet he constantly delivers the goods. It will be key if S Holmes is ready to play as that will really help our game. And the weakest part of the Pats is their 2ndary... something we can easily exploit.

Finally murphies law... lets face it we've played fairly poorly last 3 games yet still won 2 of them. Good teams find ways to win, and just hink how good we will be if we click and nothing would get me pumped more than going into Brady's house and knocking the crap out of them.

Steelers win in similar fashion to the game v the Bengals with a similar score of

Pitt 24 - 17 Pats...

You heard it here first folks!!

Nah, I don't see how the pressure can be on the Steelers. They're supposed to lose. The debate nationally isn't "who will win the Pats/Steelers game?", it's "how high should they set the line for the Pats/Steelers game?" Basically the only thing people are talking about is, "maybe the Steelers will make it a close game." That's it. The Steelers are predicted to lose. The only people who believe they can win, other than the fans, are the guys in that locker room. The Steelers thrive on that kind of stuff.

BTW, since Pete mentioned going into Brady's house, that reminded me, nothing would please me more than to beat the Pats, AND have our fans take over their stadium. That would be the icing on the cake. I'm looking for Steeler Nation to be on it's A game as well as the team.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Chatty
    Well i mean more so media wise. I hate how they hype all this up! I know it's their job but when we don't meet those expectations then they bash us so badly!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The media portrays the Pats as God's gift the NFL, the posterboys of perfection. Each week all the hype is "is this the week the Patriots lose". Personally I'm all for anybody beating the Pats I don't care who it is, obviously teams have come close and the Pats are not unbeatable which is what we've all been saying since day 1. It's just up to us to go up there and play to our potential and if we do that then we can play with anybody in the league and beat them. That being said they are as well coached in the league as anybody and it will be our toughest game to date of if we win we'll know we've definitely earned it.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I think the Steelers should throw more often. Now if they can run like Willis McGahee last night they can keep it up!

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    How about we just put a few late hits on Brady? Then go after his knees all game long. Would love to see Brady go down with a torn acl, mcl, season ending injury.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    How about we just put a few late hits on Brady? Then go after his knees all game long. Would love to see Brady go down with a torn acl, mcl, season ending injury.
    Tell us how you really feel

I gives a damn about the media, they know nothing about football so I really don't think the players care about what they have to say. Like the fact that while the Pats are looking to break Miami's 16-0 record, the same team is about to set 0-16 record in the same year. (Clowned by the JETs)How cazy is that the year your team record is threatened your team is about to go 0-16
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 12-04-2007 at 10:30 PM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

pressure is mounting on the pats, they are getting hurt and 2 weeks in a row were almost beat....they were given both those games, a greedy throw in the eagles game and a series of events that never should have happened in the ravens game....were going in there with wayyyyy less pressure than them

Thread Information