Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network

Bookmark and Share

NFL Network

Ok. I looked around and didnt see anything. And figured the only section this could go was NFL lol. Anyway, who here has the NFL network, and who doesnt for starters. And how many of you havent known that the NFL Network has Thursday night games after Thanksgiving. The NFL Network has been doing this for 3 years, or since there has been a network anyway. Ive never had the NFL Network, I dont even have satellite anymore. But they schedule the games before the year not knowing who is going to be good and what not. And everyone getting mad this year that the Packers vs Cowboys ended up being a good game and was on NFL seemed a little crazy for me. Because like I said its been happening for a couple years at least now. So just wondering what some of you guys think on the deal.

BTW - I can understand if they were a Packer or Cowboy fan in one of those respective markets that didn't in turn offer NFL network on the cable provider. As can I with any team market with games on NFL Network. We as Steeler fans come Thurs Dec 20th will need the NFL Network to see the Steelers play the Rams. But thats my take.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I have NFL Network. It's not the greatest thing in the world, it gets boring often. It's also very stupid that we have to pay for it and all of that. The only reason I have it is because it's dirt cheap here!

Yeah thats what people say. That it is in the upper tier packages. But where I am at and most my friends and when we had it we had satelitte. And its on the basic package there. I think its a big speil for nothing more then not seeing a game. And I agree the programming on the NFL Network gets repetitive and boring. If anything, they should have more games on NFL Network lol.

Red face NFL Network and other CR-P

For $1.99 Comcast gave me six months of NFL Network and other nonsense sports networks that I never would think of using. It's a shame that the NFL that makes billions from FOX, CBS,NBC and ESPN has to dig deeper into the pockets of fans! What's worse, the NHL is following suit, and NHL TV is not offered anywhere. I subscribed to CenterIce and on 11/29, NHL TV removed the Penguin game to cyber space. What a Rip-Off

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Where I live, we don't have cable so I got Directv. I like it, yeah it gets boring but so does ESPN, showing the same show hour after hour. What I like most is, they show replays of games without commercials, timeouts and all the other time killers.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Where I live, we don't have cable so I got Directv. I like it, yeah it gets boring but so does ESPN, showing the same show hour after hour. What I like most is, they show replays of games without commercials, timeouts and all the other time killers.
    Same here, dude. I got the NFL ticket pkg also, did that since in my area we end up with Eagles, Skins, or Ratbird games on all day.I never miss a game. any. NFL network is behind on the times as far as talent in the booths, you woul;d think that the network bearing the marquee name would have the best coverage. I am glad they finally went to HD, quality sucked big before that.God Bless HD
    God bless direct tv and my gazillion channels, with my sports pack I get like 12 Fox sports Nets, Masn, 8 Comcast sports nets, and dozens of others. Whether it is Div III, II, IAA, football, hockey, darts, I get it.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Addicted
    NFL Network is alright during the season. I actually prefer it during the off season. They have shows on like America's Game, Super Bowls, Greatest of, and others like that.

I love the NFL network,,,,,,,,,I'm such a football nut,I even watch alot of replays
    Watching Americas game right now " Steelers '79'' and I have it on DVD
    Like prosdo said,it's great in the off-season,also Sirius keeps me up to date with all the happenings in the greatest sport known to man
    Ooooooooops and Woman

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murtuc View Post
    For $1.99 Comcast gave me six months of NFL Network and other nonsense sports networks that I never would think of using. It's a shame that the NFL that makes billions from FOX, CBS,NBC and ESPN has to dig deeper into the pockets of fans! What's worse, the NHL is following suit, and NHL TV is not offered anywhere. I subscribed to CenterIce and on 11/29, NHL TV removed the Penguin game to cyber space. What a Rip-Off
    YOU DO NOT NEED A CABLE PROVIDER TO ACCESS THE NFL NETWORK . T1 LINE AND A INTERNET CONNECTION. IS ALL IT TAKES. SAME WAY I GET TO SEE THE STEEELERS GAMES WHEN THERE NOT TELEVISED IN PHILLY.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Where we are, NFL network is provided in all the Directv packages, so I had it even before I upgraded to the middle level package.

We're fortunate enough to live close to Pittsburgh--we see all the Steelers games on local channels, so I don't need NFLN for that.

I'd die without access to football stuff year round however...I'd say that NFLN is on a minimum of 2 hours a day--sometimes much more lol I even listen to it when I'm on the computer...

Thread Information