Thread: No new coach at Pitt????

Waterboy
    I am from Pittsburgh, but I now live in San Antonio TX

No new coach at Pitt????

I am not sure how I feel about Pitt giving Dave Wannstedt an extension. He now has five years on his contract. We also have a new AD (Steve Pederson). So my question is this....Was Wannstedt's 15-19 record in three seasons all his fault or did the old AD have a hand in it as well? Does anyone think that Wannstedt will turn it around? Should we have gone out and picked up a new coach along with a new AD? Maybe I just expected a lot more out of Wannstedt a lot quicker.....

Dave:
    A.K.A. DA Man Da Myth Da Legend

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    seahawks-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFsteelerfan View Post
    I am not sure how I feel about Pitt giving Dave Wannstedt an extension. He now has five years on his contract. We also have a new AD (Steve Pederson). So my question is this....Was Wannstedt's 15-19 record in three seasons all his fault or did the old AD have a hand in it as well? Does anyone think that Wannstedt will turn it around? Should we have gone out and picked up a new coach along with a new AD? Maybe I just expected a lot more out of Wannstedt a lot quicker.....
    Wait are you saying that PITT gave Wannstedt an extension? I dope not. I think PITT should search for a new coach.

Waterboy
    I am from Pittsburgh, but I now live in San Antonio TX
    It appears Pittsburgh is not ready to give up on head coach Dave Wannstedt.

Despite three straight losing seasons under his direction, the Panthers are poised to give Wannstedt a three-year extension that takes him through 2012, a person familiar with the deal told ESPN's Joe Schad on Friday.

The deal leaves Wannstedt with five years left on his contract and provides a slight raise over his current $1 million a year salary, a source told Schad.

Pitt is expected to make a formal announcement at Saturday's 100th Backyard Brawl at No. 2 West Virginia.

At his introduction as the Panthers new athletic director on Friday, Steve Pederson gave Wannstedt his vote of confidence.

"Absolutely, I'm a supporter of Dave Wannstedt, and I'm going to do everything I can for him to be successful," said Pederson, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "He's our football coach and I want him to be our football coach.

"I'm not in a position to talk about [a contract extension] right now. But I think we will be in the very short term."

Wannstedt is 15-19 overall in three seasons with the Panthers. Pitt is 4-7 overall and 2-4 in the Big East this season.

This straight out of ESPN.com

Dave:
    A.K.A. DA Man Da Myth Da Legend

SA's Official God steelcurtain09's Avatar
    they were reporting yesterday that the gave Wannstedt an extension to 2010.
    im all for it. hes a Pitt grad and he creates an even stronger pull from western PA. before Wannstedt Penn State, WVU and all the other powerhouses were stealin everybody from western PA. now tht hes here he has gotten those top recruits to come.
    it should finally be evident next year cuz it will finally be his own recruits that r playin.

Thread Information