Thread: NFL Network (NFLN) Broadcasting Games

Bookmark and Share

NFL Network (NFLN) Broadcasting Games

I wanted to see how everyone else felt about the NFL broadcasting games this year on Thursday nights... I know the Steelers Browns will play on one of these games, how does that make you feel if you don't have the NFLN?

Me personally, I feel like the NFL is starting to become "Gold Diggers"! First there was the exclusive rights deal with EA Sports. Then all in one year Monday night football goes to ESPN, which if you don't have cable you're SOL and then the NFL starts broadcasting games on their own network! Is it going to come down to where all the crap games like the Raiders vs Houston will be aired on network TV then the big games will be available only on Pay-Per-View for 39.99?

I don't have NFLN and I don't plan on getting it becuase it's in a special "Sports Package" that costs money, but first I need to upgrade to digital cable first which costs even more money! Plus there was another thread posted about a cable provider dropping NFLN...

So how do all feel about this? Does it bother anyone else besides me?

House of Steel
    Me neither. This sucks too. Thank God I am going to the game in Cleveland. That will be televised on CBS too.

I hate the NFLN anymore.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well I have DirecTV and the NFL network is included with my base package. But I can say that I don't like it when one company (satellite) can have something another (cable) can't, like NFL Sunday ticket. If one can have it they all should be able too.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    It sucks anyway you look at it. Game on Thursday night then go to work on Friday. I would love to know who's bright idea it was to have games on Thursday. Outside of thanksgiving. At least with football on thanksgiving I can ignore the family easily.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

It doesn't really bother me too much...If the game wasn't on, I'd just head up to the sports bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    It sucks anyway you look at it. Game on Thursday night then go to work on Friday. I would love to know who's bright idea it was to have games on Thursday. Outside of thanksgiving. At least with football on thanksgiving I can ignore the family easily.
    I got two words for you "West Coast!" MNF games start at 5:30 right now ance once the time changes it like 6:30 I believe... That's one good thing about being out here... plus on Sundays 10 o'clock is my first game, right baout the time I roll out of bed

I'm not all for Satelite having packages that cable doesn't... like the NFL Sunday Ticket! I agree with SF on this subject... it's all about sqeezing as much money as they can out of our hard earned paychecks! While their at it, why doesn't the government just take it over and tax the crap out of it! At elast everybody would have the same thing then and be offered the same packages across the board

Thread Information