Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Injury update 11/28...**Updated 12/1

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Post Steelers Injury update 11/28...**Updated 12/1

Steelers Notebook: Polamalu, Holmes aiming to test legs
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Strong safety Troy Polamalu and split end Santonio Holmes will run today, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he is "cautiously optimistic" about their chances to play Sunday night against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Polamalu missed Monday night's game with a sprained knee and Holmes was out with a high ankle sprain.

Left tackle Marvel Smith, a late scratch Monday because his back flared up, is a "possibility" to play against the Bengals, Tomlin said.

Although Tomlin called his team "relatively healthy," there were other injuries resulting from a 3-0 victory Monday night against Miami.

Tackle Willie Colon and linebacker James Farrior developed slight swelling in their knees, although Tomlin does not believe it will prevent either from playing Sunday.

Fullback Dan Kreider has a hyperextended knee that will bear watching this week.
    Defensive end Aaron Smith also experienced discomfort in his previously sprained knee that should not keep him out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    For the Bungles:

Bengals | Houshmandzadeh misses practice Wednesday
    Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:40:12 -0800
    Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (back) did not participate in practice Wednesday, Nov. 28. He will start Week 13.
    Bengals | O'Neal misses practice Wednesday
    Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:37:50 -0800
    Updating a previous report, Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals CB Deltha O'Neal (knee) did not participate in practice Wednesday, Nov. 28. He is expected to play as a backup Week 13.
    Bengals | Anderson limited during practice Wednesday
    Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:37:31 -0800
    Updating a previous report, Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals OT Willie Anderson (knee) was limited during practice Wednesday, Nov. 28. His status for Week 13 is uncertain.
    Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 11-28-2007 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm A "Champion"

2nd String
    F*** EM ALL, I WANT NO EXCUSE TAPE THEM FAGS UP AN PUT THEM ON THE FIELD,I DON'T CARE WHO THEY PUT OUT THERE WERE GONNA KICK THERE AZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I hope Santonio is available this week but those high ankle sprains are tough and can linger if you try and come back too soon. Carter did well for us at safety but we know how much Troy loves to jack up the Bengal receivers and now that Chris Henry is back we'll need every available healthy DB out there to knock them around.

#43 & #10

Has anyone heard anything new about these two? Will they be playing etc.??

THANKS!

"Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    nothing new since this thread, they are still both up in the air last I heard.

http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10813

Thanks man!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed

Big Injury Updates For Steelers, Bengals

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/14732388/...urg&psp=sports

UPDATED: 9:47 pm EST November 29, 2007

The Steelers and Bengals are both dealing with key injuries going into Sunday Night's battle.

The Steelers found out Thursday that Dan Kreider is lost for the season.

Santonio Holmes and Troy Polamalu also did not practice.

For the Bengals, Chad Johnson was added to the injury list on Thursday and missed practice. The degree of his injury and his status for Sunday were unknown Thursday.

I've been sniffing around the web all morning and from what I see 43 & 10 will not play. Troy may suit up and give it a go in pregame, but 10 is most likely out until the pats game.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Update...

The decision to sign tight end Jon Dekker to the active roster to replace Kreider was an easy one: The Steelers needed a third tight end to replace injured Jerame Tuman and an emergency fullback if something happened to Carey Davis.

Dekker, an undrafted free agent from Princeton who has spent the past two seasons on the practice squad, fills the role on both counts.

More immediately, with Max Starks expected to start at left tackle for Smith, Dekker will be needed for some of the three-tight end packages -- a role the 6-foot-8, 345-pound Starks had filled since Tuman was injured.

"It was the next move for us," said offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. "He knows how we like to play football. I've seen him improve so much since he's been here."

Carter starting again

Tyrone Carter is expected to start his second game in a row at strong safety for injured Troy Polamalu (knee), even though Polamalu did some light work in practice for the first time this week.

Polamalu did not work with the first team and was limited to trotting around the field. He is one of three starters expected to miss a second game in a row. WR Santonio Holmes (ankle) won't play, and Polamalu and LT Marvel Smith (back) are listed as doubtful.

Carter had a team-high 12 tackles against the Dolphins (11 solo) and was singled out by coach Mike Tomlin as one of the players who "jumped out on tape."
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07335...?cmpid=HBEHTML

Waterboy
    I am from Pittsburgh, but I now live in San Antonio TX
    On espn news this morning they had Troy and Holmes listed as out for the game. My info my be off though considering I am in Iraq......
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Polamalu, Holmes, Smith likely won't play vs. Bengals

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh wide receiver Santonio Holmes will miss a second consecutive game because of a sprained ankle, and safety Troy Polamalu is also expected to sit out the Steelers' game Sunday night against Cincinnati.

Polamalu (sprained knee) didn't practice this week except for some light jogging Friday and is listed as doubtful. Holmes was ruled out Friday after not practicing all week.

Both starters were hurt during the Steelers' 19-16 overtime loss to the New York Jets on Nov. 18, and it was anticipated then both might sit out multiple games.

Neither Holmes nor Polamalu played Monday in the Steelers' last-minute 3-0 victory over the Miami Dolphins.

Also doubtful is left tackle Marvel Smith, who was unexpectedly forced to sit out Monday because of a sore back. Smith also did not practice this week.

The Steelers (8-3), who own a one-game lead over the Cleveland Browns (7-4) in the AFC North, are looking for a season sweep of the Bengals (4-7). They won in Cincinnati 24-13 on Oct. 28.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

I found this on ESPN.com today 0748 east coast time......
    Last edited by USAFsteelerfan; 12-01-2007 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dave:
    A.K.A. DA Man Da Myth Da Legend

Thread Information