Thread: Ugly win but the bottom line is the Steelers are still 8-3...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

Ugly win but the bottom line is the Steelers are still 8-3...

And in the end that is all that matters. It doesnt matter whether you win by 41 points or 1 point or like last night with a FG being the only score of the game it counts as a win and goes in the left hand column in the box scores. Yes, it would have been devistating if the Steelers somehow would have lost this game due to the horrific field conditions and everything else involved around it,and yes the Steelers still do have a lot of issues on this offensive line and they need to protect Ben a lot better seeing that he was sacked 5 more times again last night.

The bottom line though is this this game with the Bengals here Sunday, and the game the Browns have in Arizona are huge huge games. If the Cards do beat the Browns which by the way I think they are going too and I am gonna go on record right now as saying they will, and if the Steelers beat the Bengals that gets them to 9-3 and 9 wins and it would put the Browns at 7-5 and 5 losses. With that being said, if this does happen all the Steelers would have to do the rest of the way to win this division would be to win 1 out of the last 4 games they have against either the Pats,Jags,Rams,or Ravens,and have the Browns lose 1 out of their last 4 to either the Jets,Bills,Bengals,or 49ers. Because if the Steelers and Browns both finish at 10-6 the Steelers win the tiebraker of course because they won both games against the Browns this season. I really feel that Arizona needs to win this game in Arizona on Sunday seeing that they came off a huge huge loss at home to the Niners. They need this game bad to stay in wildcard contention and division title contention and I think it will be close but Ill still say Zona wins. Now, the Steelers have GOT to play better on Sunday if they are going to beat Cincy here. This is no gimmie game by any means. The Bengals will be fired up and ready to go and if the Steelers come out and play like they have the last 2 weeks against the Jets and Miami they will lose this game for sure.

One more thing to keep in mind for this weekend, the Colts play the Jaguars in Indy on Sunday and if the Jags should beat the Colts and the Steelers beat the Bengals Sunday the Steelers all of a sudden jump back into that number 2 seed in the AFC and control their own destiny to get it for the last 4 games. Also, it would mean the Jags would be tied for first with the Colts at 9-3 and the Steelers remember host the Jags in 2 weeks here at Heinz Field and should the Jags overtake Indy and be in first place in the AFC South they would have a chance right there to overtake them and win the head to head tiebraker by beating them here at home. Just keep an eye on those 3 games I just mentioned this coming weekend the Steelers Bengals of course,the Browns and Cards,and the Colts and Jags all 3 will have a major major impact as to where and how the Steelers will finish and end up these last 4 weeks of the season. This is a huge huge week for the Steelers they MUST take care of business here Sunday night and beat the Bengals at Heinz Field.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 11-27-2007 at 07:34 PM.

2nd String
    yea troy i agree with u an 100%, i hope pittsburgh comes out ready 2 put it 2 the bungirls, we have an problem getting focused, we have 2 take every game left like it's an playoff game 4 us, the clowns an the cards will b an shoot out it will probably come down 2 who has the ball last,but if we take care of bizness,well have home field untill we have 2 go back 2 the cheaters 4 the afcc..................

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    If the Steelers come out this week and look anything remotely close to the Steelers of the past 3 weeks, prepare to watch them have their asses handed to them in a baggy.

Sorry I'm not the Dr. Koolaid of the site, but reality is what it is ....

You all are right... they definitely can't come out looking like they have the past 3 weeks. One thing for sure though you know they will be fired up and ready to play, especially since this is a division game.

The Cards Browns game really concerns me because the Cards have looked like crap recently. That was a hard loss for them last weekend hopefully they can bounce back and stop the Browns unexpected charge!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    You all are right... they definitely can't come out looking like they have the past 3 weeks. One thing for sure though you know they will be fired up and ready to play, especially since this is a division game.

The Cards Browns game really concerns me because the Cards have looked like crap recently. That was a hard loss for them last weekend hopefully they can bounce back and stop the Browns unexpected charge!
    I thought the cards looked pretty good last week, 9ers finally got their ground attack going again and a QB worth a ****.

I say the Cards beat the stains, Whiz knows what it takes to beat theam as he did when they played us this year...

All we need to do is worry about the task at hand and beat the hell out of the bungles. IMO it will be a very tough game and if our "O" plays like crap like they have the last few weeks it's over. HAve to score TD's not FG's.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post

I agree. I also feel that this game is going to come down to how well our offense plays in all aspects... giving Ben time, Ben not holding on to the ball too long, receivers catching the ball, and Willie getting some much needed yards. I don't really have any fears about our defense. I know that the Bungholes got Chris Henry back but we STILL have the number one defense in the league and the Bungholes defense is like swiss cheese. Let's just play our game and put these fools from that Ohio city away for good!

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    We don't need to worry about other teams if we get back to STEELER football and smash teams in the mouth and win the games we are suppose to WIN. These next 5 games will be the real test, with the team we have we should be sitting with 9 or 10 wins now, but since we had 3 let down games there is now no room for error....... can't depend on what the stains do or don't do, need to stay in control of our goal which is win Div then start the second season (playoffs)

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVA STEELERS View Post
    We don't need to worry about other teams if we get back to STEELER football and smash teams in the mouth and win the games we are suppose to WIN. These next 5 games will be the real test, with the team we have we should be sitting with 9 or 10 wins now, but since we had 3 let down games there is now no room for error....... can't depend on what the stains do or don't do, need to stay in control of our goal which is win Div then start the second season (playoffs)
    Well said ! Relying on other teams for help to get into the playoffs just sucks so we need to take care of business and stay ahead of Cleveland in the division to ensure ourselves of the best possible seed. If we can do that who knows the colts will or won't do so having a high seed is not out of the realm of possibility but it all starts with taking care of business now !

Thread Information