Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parker ready to turn it up a notch

Bookmark and Share
    yeah i wonder what itd be like if parker had a line like San Diego with or even an o-line coach like Russ Grim. Its hard to pound it up the middle with a line like ours who i think has more potential. just run like last year willie

Well we put a new turf in after the WPIAL Highschool championships... so no excuses for Willie... we have a kid here in Janette PA named Tarell Pryor who you will probley here of in the next few years in BIGTIME college football. He had no footing prblems on the old Heinz Field turf friday racking up close to 200 rushing yards... as a QB!!! Hopefully Willie is gtting a private work out w/ him today LOL. All Joking aside i would rather see wille look to bounce outside more often too. He may give up 3 or 4 4-5 yard losses a game but if he has 145 yards on 22 carries including +40 yrd runs id have to say its worth it!!!!

I hope he gets 180!!! C'mon Fast Willie we need you!! Your our stud, the "go to guy", make this a break out game! And light 'em up!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Addicted
    FWP needs to quit talkin and start doin. The OL especially needs to take a little more pride in their play and step it up.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Rookie Free Agent Woodson_DownUnder's Avatar

Unhappy re: Complacency killing us softly

What is concerning about this season is that the Steelers are getting ahead of themselves. We started off beautifully @ 3-0 then took it too easy against the joker Cardinals in week 4, rebounded STRONGLY in a SHUT OUT vs the Seahawks in week 5, screwed ourselves with stupid turnovers to the Broncos in week 7, bounced back against the Bungals in Week 8, flexed some redemption muscle against our arch divisional rival, Ravens, then allowed a headstart for the upstart Browns who are trying hard to compete and last week, took the Jets for granted.. (can't do that, kid)

Does anyone see a pattern emerging?? I do.. the KILLER INSTINCT!! it's GAWN!! Teams like the Pats are invigorated to perform with no mercy from the get-go. Last night's game against the Eagles probably was the first sign of easing up..

I expect a clinical performance on MNF. Have to take the Dolphins down early without letting go and JUST KEEP PUNISHING 'em.. Establishing KILLER INSTINCT is what it's all about.

Play hard or stay home..
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=705&dateline=12442565  10

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodson_DownUnder View Post
    Establishing KILLER INSTINCT is what it's all about.

Play hard or stay home..
    When we started the season, we were taking down lesser teams with authority, now its like we're trying to figure out who we are. Your right though, we definitely need to make a statement against the Phins. If we do that it also needs to carry over to the next game and the rest of the season, this showin up one week and taking the next week off crap ain't gonna do it.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

It's a little concerning hearing FWP is going to to go back to his old ways, especially at this point in the season. This means he'll be looking to break it to the outside when the middle is going to be open this time around. I think his problem is he is just thinking too much on the field. You can't think, you just have to react and go with it!

Hoping he triples last week's output......

Thanks to BB2W for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    FWP needs to quit talkin and start doin. The OL especially needs to take a little more pride in their play and step it up.
    Well put Deez !

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    It's a little concerning hearing FWP is going to to go back to his old ways, especially at this point in the season. This means he'll be looking to break it to the outside when the middle is going to be open this time around. I think his problem is he is just thinking too much on the field. You can't think, you just have to react and go with it!
    This is critical !! Maybe because of the new offense, they are thinking too much. Just go out and beat the guy in front of ya and watch the results !! Go back to smash mouth football!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information