Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wasn't just the o-line on sunday

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

wasn't just the o-line on sunday

I was at the game,did anyone else notice it was a damn curtis martin tribute night? when was the last game any team lost when they had a tribute for some player or coach etc.? I tell ya that nba referee that got caught cheating must have made his way to the nfl cause there were 4 completely bogus calls that night that broke whatever little momentum we had.

We just layed an egg and played bad,,,,,,,,,,Happens to every team and it'll
    happen again !

I personally don't blame this game on the ref's,,,,,,,,,They came out and wanted it more then we did,,,,,,,,,

I'm done with this game and moving on to the fin's,,,,,,

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We get BS calls against us every week, I hate them too but that's what the NFL is today and we need to do a better job of putting ourselves in a position to not let those affect the outcome of the game.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-21-2007 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by downsince90 View Post
    I was at the game,did anyone else notice it was a damn curtis martin tribute night? when was the last game any team lost when they had a tribute for some player or coach etc.? I tell ya that nba referee that got caught cheating must have made his way to the nfl cause there were 4 completely bogus calls that night that broke whatever little momentum we had.
    First...

Second... I think the tribute had a little something to do with the Jets winning. Go back two/three weeks when the Steelers had their 75th Anniversary tribute on Monday night and look at what they did the Ravens. I had actually touched on this in another thread because there is definitely something about tributes!

Waterboy

Exclamation

I agree with Blitzburghnation, need to let this tough lose go and move on. It was one game and we need to focus on what's ahead... "The Patriots".

I think this lose will help the team and coaches focus on the rest of the season.

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    The game against the cards was pumped up with the former coaches hype that had the cards fired up then when we played the MNF game against the broncos it was a tribute to (Darrett Williams) R.I.P. that had them pumped up then the jets with c-mart I hear the rams are going to have Marshall Faulk night Dec 20th and the ratbirds are going to have tribute for their Super Bowl XXXV team thats my

Tailgate Coordinator
    The tribute had nothing to do with it. And bogus calls or not. This loss was a team thing. We blew chunks everywhere.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Angry
    Yeah! Taking out Casey Hampton on a few plays especially on a 3rd and 1 that Thomas Jones converts for a first down late in the game is another stroke of genius.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Sorry, anyone trying to give our pathetic OL a "free pass" I'm calling bullshit. This group is bad ....real bad. Most of us saw it early in pre-season and called it out then. If it continues, our season will end much earlier than most had planned on.

2nd String
    HONESTLY WE NEED AN NEW FRONT LINE AN SPECIAL TEAMS COACH WE HAVE 2 WORTHLESS BUMS AN THEY SHOULD GIVE THE ROONEYS BACK THERE MONEY BECAUSE THEY R ROBBING THE ROONEYS,ALSO THAT JOKE 4 AN O-LINE COACH SHOULD DO THE SAME, OUR O-COORDINATOR SHOULD GET THE BOOT ALSO WE HAD ENOUGH OF RUN RUN PASS,4 THE LAST 15 YEARS WE WANT 2 GET 1ST DOWN AN PUT TEAMS AWAY N THE 4TH QUARTER.................

Thread Information