Thread: Porter prepares for homecoming

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed

Porter prepares for homecoming

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...30519/-1/RSS06

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

When linebacker Joey Porter played for Pittsburgh, his teammates say he welcomed them to his home for holiday dinners, provided a spark in the locker room and was a friend to anyone on the Steelers' roster.

Of course, that history likely won't completely silence Porter's famous mouth Monday night, when his winless Miami Dolphins visit his former team.

"It's Joey Porter," Dolphins defensive tackle Vonnie Holliday said. "I'm sure he'll be fired up and have a lot to say."

His former teammates agreed, saying they were prepared for Porter's fiery trash talk.

"There's going to be some trash talking. I don't know if Joey's got that much firepower, them being 0-10," Steelers' linebacker Larry Foote said.

However Porter disagreed, saying he doesn't plan to run his mouth as much as usual -- but not because of his friendships with former teammates.

"You can't talk mess now. They'll just say, 'Look at the score.' That's kind of how it's been," Porter said. "But at the same time, we're getting better. We're starting to jell together and play together as a team."

Porter -- a three-time Pro Bowl linebacker and one of the NFL's most outspoken players -- received a guaranteed $20 million in March to sign with Miami. He spent his first eight seasons with the Steelers.

The Dolphins are still searching for their first win under first-year coach Cam Cameron.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That first win better not come this weekend

It's just not the same seeing Porter in Teal with a dolphin on his helmet..LOL

My Mood
    Addicted
    I bet Joey is booting himself in the *** for leaving. Granted he got a nice pay day, but who wants to be 0-10. He really can't talk too much **** with the way things are going for Miami.

I feel bad for Joey. You can tell he misses being a Steeler, and wishes he was still wearing black and gold. Here he was a leader, loved by his teammates, and feared by his opponents. There, he just doesn't seem to fit in. His emotional style of football doesn't seem to fit on a team that has no emotion, and the fans don't like him. And I'm sure all the losing is killing him. If he could come back to Pittsburgh, I'm sure he'd do it in a second, even if it meant a pay cut.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

I just hope they are telling him "Man just look at the score..." if they have to tell him that, then they are winning !!! If he has something to talk about then that's the bad news...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That first win better not come this weekend

It's just not the same seeing Porter in Teal with a dolphin on his helmet..LOL

2nd String
    man if we lose monday i hope we lose out i'd rather get the hjelp we need 4 next year than 2 keep winning an get out azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz handed 2 us n the playoffs.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Porter is one of my favorite Steelers players but this weekend I hope he gets completely man handled and doesn't even get within sniffing distance of Ben.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Porter is one of my favorite Steelers players but this weekend I hope he gets completely man handled and doesn't even get within sniffing distance of Ben.
    I couldn't agree more.

My Mood
    Smokin

we better be ready for him!!!! I wish we didnt have to wait for Monday night for this game!!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

Thread Information