Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Game?

Bookmark and Share

Running Game?

Ok Our Running game has changed. I really apreciate the attempts at running the ball but we just cant get it done epecially vs. the Broncos and Jets. Like we had some great running games but WTF we can only get 50 yards against the Jets. and how come most of our runs are like statue of liberty plays and stuff. POUND THE BALL and Wilie Parker seems to loose his footing every other play and when he doesnt he runs into a group of defenders. It might Be our o-lines fault but we need to start running the ball and running good like all the other years maybe im just over-reacting because we only ran 50 yards against the Jets but thats just not good at all. AND FIRE THE O-LINE and SPECIAL TEAMS COACH and draft some O-LINEMEN THEY'RE SUCKING THIS YEAR.

I think if the Steelers used the pass to open up the run they would be a little more successful. Right now the run first pass second seems like the play calling from last year which sucked! Pass then run and I think we would see dramatic results.

yea if the steelers can pass in a game they it will open up the running game thats the way it always works

My Mood
    Smokin
    yeah I agree we need to see more passing...the running just is not working....

Thanks for the sig Flea

2nd String
    THIS IS WHAT I THINK IF BIG BEN IS OUR FRANCHISE QB THEN PUT THE GAME N HIS HANDS, SO FAR HE HAS BEEN OK THIS YEAR, HIS NUMBERS R UPFROM LAST YEAR, BUT THIS IS WHAT FRANCHISE Q.B'S DO, I HATE 2 SAY THIS BUT LOOK AT THE CHEATERS,IF THE RUN GAME ISN'T WORKING THEY SPREAD IT OUT BECAUSE THEY TRUST THERE FRANCJISE Q.B,THEY PUT THE GAME N HIS HANDS, THAT'S WHAT WE NEED 2 DO!!!!!! WITH BEN NOWIT'S HIS 4TH YEAR PUT THE GAME N OUR FRANCHISE QB HAND,AN GUESS WHAT IT WILL OPEN UP THE RUN.................................
    Last edited by black an gold 4 life; 11-22-2007 at 09:14 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Overall we are throwing a lot more than in previous years and we are doing more passing on first down which is good. Ben's stats show that we area pass to set up the run, the only problem is that you have to be able to run when you need to and for some reason we just cannot do it consistently. With the game on the line our 5 OL and the TE need to be able to just line up and run out the clock or when it's 3rd and 2 in the 4th quarter in a tight game we need to be able to run and more often than not teams are stopping us. I think we pass just fine but when we do need to run we just can't do it.

Waterboy
    What we need is some one else calling the plays. It's almost always run W.P. in the middle on first down. Run Parker in the middle on second down. Now we are in third and six or seven and we try to pass.
    Believe it or not defensive cordinators can catch onto the play calling sequence. And then they can defend accordingly.
    What we need to do is to start Davenport. He's a big back and will get the defense tired tackling him. And then bring in Parker as the change of pace back.
    Also Parker isn't all that powerful of a runner. So defenses are stoping him with their front seven. He can't force defenses into adjusting and bringing more players closer to the line of scrimage.
    Last edited by Greygrizzly; 11-22-2007 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    THIS IS WHAT I THINK IF BIG BEN IS OUR FRANCHISE QB THEN PUT THE GAME N HIS HANDS, SO FAR HE HAS BEEN OK THIS YEAR, HIS NUMBERS R UPFROM LAST YEAR, BUT THIS IS WHAT FRANCHISE Q.B'S DO, I HATE 2 SAY THIS BUT LOOK AT THE CHEATERS,IF THE RUN GAME ISN'T WORKING THEY SPREAD IT OUT BECAUSE THEY TRUST THERE FRANCJISE Q.B,THEY PUT THE GAME N HIS HANDS, THAT'S WHAT WE NEED 2 DO!!!!!! WITH BEN NOWIT'S HIS 4TH YEAR PUT THE GAME N OUR FRANCHISE QB HAND,AN GUESS WHAT IT WILL OPEN UP THE RUN.................................

My Mood
    Chatty
    WEll like I said in another thread Willie needs some Tiger Woods golf spikes to stay up and the Oline isn't making nice holes for him to run thru and then he's a small guy running into a big pack of guys every week!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'll keep sticking to my original take on Parker........

He is a nice RB, like him on my team. But! Don't like him as the guy carrying the load. Never thought he could do it and still don't. Sure he has his games that he gets a lot of yards. And when he doesn't people blame the Oline. Parker gets most of his yards off one or two big runs per game. You don't run out the clock with a back like that. That's just the truth and not hating on Parker.
    Either way the bottom line is you need a bigger back to get those tough short yards on a consistent basis. I really think Parker is better suited as a change of pace back (after a bigger back has worn down the D) and in third and long situations.

Thread Information