Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Polamalu, Holmes probably won't play Monday

Bookmark and Share

Steelers Polamalu, Holmes probably won't play Monday

Link to story...
    Strong safety Troy Polamalu is unlikely to play Monday night when the Steelers meet the winless Miami Dolphins in Heinz Field.

Coach Mike Tomlin today listed him as doubtful for Monday's game with a knee sprain. He also listed Santonio Holmes, their leading receiver, as doubtful with a high ankle sprain.

Tyrone Carter will step up and replace Polamalu. Tomlin said three players will be involved in replacing Holmes --- Cedrick Wilson, Nate Washington and Willie Reid.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Well now this may explain some of why Troy missed so many tackles on Sunday. But Holmes too???

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Oh Great so our leading big play guy is gone on offense and one of the best safety's in the league is gone on defense.... well this just sux ! I'd rather have both of them though miss this game if anything to hopefully be ready for the upcoming big games in December.

My Mood
    Addicted
    This just sucks!

Great, just great, anything else we can possibly do to lessen our chances against the 0-11 fish?
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    our defense was at it's best when troy was gone, so that might be a good thing, and **** holmes for having injury problems, we got 0 depth at that spot, hines better have a career day to make up for his loss
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They are going to roll double coverage to Hines side so this is a game where Heath can be huge for us and where Nate needs to show up big time.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Steelers dont need these 2 to beat the Dolphins and if they do then this team is going nowhere. Its bests that they rest them up and get them ready for the Cincy game and the next 2 games with the Pats and Jags. The last thing you want to do is make these guys injuries worse and not have them for this stretch run or worse the playoffs. Hines and Heath will have big games in Holmes place, and so will guys like Carter and Anthony Smith in Troy's absence.

We absolutely NEED Holmes to be healthy for that Dec. 9th game against NE if we are to have ANY chance of winning that game. And if we don't, I'll be so pissed at how lucky NE has been. Chargers? No Chris Chambers. Cowboys? No Terry Glenn. Colts? No Marvin Harrison. Steelers? No Santonio Holmes. Every "good" team they've played has played them without having all their weapons, so all the Pats have had to do is take away 2 guys and they can stop each offense.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    We absolutely NEED Holmes to be healthy for that Dec. 9th game against NE if we are to have ANY chance of winning that game. And if we don't, I'll be so pissed at how lucky NE has been. Chargers? No Chris Chambers. Cowboys? No Terry Glenn. Colts? No Marvin Harrison. Steelers? No Santonio Holmes. Every "good" team they've played has played them without having all their weapons, so all the Pats have had to do is take away 2 guys and they can stop each offense.
    lol a mentioning terry glenn, he's a bum, they still had t.o. who is 8375928475947 times better then glenn, and on the level of all those wrs you mentioned if not better..... pats ain't lucky they are just better then everyone else in the league regardless of who the other teams have or don't have

i wanted holmes to get over 1000 yards receiving but now that won't happen...... why do the injuries have to be to star players on our team, why can't they happen to bum olinemen, i think i rather have practice squad players playing, mainly cause they are cheaper and can't do any worse then what the million dollar guys are doing
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information