Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians not the problem

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    My problem was in the Jets game it seemed like Run, Run, Pass.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo View Post
    My problem was in the Jets game it seemed like Run, Run, Pass.

If you go back two or three games you will see the same thing. The differance is that the Jets took advantage of what they saw.

2nd String
    ARIANS IS DEFINETLY THE PROBLEM WERE 2 PREDICTABLE,RUN ,RUN PASS IS THE BILL COWARD ERA, I THOUGHT WE HAD AN NEW HEAD COACH? WERE DOING THE SAME THING N THE RED ZONE THAT WE'VE DONE SINCE COWARD WAS HERE WE R DOING THE SAME THING WHEN WE GET AN LEAD, WE REALLY NEED AN OFFENSE LIKE THE CLOWNS I HATE 2 SAY THAT BUT IT'S TRUE ARIANS SUCKS!!!!!!

My only hope is that Tomlin and Arians have something up their sleeve for the postseason (highly unlikely) Maybe they have the 4 wide, the hurry up "o", and three tight end stuff we heard about all summer just waiting in the wings. I mean it kinda makes sense... if mike and bruce woulda came in and employed a pass first style O and we had a 6-10 record like we did when "tommy-gun" took over, the Tomlin era woulda been in jeopardy already!!! If you look at what has made our teams succcessful in the last 4 seasons, this years team isnt much different!!! I really hope/think Mike and Bruce are trying to instill that sense of toughness in our O that Pittsburgh is used to... with a strong foundation and a solid running game the sky is the limit for this offense. If we come out and pass pass, punt/int/ sack fumble... are we really that much better off!?!? I agree the play calling has be assinine since the bye, not just the run,run,pass,punt stuff but the fact that we never seem to run short passing patterns that arent some sort of F*CKED up screen!!!! I wanna see more pro-form with kreider to start and mix in Davis when you wanna pass. Our oline is not lacking in talent and i expect good things from them in the near future(please god)!!!! the fact is we are 7-3 with a good chance of going to NE at 9-3. 12-4 is still the least i would take before calling this season a failure!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If you look at our stats in the red zone we're converting at a better ratio than we have in years, nearly every time we get in there we're scoring. We do have some issues of bogging down in the redzone the last 2 games that's for sure but for the season we're doing much better.

We need to get back to using Spaeth and Heath both in the redzone more because will begin keying on the obvious weapons so we need to keep them on their toes.

I also agree that Arains is a problem but not the whole problem. he is only a coach, the players must still preform, and they haven't been. I doubt we will be seeing the 4 wide that was the talk of training camp, especially now that Holmes its out, we are just to shallow at WR now. I don't see why the hurry up shouldn't be utilized more, they could trap the defense they want on the field tire them out then exploit them !! It is amazing all the talk of training camp was the "new" offense , but it looks pretty much the same to me.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    I've been a critic of Arians offense since Week 1.
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...t=9223&page=30

Sure Ben is having a very good season and the team is 7-3 but let's face it these guys have beaten only two teams with winning records which is Seattle(6-4) and Cleveland(6-4).....not the stiffest of competition.

Arians offense is fairly predictable and has shown that when challenged by a charging-pressure defense it folds like a house of cards.

I'm not blind to the fact that there have been other issues on the team that have contributed to the losses but Arians and his play calling at times have stuck out like a sore thumb.

I think Ambridge summed it up quite nicely. Ben Roth is having a good year in spite of Bruce Arians, not because of him. Arians has been predictable and unimaginative in every job he's ever had .... that's his knock.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    I think Ambridge summed it up quite nicely. Ben Roth is having a good year in spite of Bruce Arians,
    He is showing what a great athlete he is!! Imagine what he could do with some imagination in the play calling....

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    He is showing what a great athlete he is!! Imagine what he could do with some imagination in the play calling....
    Imagine what he could do if he actually had an offensive line !

Draft Pick portcityblackandgold's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I sure hope we will see more imaginative play calling. I hope theres a strategy involving not revealing too much of the playbook too early. In Arians defense the Jets were coming off a bye week so their preparation and game planning was focused. All four teams that played out of the bye week won.

Anutha fine masterpiece by the picasso of sigs K-Train

Thread Information