Thread: This Steelers team flat out sucks on the road this year...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

This Steelers team flat out sucks on the road this year...

Its no longer a coincidence that the Steelers have now lost 3 games on the road outside of the division so far this year to Zona,Denver,and the Jets something is seriously wrong with this team when it plays on the road. Whether its a different mindset going on the road in comparison to playing at home, or whether its a lack of focus on whatever something is just not right it seems under Tomlin so far this season when this team plays on the road and its getting very tiresome and frustrating to see now 3 times this season. Thank goodness the Steelers do play their next 2 at home before the Pats game and 3 of their next 4 at home till the Rams game on December 20th because I seriously dont know if this team is capable of beating anybody on the road the way they have just come out flat and sluggish in particular these last 2 road losses in Denver and in New York.

Its just flat out inexcusable to lose to a team like the Jets who are 1-8 if your a team like the Steelers. I dont want to hear things like Hines Ward saying its tough to prepare for teams that are 1-8 over the good teams thats a bunch of bullshit. This team under Tomlin guidance and whatever else has just failed miserably to prepare when it goes on the road so far this season and it scares the hell out of me because the Steelers have 3 road games left in New England,St Louis,and Baltimore and the way they have played so far this season on the road they can lose every single one of them if this **** continues.

So the bottom line is here the Steelers had better win these next 2 games at home against Miami and the Bengals and get to 9-3 because they are pretty much guaranteed to lose right now in New England which gets them to 4 losses, and if you lay an egg in one of these next 2 games at home thats 5 losses, with tough games left at home versus the Jags and 2 on the road where this teams sucks in St Louis and Baltimore. The Browns have a very winnable schedule the rest of the way so this Steelers team had better fix these road issues and fix them fast or they are going to find themselves in 2nd place and fighting for a wildcard spot the last few weeks of the season. Ill go on record saying right now if the Steelers would dare lose one of these next 2 weeks at home to the Bengals or Miami then they have a very good shot of going into a total collapse mode and missing the playoffs I feel. I still think this Steelers team is solid and good and will win this division but they had better correct these Special Teams problems,the O line issues,start Dan Kreider, and start stepping their play up on the road. Because if they dont start doing all of these things they are going to find it very tough come December as I mentioned to make the playoffs let alone with this division.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Clowns are right on our heels now even if we do own the tie breaker against them. Right now the Rats and Bungals are out of it so Cleveland is the only team we have to worry about so we better take care of business these next 2 weeks because at this point the Dolphin game scares me because they have ZERO to lose just like the Jets so they could easily come into Heinz and make it a game.

Willie Parker is NOT a back that can run without a good FB and be effective and Davis is not a good FB, he's ok catching the ball but so is Kreider. Danny knows the offense and blocks well for willie. When you take out players like Kreider you lose toughness and right now we've lost our toughness. You have to be tough to play on the road and our running game scares nobody and that's a big factor to playing on the road is being able to run.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I still think it would take a total collapse by the Steelers to not win this division, and having the tiebraker in hand really really helps the Steelers because its really like a 2 game lead now instead of a one game lead because even if your tied with them your up a game because you still own the head to head over the Browns. Thats why I think if the Steelers would win these next 2 games over the Dolphins and Bengals here it gets them to 9 wins and at 9-3 and Im going to assume the Browns lose at least one of the next 2 games either to Houston or at Arizona both of those teams are 5-5 and fighting for their playoff lives right now and playing well so Cleveland by no means is going to have an easy time with either one of those teams the next 2 weeks. If Cleveland loses to either Houston or Arizona that would put them at 5 losses, combined if the Steelers win the next 2 games against Miami and Cincy it puts them at 9 wins and at 9-3. That means all the Steelers would have to do to lock the division down the rest of the way is win 1 of the last 4 games and have the Browns lose one of there last 4 to either on the road at the Jets,Bills at home,at Cincy at home to the 49ers to finish up.

If the Steelers get to 10 wins and the Browns lose 2 more games the rest of the way which they probably still should do then the Steelers have this division won. Its why I mentioned its VERY VERY crucial the Steelers win these next 2 games at home before the Pats game and get to 9-3 because chances are the Browns will lose to either Houston or at Arizona which will put them at 5 losses. Then all you need to do the rest of the way as I mentioned to win the division is win 1 of your last 4 and have the Browns lose 1 out of 4 which would put you at 10-6 and at the very worst have the same record with the Browns as well if they lose two more games. So the bottom line is the Steelers are still in good shape to win this division as long as they can take care of business the next 2 weeks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree with you also TG its time for the Carey Davis experiment at FB to end and its time to get Kreider back in there the rest of the way to help this run game and this offensive line. If Tomlin cant see that he needs to make this move right now and does not do it immediately then its going to continue to bite this team in the *** these last 6 games especially when they have to go on the road again where they have been horrific. Get Kreider in there ASAP Tomlin and stop using Davis period.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 11-19-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    So the bottom line is the Steelers are still in good shape to win this division as long as they can take care of business the next 2 weeks.
    You know what the worse part about this is, we could be up by as many as 3 games in the division right now had we taken care of business earlier against the Broncos and yesterday against the Jets. We have let 3 chances to go up in the division with a stranglehold, slip through our grasp and if we don't take Miami and Cincy seriously we'll be in BIG trouble. If it wasn't for the collapse of the Bengals and Ratbirds this division would be up for more grabs then it is now but thankfully we took care of Cleveland. Now getting to the playoffs is one thing but we can do once / if we get there is another story. If we don't start playing better consistently we'll see a quick exit from the postseason.

We're going to have to go on the road in the postseason for atleast 1 game so we better straighten the hell up and play right on the road!

My Mood
    Clowns
    Your right on all areas TG but like I always do on here Im going to continue to try to focus on the positives right now after a loss. The positives are the Steelers are still at 7-3 and in first place in the division and control their own destiny as far as winning the division goes the rest of the way. The other good thing is if were not going to get that number 2 seed over Indy were still in pretty good shape to get that number 3 seed right now being 2 games up on the leader of the AFC West division San Diego who is at 5-5. The 2 seed is still possible with all the Colts injuries and stuff but right now its not looking real promising will just have to wait and see how things unfold there. Its important to get the 3 seed because it means you get to play the 6 seed in the wildcard game and that most likely wont be the Jags who just give the Steelers fits no matter when they play them. It would be someone like Tennessee,Cleveland,Buffalo,Denver,Houston and the Steelers match up MUCH better against any one of those 5 teams then they would the Jags. Also, by getting that number 3 seed it means if you win your wildcard game you play the 2 seed which would be Indy and avoid seeing the Pats till at least the AFC Championship game. The bottom line is though as Ive mentioned though the Steelers MUST win these next 2 and get to 9-3 going into New England. If they do then they should be in great shape to win the division and at the very worst lock down the 3 seed and still have an outside shot at the 2 depending on what Indy does the rest of the way. If they dont win both of the next 2 its going to be a struggle not only to win this division but get a wildcard spot in the AFC. The next 2 games here at home with Miami and Cincy are absolutely positively MUST WIN GAMES.

2nd String
    I HATE 2 SAY THIS BUT THE CLOWNS HAVE AN EASYIER SCHEDULE THAN WE DO, IF WE DON'T TAKE CARE OF BIZNESS, RIGHT NOW WERE LOOKING AT 11-5 AN MAYB THE CLOWNS GOING 12-4, MAN I WOULD HAVE 2 LEAVE OHIO IF THAT HAPPENS,WHEN PITTBURGH LOSE UP HERE IT'S JUST LIKE AN CLOWNS WIN,WERE 7-3 BUT THAT LEAVE LITTLE ROOM 4 US 2 LOSE AGAIN, JUST IMAGINE WHAT THE CHEATERS WILL DO 2 OUR D WITH MOSS,BILL BELIDICK LOVES 2 COPY WHAT OTHER TEAMS DO I'M SURE HE'S LOOKING AT THE JETS GAME AGAINST US AS WE SPEAK, AN WE DO SUCK A** ON THE ROAD WHAT'S THE DEAL?PLUS WE GAVE UP AN 100 YRDS 2 AN BACK WHO HASN'T BEEN HEALTHY ALL YEAR,HELL HE DIDN'T EVEN GET AN RUSHING TD ALL YEAR AN WE GAVE UP AN 100 YARDS 2 THIS BUM? WHEN WE PLAYED AGAINST HIM WHEN HE WAS WITH CHICAGO HE DIDN'T DO THIS W.T.F?

My Mood
    Clowns
    Cleveland does have an easier schedule then us no question but cmon now there not good enough to win out and finish 12-4 its just not going to happen. They had to get a bounce off the crossbar to beat a bad Ravens team with Kyle Boller at Quarterback after almost blowing another 13 point lead late in the game. The Browns will definitely lose at least 2 more games I feel and will definitely lose one of the next 2 weeks to either Houston or at Arizona the next 2 weeks. The Steelers still dont have a lock on the division yet by any means but as I said as long as they win these next 2 and get to 9-3 the Browns as I mentioned I think will slip one of the next 2 which will get them to 5 losses. Then, all the Steelers would have to do is win 1 of the last 4 games to finish up and have the Browns lose 1 of there last 4. Both would then at the very worst finish at 10-6 and the Steelers would get the division based on the tiebrakers. So Im not ready to panic just yet, but as I mentioned the Steelers had better win these next 2 games and get to 9-3 which they should do to make what I just said possible. If they lose one of the next 2 then I will start to panic and worry about the Browns, until then Im not. To sit there and think the Browns are going to win out and go 12-4 as you suggested is just not very realistic if you ask me. The Browns are improved and a lot better but there still not that good.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Agree on most accounts. It was wierd, the SB year we were great on the road, now, not so. Focus is the main thing, maybe we don't focus on the road. I to see Cleveland losing a couple before seasons end. It's funny to listen to the Clown fans at work, they are over looking Houston right now.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information