Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Confidence in Bruce Arians

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

Zero Confidence in Bruce Arians

Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Wow, I'm floored by your creative genius! Is this the same game planning that ran you out of Cleveland Bruce? WTF? How sheepish and chicken **** can this man get?

Roethlisberger is at his best in the shotgun with four wide. Give him the god damn chance to do it for the love of Christ! If he starts throwing more on early downs he has more options, thus will make more plays.

For some reason, Arians seems to hate the no-huddle. Coincidentally, he also seems to dislike the shotgun and refuses to bring his whole arsonal of receivers on the field like the Pats and Colts do. My question is why? Why are you so afraid to run the no-huddle spread?

Are you so committed to setting up the run that you're turning a blind eye to what's being given to you each game? As far as the running game is concerned, with an OL like this, it's not going to be good folks. And before some of you start telling me how great we are running the ball, I'll need to point out that much of our running yardage this year is "garbage" yardage. Meaning, it's been piled up in the tail-end of blow-out wins for the most part.

Ben Roth gives us our best chance at winning ball games period. I want our OL to block their *** off for him and I want this offense in Roethlisberger's hands throughout a game. I want him to have more chances to audible at the OLine.

How hard is this concept to understand Arians?
    Last edited by Iron City South; 11-19-2007 at 09:12 AM.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Couldn't have said it better myself. **** you Bruce.

3rd and 2, 3 minutes to go.. Pass..
    3rd and long in OT.. Draw
    3 seconds left in the 4th at mid field.. take a knee.

Good game planning and way to give you team the best chance to win. ****ing moron. Cleveland wont take him back..

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm so with you on this one. What the hell is his offensive plan? God forbid we mix it up. The offensive line is playing like crap and he keeps running Willie up the middle. I really don't like this guys running the offense.

My Mood
    Angry
    I'm also tired of seeing Willie running out of an empty backfield with no Full Back leading the way!!

Bruce Arians along with ST Coach Bob Ligashesky and O-line Coach Larry Zierlein need to be shown the door at the end of the season.

The reality of it is that Bruce Arians is probably safe for at least another year
    so we better get prepared for more of the same stupid game planning!!

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    His so called opening the play book must have only been 2 pages, cuz he definatly did not do anything yesterday......... did he leave the playbook at the airport and grab a copy of readers digest

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    I'm also tired of seeing Willie running out of an empty backfield with no Full Back leading the way!!

Bruce Arians along with ST Coach Bob Ligashesky and O-line Coach Larry Zierlein need to be shown the door at the end of the season.

One of the biggest travesties going on within our team right now, other than our OL is nothing more than "pedestrian", is the fact that one of the best blocking backs in the league IMO, Danny Kreider, is being kept on the sidelines and out of the game. There is nothing anybody can show me or tell me that can justify the reason this is happening.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    I agree the playcalling yesterday especially in the 2nd half played for FGS and not to lose. Too many draws on 3rd and long, and especially after the Deshea pick when the Steelers had a chance to get one first down to end the game pretty much they never took a chance and went for the Jets throat instead they called two run plays and Ben once again got sacked on 3rd down. Taking a knee at the end of the game with 8-9 seconds on 3rd down with 2 timeouts left I believe left is just flat out inexcusable. The Steelers were at their own 41 yard line if you get a 20-30 yard pass completion over the middle of the field there to Hines or Heath Miller quick you probably have 1 or 2 seconds left there to try a last second long FG of about 50 yards, and hell the way Jeff Reed has been kicking so far this year chances are good he makes it rather then misses it. Tomlin and Arians played not to lose late in that game yesterday, and you combine that with the defense letting the Jets march right down the field on them with 1 timeout left that is why the Steelers lost the game and their whole season now because of this loss is now up in the air.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree did you notice the long runs that Davenport and Parker both had yesterday that Dan Kreider was in on both of those runs. I agree with as bad as this offensive line is playing and needs as much run blocking and pass blocking as possible, its time to end the Carey Davis experiment starting and get Kreider's big *** back in there and playing virtually on every down. Its inexcusable for Kreider not to be in there when this running game and oline is struggling as much as it has been the past few weeks. Get effin Carey Davis out of the lineup and get him out of there NOW!!!
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 11-19-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i knew he was a bum from the start, just seeing his play calling in preseason, i knew he was gonna suck, of course playing **** *** teams this season has masked his inability to call plays..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Tomlin isn't going to can Bruce after this year, I'd bet money on it so yes we are going to have to live with this for awhile yet. Now the ST coaches yes both of them have to hit the road the minute this season is over because they are flat out terrible. I swear we can't have good ST for more than 1 year in a row.

Arians says he wants to pass to set up the run, well that's fine and Im all for that. If you're going to do it then just do it already. If you're in a tight game and the run game isn't working with Willie then for God sakes don't keep running him. Either use Najeh instead, use the no huddle to speed up the tempo of the game and slow down the pass rush or **** anything other than what we did which was basically just give up late in the 4th quarter once we got that lead.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    arians has actually passed to try to set it up, but he's getting so predictable, adn he does it at stupid *** times of the game, yeah the lack of an oline is making it worse, but he has thrown at stupid times of the game, and you can tell he was on cowhers staff last year, we got the three point lead and he just started running and punting............ and of course arians won't get fired, mainly cause of ben's stats, but the staff as a whole needs to get their **** together, cause our defense sucked *** too last night, they let bum *** clemens drive on them at will the last few drives
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information