Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Zero Confidence in Bruce Arians

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Arians biggest problem is that he's more stubborn than he is creative.

He has the opportunity to put his stamp on this team considering the offensive weapons we have to work with, but yet his playbook resembles a Pop Warner team.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Arians biggest problem is that he's more stubborn than he is creative.

He has the opportunity to put his stamp on this team considering the offensive weapons we have to work with, but yet his playbook resembles a Pop Warner team.
    Thank You! Thats why I brought your old thread back out! Because after one year, it still holds true today, how unfortunate!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    With all the weapons this team came into the season with I was expecting to see an offense like we've never seen before in Pittsburgh. The sky was the limit, we had all the tools to pretty much move the ball at will but yet as we sit here with a **** poor offensive ranking where else is there to cast the blame but to start at the top with this romper room offensive game plan we have every week.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    With all the weapons this team came into the season with I was expecting to see an offense like we've never seen before in Pittsburgh. The sky was the limit, we had all the tools to pretty much move the ball at will but yet as we sit here with a **** poor offensive ranking where else is there to cast the blame but to start at the top with this romper room offensive game plan we have every week.
    Weapons? I thought the same thing in preseason! Now I`m starting to rethink it! Do we have a legitmate No.1 receiver?? I don`t think so. We our a team of Ward, and a few No. 3 receivers. Holmes would be better in the slot. Miller will have to play a bigger role in the post season. He has great hands, use him even more.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Banned
    I dont usually get into coach criticism unless extreme. But the latest quotes from Arians has gotten my attention. The man is basically TELLING the world our gameplan in the playoffs! I sure hope this is a PLOY. He says we are coming out passing. UGH. Some excerpts.

“It’s different in Pittsburgh because people believe that if you run it 30 times, you win. Well, OK, let’s go kneel down three times and we’ll win,” Arians said Wednesday. “But while I’ve been here, we didn’t win any Super Bowls that way. I know how we won it, and No. 7 (Ben Roethlisberger) won it for us, offensively (in the 2005 season).”

The Steelers’ Super Bowl run three years ago was anything but that, Arians pointed out, remembering how no Steelers back gained 60 yards in their first three playoff games before Parker ran for 93 yards against Seattle, with 75 yards on a single play.

“I was in all those game plan meetings, and none of which was to run the ball, or we wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl,” said Arians, the wide receivers coach from 2004-06. “We were out to score points and get them as fast as we could and then see if we could run it. And we didn’t run it very good at Denver, and we didn’t run it very well in Indianapolis, but we threw it real good, and we scored a lot of points. When it’s all said and done, that’s still the game.”

Again, If he gets fired Ben is going off

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/arch...366211717.html

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalaid6 View Post
    I dont usually get into coach criticism unless extreme. But the latest quotes from Arians has gotten my attention. The man is basically TELLING the world our gameplan in the playoffs! I sure hope this is a PLOY. He says we are coming out passing. UGH. Some excerpts.

“It’s different in Pittsburgh because people believe that if you run it 30 times, you win. Well, OK, let’s go kneel down three times and we’ll win,” Arians said Wednesday. “But while I’ve been here, we didn’t win any Super Bowls that way. I know how we won it, and No. 7 (Ben Roethlisberger) won it for us, offensively (in the 2005 season).”

The Steelers’ Super Bowl run three years ago was anything but that, Arians pointed out, remembering how no Steelers back gained 60 yards in their first three playoff games before Parker ran for 93 yards against Seattle, with 75 yards on a single play.

“I was in all those game plan meetings, and none of which was to run the ball, or we wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl,” said Arians, the wide receivers coach from 2004-06. “We were out to score points and get them as fast as we could and then see if we could run it. And we didn’t run it very good at Denver, and we didn’t run it very well in Indianapolis, but we threw it real good, and we scored a lot of points. When it’s all said and done, that’s still the game.”

Again, If he gets fired Ben is going off

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/arch...366211717.html
    Ya that was stupid he needs to keep his f**king mouth shut.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

ummm... fire his *** now... right now... make dick lebeau the ultimate Coordinator... if lebeau can disguise and coordinate a one of kind defense... im pretty sure he knows the weakness in every defense on the planet..
    DEFENSE

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by popstaala View Post
    ummm... fire his *** now... right now... make dick lebeau the ultimate Coordinator... if lebeau can disguise and coordinate a one of kind defense... im pretty sure he knows the weakness in every defense on the planet..
    AMEN!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    now looking this over I really dont see anyone think that Arians should be kept around.....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This thread dates back to 2007, most of the recent posts were towards the end of the regular season when yes most of us were still wondering WTF was going to happen with this offense. They played better in the playoffs and in the super bowl so you have to give him credit for that like I mentioned before.

Remember this last year, our ST were horrific and this year they were great. Our offense in 2007 was good but we lost in the 1st round. Our offense in 2008 was not good as far as stats go but here we are World Champs... figure that one out I dare you..

Thread Information