Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Zero Confidence in Bruce Arians

Bookmark and Share
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    The guy blows pole, and I'm sure he will be given the boot at seasons end even after we win the SB. He makes life to hard on the players. The Off should be running a lot smoother then this. Downside is that these guys will have to learn a new system again, and that will come with more growing pains. The upside is that anything will be better then what we have....

Banned
    Run Run Pass was working in the 2nd half vs Browns. Blame the coach who doesnt fumble or turn the ball over. ITS THE STEELER NATION THEME SONG. Get used to Arians because BEN LOVES him and If Arians gets fired, Ben is going off!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't know how anyone can look at our offense and feel any type of confidence in Arian's play calling. There have been times when it's been great this year but way too many times it's been so bland and predictable that anybody with half a brain can figure out what we're going to do.

Before anybody starts in, this is not going to turn into a Ben thread, this one is about Arians.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I don't know how anyone can look at our offense and feel any type of confidence in Arian's play calling. There have been times when it's been great this year but way too many times it's been so bland and predictable that anybody with half a brain can figure out what we're going to do.

Before anybody starts in, this is not going to turn into a Ben thread, this one is about Arians.
    Too Late TG! He is trying again! I lack respect for people that can`t see that arians doesn`t have a clue. Nothing he can do about the talent that he has, it is what it is. But he could call plays that would benefit the players that he does have. A little more play action, little more no huddle, a little more shotgun!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Waterboy
    My biggest issue with him is that he does not seem to work with what he has got. BR as well as our OL have obvious shortcomings. It seems to me it is not about being predictable. I do not remember where I heard it but the idea was that you get good at what you do and it is up to the other team to try and stop it. I'm not saying that you do not have to keep them off balance but for our team it seems like we need to get better at the basics. It is ironic in that to a degree most of us are calling for a little bit of Cowher ball.

My Mood
    Addicted
    If they run the no huddle Bruce doesn't get to call the plays. It's a power trip thing with him.
    Last edited by steelers4life66; 12-30-2008 at 07:12 PM.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalaid6 View Post
    Run Run Pass was working in the 2nd half vs Browns. Blame the coach who doesnt fumble or turn the ball over. ITS THE STEELER NATION THEME SONG. Get used to Arians because BEN LOVES him and If Arians gets fired, Ben is going off!
    Do you dream about Ben when you sleep?...

I really do agree with all of you guys. Arians is a failure and shouldnt be allowed to ever see a football field again, ever.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggest Fan View Post
    My biggest issue with him is that he does not seem to work with what he has got. BR as well as our OL have obvious shortcomings. It seems to me it is not about being predictable. I do not remember where I heard it but the idea was that you get good at what you do and it is up to the other team to try and stop it. I'm not saying that you do not have to keep them off balance but for our team it seems like we need to get better at the basics. It is ironic in that to a degree most of us are calling for a little bit of Cowher ball.

If we knew what we were good at on offense and actually were able to stick to it I could definitely see your point. In theory that's what you want in an offense, you have your game plan and you execute it so that the other team is not able to stop you and if they do then you are able to adapt it by changing up your strategy at halftime. We used to be a team that was flawless at making adjustments at half time; now all we ever do is come out doing the same thing and wonder of all wonders we're in a dog fight with 5 minutes to go every week almost.

Ben Roethlisberger needs to make the offense his, plain and simple. Peyton Manning did. He shouldn't have to defer to Bruce Arians as often as he does. Manning has never been a yes-man, and Ben should stop being one.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

How do we know Ben isn't calling a lot of these plays? Ben loves Arians because he allows Ben more input and control. It's not Arians checking to run every damn single time there is an audible it is Ben. I think Ben is a great QB, but he played better in a system that forced him to do as he was told alittle more. Beyond all that Arians has to go, he has had a few years to prove he could make this Offense go and he hasn't, that means bye bye. Any one have any ideas what is the biggest differenc ebetween Ben's stat last year and this year? I don't know if it is injuries catching up to him this year or the tougher schedule.
    We're Raven Haters, Ring Takers Shame Makers
    Don't you mess with Steelers D

Thread Information