Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Confidence in Bruce Arians

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    If I have said it once I've said it all dang season, we need to run the darn ball because our O-line sucks at pass protection. We need to do nothing in next years draft but go offensive live. PERIOD. Then once that's done, get rid of Arians. If he was so damn good he'd be in Cleveland still.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    IMO, he's a has been, and is OK at best at his job.

Why in the F did they stop running #44? He was chewing them up pretty good, 3rd and 2 and we pass at the end, run the DAMN BALL!!

You're right. Parker should go back to being the change of pace back like he was when Bettis was here. And Davenport should be the starter.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    If I have said it once I've said it all dang season, we need to run the darn ball because our O-line sucks at pass protection. We need to do nothing in next years draft but go offensive live. PERIOD. Then once that's done, get rid of Arians. If he was so damn good he'd be in Cleveland still.

Of coarse the O line is going to suck when the defense already knows what the play call is going to be. There is no suprise factor. The D can just T off and run to stop the play.
    Last edited by Greygrizzly; 11-20-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Greygrizzly View Post
    Bruce Arians needs to be fired. Not at the end of the year but right now.
    We won't lose a thing by doing it right now either. Because Arians is the worst play caller in the NFL. If it were done now some one on staff may be able to make adjustments and save the season.
    While I'm at it running Willie Parker inside continually is nothing short of stupid. defenses aren't going to get tired tackling a smaller back like parker the way they used to get tired tackling Bettis. We should go back to what has worked. Use Davenport to tire out the defense and bring in Parker as the change of pace back.
    Lets see now what kind of head coach we have. I would like to see him do something to remedy the situation. Maybe even show a little emotion.

It's post like these that keep me away from Steeler forums after a loss. How in life can this statement even be remotely rational? It obvious you long for the days of Bill Cowher.
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    How do you propose running the ball when Parker doesn't have any holes to run in?
    Last edited by Friday133; 11-20-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Waterboy
    Originally Posted by Greygrizzly
    We won't lose a thing by doing it right now either. Because Arians is the worst play caller in the NFL. If it were done now some one on staff may be able to make adjustments and save the season.
    While I'm at it running Willie Parker inside continually is nothing short of stupid. defenses aren't going to get tired tackling a smaller back like parker the way they used to get tired tackling Bettis. We should go back to what has worked. Use Davenport to tire out the defense and bring in Parker as the change of pace back.
    Lets see now what kind of head coach we have. I would like to see him do something to remedy the situation. Maybe even show a little emotion.

It's post like these that keep me away from Steeler forums after a loss. How in life can this statement even be remotely rational? It obvious you long for the days of Bill Cowher.

Your statement is totally irrational. I never really liked Cowher at all. But he did have some good offensive cordinators. I could see a lose coming with the terrible offensive play calling.
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Originally Posted by MDSteel15

How do you propose running the ball when Parker doesn't have any holes to run in?

Don't you find it funny that in the same game behind the same offensive line that Davenport could find running room? Parker is fast and a good change of pace running back. But that is it. He just doesn't have the power to be a good inside runner.
    Last edited by Greygrizzly; 11-20-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Originally Posted by Greygrizzly

Your statement is totally irrational. I never really liked Cowher at all. But he did have some good offensive cordinators. I could see a lose coming with the terrible offensive play calling.
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Originally Posted by MDSteel15

Don't you find it funny that in the same game behind the same offensive line that Davenport could find running room? Parker is fast and a good change of pace running back. But that is it. He just doesn't have the power to be a good inside runner.
    So let me get this straight. You propose firing our offensive coordinator that has our offense putting up record numbers after a loss to the Jets? How do you think it would effect Ben? I bet it would have a negative result. I'm glad you're just a fan and not in charge of anything for the organization.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    So let me get this straight. You propose firing our offensive coordinator that has our offense putting up record numbers after a loss to the Jets? How do you think it would effect Ben? I bet it would have a negative result. I'm glad you're just a fan and not in charge of anything for the organization.

Ben would just have to adjust,thats the way things are in the NFL. Yea Ben has put up record numers but against an easy schedule.
    I also am glad that you don't have anything to do with running the team.
    beacuse you seem to be one of those status quo fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    [AutoMerged Post Below]

Stay away then know it all...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can vouge for Friday as far as not being a status quo fan, the dude is as calm on the boards as it gets and doesn't get torqued up too easily but he's a fan through and through.

As far as firing Arians, no way would you want to fire him mid season because that would be disastrous to the offense and Ben's development. If a change is to be made it needs to be done after the season is over. Honestly there's no reason to think that Tomlin will can Arians after this year because of the success the team has had and how much improved Ben is. Ken Anderson get a lot of that credit for Ben's development as well but all in all Arians most likely isn't going anywhere.

Um, what!?!? Ok we're getting a lil off track here... Parker for sure isnt the pound it inside runner that bettis is. Parker like Tomlinson (Not comparing so dont say i am) is a rhythm back in my eyes. Look at LTs year comparedt to parkers

2. Willie Parker- 212 cars. 23.6 cpg. 873 yards 4.1 ypc 97.0 ypg 2 tds
    7. L. Tomlinson- 176 cars 19.6 cpg. 733 yards 4.2 ypc 81.4 ypg 8 tds

I used LT becasue minus Adrian Peterson and Joseph Addai i think these are the top 2 backs in the league and they are having very similar seasons thus far!!! LT has said publically the reason his numbers are down is due to lack of carries. If you average in 4 more carries per game their stats would be identical. The reason neither one of these guys are having a better year is because SD is passing more and so are we. Neither team is finishing games with the run game!!! last year parker would get 12+carries in the end of the game and he would make the most of it. This year the majority of his yards come in the first half and he gets less and les as the game goes on!!! I dont blame Parker for having a subpar year, damn him for being the#2 rusher in the league!!!!!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Wow, I'm floored by your creative genius! Is this the same game planning that ran you out of Cleveland Bruce? WTF? How sheepish and chicken **** can this man get?

Roethlisberger is at his best in the shotgun with four wide. Give him the god damn chance to do it for the love of Christ! If he starts throwing more on early downs he has more options, thus will make more plays.

For some reason, Arians seems to hate the no-huddle. Coincidentally, he also seems to dislike the shotgun and refuses to bring his whole arsonal of receivers on the field like the Pats and Colts do. My question is why? Why are you so afraid to run the no-huddle spread?

Are you so committed to setting up the run that you're turning a blind eye to what's being given to you each game? As far as the running game is concerned, with an OL like this, it's not going to be good folks. And before some of you start telling me how great we are running the ball, I'll need to point out that much of our running yardage this year is "garbage" yardage. Meaning, it's been piled up in the tail-end of blow-out wins for the most part.

Ben Roth gives us our best chance at winning ball games period. I want our OL to block their *** off for him and I want this offense in Roethlisberger's hands throughout a game. I want him to have more chances to audible at the OLine.

How hard is this concept to understand Arians?
    This goes back over a year! I was just reading it again! It still remains true. This is Arians last chance in my book, I hope he sees what everybody else is seeing!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Thread Information