Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Confidence in Bruce Arians

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He has done a good job at times of passing to set up the run. Ben's passing stats are better than ever and he's gotten alot more comfortable not only in the pocket but also he's equally if not more dangerous outside of the pocket so Bruce has done a lot of good things for the offense this year but then there's times like yesterday, the broncos and Cards game when he just goes all to **** and we blow a game because we can't do a damn thing, we get complacent and the OL continues to be a big part of our demise.

I don't like being predictable and teams know at this point we can't run the ball effectively so it's getting increasingly difficult to throw with any consistency. Until we get our toughness back on offense teams will do what the Jets, cards, and Broncos did to us and it's only going to get worse till we prove we can overcome it.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    ben has done good in the pocket, it's to bad he only has about a second in the pocket before he has to run for his life

arians needs to have more plays that are meant for quick releases, it seems he wants to pick up the yards in giant chunks, 10 yard picks ups are just as effective and it keeps their d on the field and ours off of it
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Waterboy
    Bruce Arians needs to be fired. Not at the end of the year but right now.
    We won't lose a thing by doing it right now either. Because Arians is the worst play caller in the NFL. If it were done now some one on staff may be able to make adjustments and save the season.
    While I'm at it running Willie Parker inside continually is nothing short of stupid. defenses aren't going to get tired tackling a smaller back like parker the way they used to get tired tackling Bettis. We should go back to what has worked. Use Davenport to tire out the defense and bring in Parker as the change of pace back.
    Lets see now what kind of head coach we have. I would like to see him do something to remedy the situation. Maybe even show a little emotion.

2nd String
    i'm with u iron city south,i thought our offense would look more like the colts w.t.f? happend, i don't think they believe n big ben the way they claim 2,our o-line coach sucks, i remember some radio talk show was on an the buffalo fans were sayin good ridance 2 him (our o-line coach) he doesn't know anything, our o-line coach sucks bruce arians needs 2 bon,we need 2 go back 2 the 3-4 tomlin, the 4-3 ain't working dude,that was horrible play calling yesterday, why would u pass on 3rd an 2 when najeh was running very good?they sacked ben 7 TIMES last nightwe have some of the best talent n the nfl why not use itwere doing the same thing we done under bill coward, enough is enough open up ur play book arians, i thought big ben could audible when he wanted 2?everybody n the nfl knows how 2 beat us,stop the run why can't we pass 2 set up the runwhere's the no huddlewhere's the hurry up offensethe st coach suckswe r the same as we were last year
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    great point koopa u can tell he was on bill coward staff,we r so got d***predictable this is ridiculous, what's the purpose of having an new head coach, if were gonna b the same as last year?i like tomlin but n my opinion, we need 2 run the 3-4 on defense with cover 2 with our safeties an c.b's an on offense we need 2 use the no huddle more with the hurry up offense, like ben said this year about last year why practice it if u ain't gonna use itan both special teams coaches should give the rooneys there money back because they r robbing the rooneys that so called o-line coach 2
    Last edited by black an gold 4 life; 11-19-2007 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tailgate Coordinator
    Arians didn't play on the OL yesterday. Play calling will always be second guessed. If it worked, nobody qestions it. Our OL should apologize to the entire team.

I'm A "Champion"

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Arians didn't play on the OL yesterday.

Perhaps he should have.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The OL should indeed apologize to everyone on the team. Play calling will always be second guessed no matter who is in there as Dom mentioned. I've been questioning it as a fan ever year like clockwork but the way that Bruce has called various parts of the game at crucial times just makes you wonder wth he is trying to accomplish. Najeh was having some success running the ball so what does he do but continually put Willie back in ??? Heath is a huge weapon and only get 2 catches in a game like this? Spaeth would have been open all day long because nobody was looking at him as a threat. We had all kinds of options but we never fully utilize them.

Waterboy
    Look to much of the blame here is going on the offensive line. When the defense knows what the the play is going to be before the snap the line can only be just so effective. My son and law and I watched the game and we were calling the Steeler offensive plays before they were run. And if we could do it I feel absolutly sure that the jets could do it.
    Something needs to be done before our next game. Either Tomlin takes over play calling or he replaces Arians.

Quote Originally Posted by Greygrizzly View Post
    Look to much of the blame here is going on the offensive line. When the defense knows what the the play is going to be before the snap the line can only be just so effective. My son and law and I watched the game and we were calling the Steeler offensive plays before they were run. And if we could do it I feel absolutly sure that the jets could do it.
    Something needs to be done before our next game. Either Tomlin takes over play calling or he replaces Arians.
    while play calling was **** poor. The o-line deserves every bit of critizism they are getting. They are absolutely horrible and if it doensn't change we won't go far.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

IMO, he's a has been, and is OK at best at his job.

Why in the F did they stop running #44? He was chewing them up pretty good, 3rd and 2 and we pass at the end, run the DAMN BALL!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information