Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ_Steeler Power Rankings: Week 3

Bookmark and Share

AZ_Steeler Power Rankings: Week 3

Mr. Rogers is back with his power rankings for week 2. It's still to early to say where a lot of these teams are, but things will start to fall in place the next few weeks. Biggest loser of the week goes to the Steelers while there were several teams that jumped 5 spots.

We dropped 13 spots? If Jax is #1, and they only beat us by a few FG's, shouldn't we be, you know, like #2 or #3?

My Mood
    Addicted
    After that "offensive" display we deserve to drop that far....lol I don't know about the Jags being #1 though.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We were pathetic last night, but I think putting the Jags at #1 is a stretch. Their offense was almost as inept as ours was in terms of not scoring points. If they don't get that figured out they won't go far in January.

Granted Jacksonville didn't score a TD, but I was looking at the teams they have beat the first 2 weeks of the season (Dallas & Pittsburgh). I could see an argument maybe for the Falcons, maybe, to be #1 but of the teams who have yet to lose a game Jacksonville has been the most impressive.

It's also hard to rank a team, like the Steelers who have lost a game, with teams that have yet to lose. Even though the Steelers only lost by a few FG's you can't deny the fact that all they had last night was a defense that looked really good but got tired because of the amount of time on the field. Plus when they only get 150 total offensive yards with 26 yards rushing it's hard to justify a top 10 ranking.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Granted Jacksonville didn't score a TD, but I was looking at the teams they have beat the first 2 weeks of the season (Dallas & Pittsburgh). I could see an argument maybe for the Falcons, maybe, to be #1 but of the teams who have yet to lose a game Jacksonville has been the most impressive.
    OK, so that being the case, you're going to put the Ravens that high? They've beaten the Bucs and Raiders, teams that are a combined 0-4. Shouldn't the cowboys, giants, saints and Steelers all be rated higher regardless of their 1-1 or 2-0 simply on strength of schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    OK, so that being the case, you're going to put the Ravens that high? They've beaten the Bucs and Raiders, teams that are a combined 0-4. Shouldn't the cowboys, giants, saints and Steelers all be rated higher regardless of their 1-1 or 2-0 simply on strength of schedule?
    Power Rankings are hard!

When I was trying to determine the #1 ranking I looked at strength of schedule... after that it was really a crap shoot and a matter of opinion.

Just so you all know, I welcome the criticism and I don't take any offense to it at all! You guys are throwing things out and giving me ideas for next week when I put together week 3's Rankings. I really appreciate it and Thank you! I know everyone is always critical of others rankings so I don't expect it to stop just because you guys know me

My Mood
    Addicted
    ok, your rankings suck AZ! ......lol Just kidding. If you had 10 people do rankings right now they would all be different.

House of Steel
    You got that right, I will reserve from posting my comments. I really can't believe some of this.

If you think ranking the NFL is hard (which I do), you should check out this link.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5955322

Trying to rank the entire Division I of the NCAA is beyond ludicrous in my mind.

Thread Information