Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Alright, let's find the positives

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    We Got Five! Hburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Billtown
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    You know BC he won't do it. It's gonna take an injury or really bad play by another WR before he'll activate Reid anytime soon.
    I saw Santonio makin dumbass moves all night! Pull him and put Reid in!

    Positive: Nate Washington is continuin in what I think is goin to be his break out year.

    BuFu

  2. #22
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,682
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Santonio is given the nod because he's a #1 draft pick, he's gonna have to continue stinking up the joint on ST before they pull him in favor of Reid.

    Problem is, how long do we have to wait and continue to lose field position before something has to happen.

    Another note, Holmes is making good progress as a WR so its a catch22. If you pull him, you lose him as a WR.

  3. #23
    We Got Five! Hburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Billtown
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Santonio is given the nod because he's a #1 draft pick, he's gonna have to continue stinking up the joint on ST before they pull him in favor of Reid.

    Problem is, how long do we have to wait and continue to lose field position before something has to happen.

    Another note, Holmes is making good progress as a WR so its a catch22. If you pull him, you lose him as a WR.
    I saw Holmes' "progress" last night as a WR. After that performance I would pull him and make Reid a receiver. At this point I think Reid could do a better job in both positions than Santonio. Since becomin a 1st round draft pick he has done nothin that has positively contributed to the team. He has at this point fallen out of favor with me and has lost my trust as a player. Until he starts showin vast improvement I ain't gonna be supportin him and defendin him like I have all off-season. At this point I wonder what it would have been like to get a power RB first round....I think that might have helped more.

    BuFu

  4. #24
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,682
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im not saying I disagree with you, I just think the way the NFL is when you have a #1 draft you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and live through some growing pains to see how he pans out. That's just the way the coaches usually do it unfortunately. I agree Reid is a much better returner at this point and could just the same job or better at WR as well.

  5. #25
    We Got Five! Hburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Billtown
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Im not saying I disagree with you, I just think the way the NFL is when you have a #1 draft you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and live through some growing pains to see how he pans out. That's just the way the coaches usually do it unfortunately. I agree Reid is a much better returner at this point and could just the same job or better at WR as well.
    I understand the idea of havin to save face but to me I would rather keep the number 1 pick off the field until he looked like a number 1 pick than to have to watch his growin pains affect the team like I saw last night. Holmes has been a disappointment so far. Because of the fact that he is a number 1 pick you expect him to come out playin strong, maybe that is why I keep gettin surprise as I witness the bonehead moves he keeps makin. I will begin to gain faith in him again when I start to see consistent strong performance but for now for me he is a cause for concern in our offensive ranks.

    BuFu

  6. #26
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,682
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If you pull him, then maybe you slow his progress enough that he takes alot longer to develop, therefore losing out on alot of money invested in him. It's a catch22 . BC has always prided himself on playing the best player regardless of how much they earn or don't earn so I hope he makes the right decision soon. I think we're gonna have to wait and let Santonio either sink or swim for awhile yet before they make a change, unless they can find a way to get them both on the active roster.

    Trust me, I like to see Reid in there and show us what he can do because we can't afford to keep starting deep in our endzone because of bone head moves in the return game.

  7. #27
    Prosdo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    7,185
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by HburgXL06 View Post
    Positive: Nate Washington is continuin in what I think is goin to be his break out year.

    BuFu
    You are right. That is another good positive from the game. Hopefully next week everything gets on track.


  8. #28
    We Got Five! Hburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Billtown
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    If you pull him, then maybe you slow his progress enough that he takes alot longer to develop, therefore losing out on alot of money invested in him. It's a catch22 . BC has always prided himself on playing the best player regardless of how much they earn or don't earn so I hope he makes the right decision soon. I think we're gonna have to wait and let Santonio either sink or swim for awhile yet before they make a change, unless they can find a way to get them both on the active roster.

    Trust me, I like to see Reid in there and show us what he can do because we can't afford to keep starting deep in our endzone because of bone head moves in the return game.
    Yea, I understand the predicament, it's just frustratin. We can't keep startin from our own 10 and expect to get touchdowns every time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo View Post
    You are right. That is another good positive from the game. Hopefully next week everything gets on track.
    I feel you on that. I'm hopin. I really want to beat a team for once that we have bad blood against. So far we haven't been able to do it against the pats and now the jags.

    BuFu

  9. #29
    SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Morgantown,WV/Yardley,PA
    Posts
    3,854
    Postive: Ben is still alive and walking

  10. #30
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    Postive: Ben is still alive and walking

    haha until his fever overtakes him with a massive abdomen infection.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 08 AFC Team Draft Grades
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 06:17 PM
  2. Glad to find you
    By bcbaxter43 in forum New Addicts
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 03:49 PM
  3. The Key to the Steelers Loss? You Won't Find Out From CBS
    By AZ_Steeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
  4. Notebook: Draft picks find it hard to make the team
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •