Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Jets (Wk. 11)

Steelers vs. Jets (Wk. 11)

vs.

Sunday November 18, 2007
    4:05 PM EST

The outlook for the Jets does not look good this weekend. However, by saying the previous statement this is one of those games the Steelers really need to take seriously. When one team is having so much success it's easier to take for granted a team that hasn't been so fortunate at this point in the season.

Looking at the Jets statistically, they really have nothing good going for them. Their offense is ranked 29th in the league, and for those of you who don't know they are only 32 teams, and their defense is 30th. While doing some research this week, in regards to Willie Parker's stats on the road, I found the Jets defense was ranked dead last against the rush which looks good for FWP. Parker has had 4 road games thus far and has averaged 91 yards per game on the road. 91 yards isn't bad, but you take away the 37 he had against a mediocre Cardinals defense and the number jumps up to 109. So FWP should be in for a good game and will hopefully gain some ground on Adrian Peterson.

Bottom line is, if the Steelers show up prepared for this game and do what they do best, play defense, run the ball and Big Ben throw touchdowns then all will be good in Steeler Nation!

Join us this Sunday here in the gameday thread as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is a big game this weekend regardless of what the records are. We can take the next step of adding to our division lead this weekend if we take care of business so it's important to show up ready and get up on them early to break their will !

My Mood
    Smokin
    Here we Go
    Steelers

Here we Go

Thanks for the sig Flea

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

OK, Personally i really don't think we can beat the Steelers but if we are going to pull off an upset here are things that we have to do:

On Offence:

There aint a chance in hell that we are going to run on this team, I mean it. IMO we should come out throwing and keep throwing. Throw to set up the run rather than the other way round. We must spread the field and have Clemens playing out of the shotgun alot. There aren't too many ways to attack this team but I believe we can move on them with a short passing game vs their blitzes. The offensive line will really need to step up or Clemens will be running for his life all day.

On Defence:

I seriously don't know what the hell we can do but I guess the best option would be to stack the box and blitz Ben all day. The real problem I find will be that even if we do get to Ben we wont bring him down. Parker will go over 100, thats almost certain. But we have to try and contain his running, we can't let him break a big one and try and slow him down especially between the 20's (Although then we have Davenport to deal with). I have a bad feeling that Holmes is going to have a big day on our 2nd corner be it Barrett or Dyson presuming Revis is matched up on Ward.
    Meh, what can we do? Might as well blitz and hope ben makes mistakes, turnovers are the only way we can win this game.

Special teams:

This is where I feel we may hurt the Steelers. Their coverage team is not good, so Leon could have a few oppurtunities for TD #4. We should at least be able to provide Clemens with some solid field position.
    On the flip side, Rossum is a dangerous return man but I trust that our great coverage team can keep him in check.
    Nuge must take every oppurtunity presented to him, no misses from inside if 50 this week. If there is I think his future with this team should be put in serious doubt.
    Graham needs to pin the Steelers as far back as he can when possible, hopefully he won't be called into action too much.

To be honest, I don't think we stand a chance but lets hope we come of the bye refreshed and ready.

Prediction- Steelers 35 Jets 24

LETS GO JETS!!!!

i dont see clemens being able to put up 24 points against us, and god i hope we can cover a ****ing kickoff.

last time we played the jets i think i had 4 heart attacks in a 2 minute span, and by some incredible act of god we won. Doug Brien is and forever will be my favorite kicker.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Jet View Post
    but lets hope we come of the bye refreshed and ready.
    Heeeeyyyyy!!!!! What are you thinking???? lol!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!! HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Waterboy
    The Rube's prediction?................Pain..............for the hapless Jets. Let's show those pretty boy Pats what kind of points the Steeler O can put on the board! It's 7:22 a.m here in SoCal and the Rube is juuuuuuuuuuust gettin started.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!!!!!
    GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Here We Go Steelers! Here We GO!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Soon game time, let's kick some jet butt this week !

Thread Information