Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That was pathetic

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    God, has it really started this early? First game they lose after the Super Bowl (when Cowher was a "genius"), and now Cowher "lost the game"? I can't believe how quickly some Steelers fans will turn on people.

Anyway, as for the game, what the hell was that?!?!?!? Ben sucked ***! I mean God! We looked like the f***ing RAIDERS on offense!!!

you will never see me give props to cowher.....i hate him win or lose lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

House of Steel
    We looked like the f***ing RAIDERS on offense!!!

I'd say every possesion (I won't say drive because drive implies actually MOVING) ending in either a punt or an interception, and barely even getting to the 50 yard line while looking totally out of sync and having no rhythm whatsoever qualifies as Raider-esque.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    I'd say every possesion (I won't say drive because drive implies actually MOVING) ending in either a punt or an interception, and barely even getting to the 50 yard line while looking totally out of sync and having no rhythm whatsoever qualifies as Raider-esque.

No comment!

No Comment!

No Comment!

My Mood
    Addicted
    That was just sad. All I could do was shake my head watching that game. They never even had one decent drive. 26 yards rushing is a joke for a team that is suppose to run the ball. Cowher better rethink his strategy here because our D played way to well to lose a game like that.

It's the second week of the season...we'll be right back on track after we beat the Bengals next week. The good news is that every prognosticator around the NFL is going to pick the Bungals to beat us next week, the Bungal fans (who are already the worst in the NFL) are gonna be completely obnoxious and arrogant, and we'll be able to deliver a giant helping of "STFU" next Sunday to all of them...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It won't be hard to find locker room material this week. If you can't get motivated for this game, you're dead.

This game made me sick on multiple levels. Part of my anger is the fact that I had complete comfidence goin into this game of a win. My thoughts were that even with the jags defense we could still manage some ball movement and force turnovers when we played defense. None of this happened. Here are some points that I noticed that should be addressed.

1)Ben was sick, Batch shoulda played: I know Ben was anxious to play again, and I know it put up a stronger front havin him start but when you are experiencin flu-like symptoms and have a fever you should not be in a NFL football game. Most likely his body is still recoverin from the surgery. In the body's weakened state after the surgery it was more prone for somethin to come in to cause sickness. It sounds like his body was causin a fever to burn off anythin that might have snuck in durin or after the surgery that might cause illness. Ben seemed to be in a weakened state from both the recovery from surgery as well as the fever and other flu-like symptoms. Batch would have been riding strong after his week 1 win and been able to focus more on the game and the gameplan rather than tryin to balance the game with overcomin feelin sick.

2) Troy was hurt and should not have played: Anyone who saw the replays that focused on Troy noticed how his right arm was just dangling on his side. Troy seemed to be nursing it all game and I'm sure it was causing him considerable pain. Also, Troy missed tackles....whenever Troy misses a tackle you know somethin is wrong. Again we have another player that is tryin to play the game but also worry about overcomin their own health problems as well. Now we have to worry because instead of allowin Troy to heal this week so that he is ready for the (much more important) bengals game we have to worry again whether he is goin to be at 100%.

3) Bench Santonio Holmes: Until this kid learns how to play football in the NFL, I don't want to see him on the field during a game. I saw numerous plays last night that it was his neglect/idiocy that cost us major plays. Punt returnin...I can maybe give him some lax. But other times he was downright awful. It was Holmes not lookin back in time or payin attention to his route that caused at least one interception. Other times it was him not bein able to catch up or hold onto the ball that prevented us from convertin. To me this kid has not turned out to be anythin like we had hoped. So far I see a lot of dumb rookie mistakes that have repeatedly happening yet he is allowed to continue to play. I would bench him or send him to the practice squad until he could run each play without fail. There are a bunch of roles every position has to play on the field from one down to the next. So far Holmes only seems to be playin the role of the chicken wit its head cut off. I keep wonderin where Willie Reid is since he seemed to show the most maturity and ability to make plays on the field.

4) Leftwich wasn't pressured: Only a few times did I see Leftwich have to hustle to rid himself of the ball and I don't recall seeing one sack all night on him. Our D looked as though it lacked a lot of fire that it had in week 1. Perhaps the whole team became a little too confident before this game but from this point on we need to step it up if we want to be playoff contendors.

Other things that made me sick in this game....

1) As soon as Jacksonville got their first field goal the commentators started pullin up every stat and figure and anecdote about how the jags did one thing or another against the Steelers or anyone. The commentators found every excuse to trash the Steelers for the majority of the game and then only continued to do so with fervor after the first field goal.

2) Why does it seem like the Steelers are the only team that when a player gets a big he doesn't have his own personal celebration. Besides Joey's kick no other player on the team has a celebration that they perform every single time they make a play. Last night it seemed that after every tackle the jag player who made the tackle felt he had to do some stupid dance. Not only does that seem like overkill, idiocy, over-celebratory, unsportsmanlike, and disrespectful, but overall very arrogant.

3) Lastly, why does Jacksonville even have a NFL team? Whoever heard of Jacksonville as a city worthy of such a team? They don't have any other major league team so why football? Their fans look like a cross between extras from the Dukes of Hazard and actors from any commercial that airs during the Price is Right. If any other city wants an NFL team, I suggest Jacksonville be the first place the NFL looks to move a team from one place to another. Hell maybe they will even choose an original color this time....like pink.

BuFu

My philosphy is to not be too concerned about poor offensive play the first couple weeks. The Seahawks have been playing much like your Steelers did last night. Poor offense, great defense. We have just had the benefit of playing worse teams.

Offenses can often start off slowly and take a few games to click. Defenses should start off with all cylinders firing. I obviously don't get into the minutia that you guys do about the Steelers, but I am sure that all things are going to fall into place if the team stays relatively healthy.

Thread Information