Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers currently the number 2 seed in the AFC after Colts loss tonight...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Steelers currently the number 2 seed in the AFC after Colts loss tonight...

Now I hate to beat a dead horse here but I been coming on here for weeks saying that the Steelers had a shot to get that number 2 seed if they would keep winning games with this schedule being pretty winnable and easy for the most part, and seeing that the Colts had the Pats and San Diego to play back to back weeks which you know would be a tough task for the Colts. As a result, after tonight the Steelers and Colts both sit at 7-2 in their divisions and the Steelers currently are ahead of the Colts for the number 2 seed based on a better conference record in the AFC. The Steelers conference record is currently 5-1 with their only loss coming against the Broncos,the Colts conference record is 4-2 with losses against the Pats and Chargers. So right there is why the Steelers currently hold the number 2 seed at the moment. The Steelers for all practical purposes clinched this division today going up 2 games on the Browns and essentially 3 games with the head to head tiebraker in hand, and going up 3 games on the Ravens who lost and 4 games essentially with them too with the head to head tiebraker. So I think its safe to say after this win today which was a very very tough battle against a pretty good Browns team, I think its safe to say with the Steelers upcoming schedule facing the Jets,Miami,and Cincy the next 3 weeks that they will be 10-2 going into the Pats game like I have been saying for weeks and thus they will put a strangle hold on this division once and for all. So I guess some of the guys on here like Koopa and K-Train who say I was an idiot to say this arent looking too smart themselves. Keep in mind the Steelers can still get the number 1 seed as well if the beat the Pats and win the rest of their games and have the Pats lose somehow one more game along the way. Will it happen?? Probably not but its not like its completely impossible.

This Steelers team is for real and is a major major player in this AFC. And the way things set up now with the Steelers now in control to get the 2 seed and the week off the rest of the way if they keep winning, and the Colts looking not so good tonight and the last few weeks, this Steelers team now I believe has a very very good chance at the very worst playing in the AFC Title game. I stuck by my pick of 13-3 14-2 even after we lost to the Broncos when some people on here ripped em and said people should die on the team. This Steelers team while it does need to clean up some things especially the special teams play, is a major player in this AFC and can definitely give the Pats a good run for their money to come out of this AFC and win the Super Bowl.

Rookie Free Agent Woodson_DownUnder's Avatar

Post re: Seed #2 is good but we can afford to slip up anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Steelers conference record is currently 5-1 with their only loss coming against the Broncos,the Colts conference record is 4-2 with losses against the Pats and Chargers. So right there is why the Steelers currently hold the number 2 seed at the moment.

This Steelers team is for real and is a major major player in this AFC.
    Well said Troyisabeast_43.

Can't afford to become complacent as it's becoming a concern giving up early leads when the points are left on the field (damn turnovers) and given to the opposition as gifts to help themselves to stretch the deficiet. The special teams can't afford to mess around either. We have gifted ONE game to the CARDS thru ST and another to the undeserving Broncos... the protection of BEN was dismal in that SNF game.

We're in the BOX seat to take the NUMBER 2 seed and perhaps snare #1 but that means little considering our home field advantage in play-offs isn't as flattering as we expected. Just keep on, keeping on....Solid D, convert those third downs and NO TURNOVERS = 14-2 season.
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=705&dateline=12442565  10

I prefer to do like one of the greatest coaches of all time said and "TAKE IT ONE GAME AT A TIME !!" We have to keep focused on the team we play next week and not get ahead of ourselves... I think that is all K and Koop were trying to say. We have a few winnable games, just like Ariz.and Den. were, and to look further we have NE in NE and Jags, who always play us tough. So before you are proclaimed the great prognosticator ya may want to tone it down a bit... There is plenty of time for "I told you so " later...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We are the current #2 seed as of last night right now yes but every damn time this team has a chance to distance itself from the competition and actually assert their position in the conference they always blow the chance...until yesterday. We showed great fortitude and composure coming back in that game yesterday. Sure the clowns defense is terrible but the point is that our offense got it together and didn't panic. Anytime you come back from 15 points down that says something about you. We have a great opportunity ahead of us but we better not look any further ahead than the NY Jets right now.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I dont proclaim to be anything but if those guys want to sit here and act like bandwagoners when the Steelers lose and say they stink and are done and have no chance, and we need a new running back, and they hope Bruce Ariens dies in his sleep for his playcalling yesterday like Koopa said, like they do time and time again when the Steelers lose which they know they do and you guys know they do, instead of just staying calm and being realistic about things like I have been after the Steelers lost to Denver. Ill continue to stand by what I said this team is a 13-3 14-2 team, and if you want to keep calling me an idiot or saying Im insane for thinkin the Steelers can compete with the Pats and Colts like they did a month ago then keep on doing it. Ill continue to look ahead at this schedule because Im not the one playing on the field, Im a season ticket holder and If I want to look ahead like most of us should be doing to the Pats game which is the next game that really matters then I will do just that. There is no way the Steelers will lose to the Jets,Miami, or Cincy especially with 2 of the 3 at home. That game yesterday against Cleveland will be the Steelers toughest tests and game until the Pats game in about 3 weeks bank on it. So what Im saying is overall Id much rather read a posts about saying I think this team is going to be 10-2 going into New England as opposed to reading a posts like Koopa writes saying we need a new running back when we have the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL,and that he hopes coaches and players die like Bruce Ariens for the playcalling yesterday during the game. There is just no need for posts like that, and when you write something like that you sound like a moron and lose all credibility as far as Im concerned.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    wow, arains ****ing sucks dick, i seriously hope he dies tonight in his sleep.

Here is a quote from Koopa yesterday in the gameday chat thread when the Steelers were losing 21-6. I dont mean to be bitching and whining and sound like a nark, but are posts like that on here really neccessary?? I mean if you want to be pissed off and upset fine. But dont sit there and write ignorant stuff like that that makes you sound like a complete jackass especially when he suppose to be one of the moderators on this site. A posts like that in my opinion isnt funny and just has no business being written period.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 11-12-2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2nd String
    WE CAN RIDE WITH ANY ONE IF WERE FOCUSED AN OUR O-LINE HOLDS UP,I DON'T CARE WHAT NO ONE SAYS OUR O-LINE IS AN HAS BEEN OUR WEAK LINK THIS YEAR, I LOVE MY BLACK AN GOLD BUT IF WE DON'T GET THAT O-LINE 2GETHER WE WON'T GO FAR N THE PLAYOFFS,I THINK WE SHOULD B ABLE 2 CRITICIZE OUT TEAM, AS LONG AS WE DON'T GO OVER BOARD,WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS STEELERS TEAM IS WHEN THEY GET DOWN THEY HAVE PROVEN TWICE THIS YEAR THAT THEY CAN COME BACK,WITH COWARDS TEAMS ONCE TEAMS GOT UP ON US 21-9 WE WERE DONE 4 THE DAY,NOW WITH THE NEW COACH AN NEW ATTITUDE WERE NEVER OUTTA OF GAMES.WE ALSO HAVE 2 GET THIS NOT SO SPECIAL TEAM 2GETHER IF THEY HOLD THERE END UP WE KEEP THE CLOWNS AT 21 POINTS,WHERE THEY SHOULD OF STAYED, THEY SHOULDN'T OF EVEN SCORED THAT MUCH, BUT HEY S*** HAPPENS,WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID GO STEELERS

Ok, well first I'm going ot say everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Now on to the subject. Yes, Indy losing today was great and we might be in 2nd now, but there is a ton of football to go. We have to keep winning and we probably need Indy to lose another game because I'm sure we still have atleast one more loss in us (not to be negative...just realistic). I perfer the one game at a time attitude instead of looking so far ahead just over half way through the season though.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

I agree that "the team" MUST have a one game at a time attitude, but the Colts loss is rather huge!!! I'd like to think we are a lock for the playoffs and a another AFCN title. But the team MUST keep winning beacuase i think i speak for everybody when i say i'd rather play at Heinz Field in the Divisional round than at SD or IND!!! As far as NE, in due time!!! I liked bens post game confrence wehn he said... " i dont even know who we play next, is it the jets!?!?" I dont buy that he didnt know but atleast the team is "buying in" to the "next game is the biggest game" theory that Tomlin has brought in!!!!

Starter
    I dont really mind looking ahead in the schedule, I do it too, but havent we already talked about the Pats game enough? I know it is going to probably be our biggest test, but what are we going to talk about when it comes time to play them if we have already broken it down? I am just saying alot can happen between now and then and right now we should be focused on our next game.

Yes the Jets and Miami games should be winnable but they are also those games that can sneak up and bite you in the ***, like the Cardinals game! Plus I would hate to overlook the Bengals... they have come into Heinz field the last two year and beat the Steelers (even though it was handed to them last year!). Regardless though, the Steelers may have the #2 seed right now, but being optimistic they probably will need the Colts to lose one more game to an AFC opponent just so the Steelers can keep that edge on the #2 slot.

Thread Information