Thread: Excellent observation by Bouchette

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Excellent observation by Bouchette

new to the board and love your site! I thought it was ironic of the Ratbirds Bart Scott (who took every oppurtunity to celebrate the hit on ben last year) to cry about Hines Ward's blocks. I'm not taking away the game they played last year, but i didn't see him pull up on his hit?

What is it with the big, tough, Baltimore defensive players? They continue to whine whenever a wide receiver throws a block at them.

The latest is linebacker Bart Scott, who said in the Baltimore Sun this past week that he threatened to "kill" Hines Ward Monday night after the Steelers receiver blocked him.

"I threatened him," Scott said. "If I see him again, I'm going to threaten him again."

It must have to do with wearing the purple and black because even Rod Woodson, when he played for the Ravens, complained about Ward's blocks.

I suppose even when you play on one of the NFL's better defenses, you don't like it when a wide receiver blocks you. And when those blocks are big enough -- as Ward's was on Scott -- that they're shown all over ESPN, the big, bad linebacker's pride gets hurt.

Isn't this the same Bart Scott who exhilarated in the hit he put on Ben Roethlisberger last season when he had a free shot? That was OK, fly in unblocked and smack into a standing target who cannot see you? But get bowled over by a wide receiver, and it's not so much fun, eh, Bart?

"I just think he took some shots that he didn't have to, and I'm not even talking about my shot. I'm talking about the Ed Reed stuff.''

Oh, that's right, Ward also had the audacity to throw a block on the All-Pro safety. Gee, what's next? He might block one of their defensive linemen?

"With mine, I think I was pulling up,'' Scott whined. "I was letting up because I thought [Willie Parker] was going to run out of bounds. I should've just went for the cheap shot and hit him out of bounds. Then I wouldn't have had to worry about getting blindsided. That's fine, though. He's out there in safe land as a receiver, but I'll get an opportunity one day."

Safe land as a receiver? Ward has probably been hit harder more times in his career than Bart Scott as a linebacker and he has had the concussions to prove it. Pound for pound, though, I'll take Ward on my tough-guy team over the Ray Lewis-wannabe Scott any day.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    **** Bart (Simpson) Scott and **** the Ratbirds. You're in the NFL, where the big boys play you pussy!!!!! Protect yourself at all times crybaby!!!!! And yeah, pound for pund, I'll take Ward over anyone in the NFL

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Bart Scott is a wannabe crybaby who thinks he's God's gift to the NFL and we should all fear him....Get over yourself Bart because you're just making a fool of yourself !

Nice read ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    **** Bart (Simpson) Scott and **** the Ratbirds. You're in the NFL, where the big boys play you pussy!!!!! Protect yourself at all times crybaby!!!!! And yeah, pound for pund, I'll take Ward over anyone in the NFL
    lol...yeah what he said...lol! I couldn't have said it better myself!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh and welcome to SA!!! Enjoy!
    Last edited by BBG7; 11-11-2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    poor ratbirds, got blown out at home by the bungels...... how sweet it is!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA STEELERS View Post
    poor ratbirds, got blown out at home by the bungels...... how sweet it is!!!!
    How do you get blown out and the other team doesn't score a touchdown? Just Terrible
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information