Bookmark and Share
    SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed

Linebacker Scott threatens to 'kill' wide receiver Hines Ward

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,1492622.story

By Edward Lee | Sun reporter
    November 8, 2007

...After Monday night's game, Ward was quoted as saying: "He tackled me and said he was going to kill me. But as long as you don't shoot me, I'll be fine. I don't think there's any place in the game for that type of stuff. I always thought he was a great player, but I guess he doesn't like me."

Scott confirmed Ward's claim that the Ravens linebacker threatened to "kill" the Steelers wide receiver after he leveled Scott with a block on Willie Parker's catch late in the second quarter.

"I threatened him," Scott said defiantly. "If I see him again, I'm going to threaten him again."

Later, Scott said he objected to Ward's block of free safety Ed Reed late in the second quarter, a hit that might have contributed to Reed's being limited in practice yesterday because of what coach Brian Billick called "a sensitivity to light."

Said Scott: "I have no beef with Hines off the field. But pretty much, I've got a beef with everybody on the field. I just think he took some shots that he didn't have to, and I'm not even talking about my shot. I'm talking about the Ed Reed stuff.

"With mine, I think I was pulling up. I was letting up because I thought he [Parker] was going to run out of bounds. I should've just went for the cheap shot and hit him out of bounds. Then I wouldn't have had to worry about getting blindsided. That's fine, though. He's out there in safe land as a receiver, but I'll get an opportunity one day."

Linebacker Terrell Suggs said Scott's dislike is not limited to Ward.

"Anybody that's not wearing purple and black, Bart's got a problem with him," Suggs said. "That's why I love Bart. I'm going to let Bart be 'The Mad Backer' and I'm going to be right behind him."

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Thats typical coming from another team of criminals...... Why doesn't the commish send at least a letter of reprimand or something to let the ratbirds know that threats etc.. won't be tolerated and shows a lack of respect for the game...... We will get the last laugh when we go to the inner harbor or trash also known as m&t stadium and kick another mud hole in their sorry asses........ Thing I am worried about is about that time they will be playing for draft slot while the STEELERS are gearing for the playoffs and they throw in some dirty hits, etc.........

I'm sure some players have said much MUCH worse to other players....but they don't go crying to the media so you never hear about it lol.
    .:Recent:.

Boy oh boy,,,,,,,,,,,The media cracks me up & they'll run with all that bull sheet,,,,,,,,

Come on,we all know theres all kinds of tempers flaring in the heat of battle
    This is a waste of peoples time ,,,,,,,,,, No-ones killing anyone

damn that $hit is serious threatened to kill him come on thats a little over the top

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Typical ratbird yapping...get over yourself Bart ! There's a 1000 NFL players who are just as tough and strong as you so don't flatter yourself with threats that anybody else can make too.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghNation View Post
    Boy oh boy,,,,,,,,,,,The media cracks me up & they'll run with all that bull sheet,,,,,,,,

Come on,we all know theres all kinds of tempers flaring in the heat of battle
    This is a waste of peoples time ,,,,,,,,,, No-ones killing anyone
    Yeah, just sounds like senseless trash talk to me.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    More embarassment than anything because lil 'ole Hines knocked the **** out of Mr. All-mighty Reed.

Grow the **** up Bart.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSteve View Post
    Yeah, just sounds like senseless trash talk to me.
    That pretty much sums up the ratbirds; senseless...along with pointless, spineless, and worthless !

Oh please...little girl Bart got his widdle feelings hurt and now he's trying to act all big and bad....

Pathetic.
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

Thread Information