Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers pretty much clinch this division if they beat the Browns on Sunday...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Steelers pretty much clinch this division if they beat the Browns on Sunday...

First off, let me say I was at the game last night and what a great atmosphere to be at, and just a total and pure *** kicking of the Ravens made it even that much more enjoyable. The halftime ceremony was awesome, the pre game was awesome, the first quarter with all the turnovers, and the 35 points put on in the first half was great. The Steelers pretty much have baried the Ravens now being up on them essentially 3 games now and a very easy schedule upcoming and a brutal schedule upcoming for the Ravens having to play SD,New England,and Indy 3 weeks in a row.

The bottom line is like my post says here if the Steelers beat the Browns this week they go up on them just like the Ravens essentially 3 games with the head to head tiebraker in hand,and go to 7-2 and 4-0 in the division and there is just no way that the Browns will be able to make that up being as up and down and inconsistent as they are. Sure I know they have won 3 in a row but keep in mind they were against the Dolphins and Rams who have yet to win and the Seahawks who stink on the road and blew a 15 point lead. The Browns will get a real measuring stick this week when they come to Heinz Field to see how good they really are, because if they happen to fall behind by 14-15 points this week against the Steelers like they did the last 2 weeks against the Rams and Seattle they will not come back and will get blown out. So the bottom line is if you win this game this week and get to 7-2 with the next 3 games being against the Jets,Miami,and Cincy you pretty much have the division won. The Steelers can then after this week focus on what really matters and that is competing for that bye week with the Pats and now especially the Colts who have now lost and who the Steelers are now only one game behind them. Keep in mind the Colts have the same amount of conference losses as the Steelers now in 1, so if they would happen to lose in San Diego this week which is possible and the Steelers keep winning they then jump up to that number 2 seed based on a better conference record and less losses.

Say what you want but getting a bye week in the AFC is very very important. Number 1 you get a week off and get to play at home, and the way the Steelers have played so far this year at Heinz Field nobody is going to come in here and beat them this year accept maybe the Pats. I dont even think Manning and the Colts can beat the Steelers here. And if the Steelers do get the Colts here on a muddy field in January in the playoffs they will beat them here I think. So the focus after this week needs to be on keeping pace with the Colts and even the Pats like Ive been saying for weeks now so that come December the Steelers have as good as chance of both of them to get those top 2 seeds. The way the Steelers are playing now, and the way there schedule sets up they will definitely be in position no doubt to do just that.

Great breakdown of the rest of the year Troy. We must beat the Browns this weekend!!!! I also agree getting that first week bye would be great and at least 1 home game!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    So far we are 1-0 in our crucial 5 game stretch as we talked about before. Yesterday was mission accomplished for week 1, now next up is the clowns and this game is just as big as the ratbird game because as you mentioned it would put us up 2 games on them plus with the tiebreaker the division is clearly within our grasp. This team better not look ahead any further than this sunday because the clowns will be wanting revenge and they are hyped up from winning 3 in a row, even if it was against sub par competition. We need to come out and be physical with them and get up early so we can pin our ears back and come after them. This is a crucial game not only because it's at home but mainly it's a divisional game. We control our own destiny; we let some opportunities slip by earlier this year to go up by 2 or 3 games. We need this win in a big way and cannot allow ourselves to be in a 3 way tie for first place and give the rats or clowns anything other than pain this weekend !

Nice read, but clinching the division in early November might be a stretch. Needless to say this is pretty much a must win game.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Ill stick by what I say if the Steelers beat the Browns they go to 7-2 and they clinch this division not officially of course but realistically they do. Cmon now guys you do honestly think that the Steelers are going to lose to the Jets,Miami or Cincy based on the way all 3 of those teams are playing. Cleveland they are much improved from the first week when the Steelers whooped there *** but there still not good enough to come in here and beat the Steelers period. The Steelers have been playing lights out at home so far this year, and while the Browns might have been able to sneak out wins against the ****** Rams and Seahawks they are not coming into Heinz Field Sunday and winning this game it wont happen. So Ill state it again win this week against the Browns Steelers for all practical purposes clinch the North. If you think otherwise based on the next 3 games the Steelers have combined with the Ravens and Browns upcoming schedule then you need to have your head examined.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    So far we are 1-0 in our crucial 5 game stretch as we talked about before. Yesterday was mission accomplished for week 1, now next up is the clowns and this game is just as big as the ratbird game because as you mentioned it would put us up 2 games on them plus with the tiebreaker the division is clearly within our grasp. This team better not look ahead any further than this sunday because the clowns will be wanting revenge and they are hyped up from winning 3 in a row, even if it was against sub par competition. We need to come out and be physical with them and get up early so we can pin our ears back and come after them. This is a crucial game not only because it's at home but mainly it's a divisional game. We control our own destiny; we let some opportunities slip by earlier this year to go up by 2 or 3 games. We need this win in a big way and cannot allow ourselves to be in a 3 way tie for first place and give the rats or clowns anything other than pain this weekend !
    Well, by my count we are 2-1. We win next week we can put ourselves in good shape.

I'm A "Champion"

2nd String
    ALSO THE CLOWNS HAVE AN EASY SCHEDULE AFTER US, WE HAVE 2 TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WHAT'S N FRONT OF US THE CLOWNS 1ST,THEN THE NEXT WEEK, WE HAVE 2 TAKE THIS ONE GAME AT A TIME, NOW THE RATBIRDS SEASON WILL B OVER AT THE END OF THIS MONTH,THE BUNGELS COULD AN SHOULD HELP US OUT BY BEATING THEM,WE HAVE 2 TAKE CARE OF THE CLOWNS ,AN THEN GO 2 THE JETS, IT WON'T B EASY BUT IF WE CAN STAY FOCUS WE SHOULD FINISH 13-3 OR 12-4!!!!

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Need to take care of business this weekend, but maintain the One game at a time mindset.......... I would hate to fall in a trap game to the jets or fins.....

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Waterboy
    I sure hope that the team doesn't look at it like that. Clinching early is bad in my estimation. It sorta takes the edge off of the team. I would prefer that we have important games right down to the end of the season. That way the team is sharper going into the playoffs.

I am a little concerned about these next 4 games... the win Monday night could have been a huge emotional drain so they could come out flat on Sunday.

Then the Jets and Miami are two teams that have nothing to lose and could be taken to lightly... Kind of like the Raiders last year!

They are doable wins, but someone needs to keep the team focused.

Thread Information