Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers should be 10-2 now going into Pats game the way schedule sets up...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

Steelers should be 10-2 now going into Pats game the way schedule sets up...

Well here I go at it again another week and Ill keep saying it each and everytime we get a win here like we did today that this was the key game to get through today in order to have a shot to run the table up until the Pats game in 6 weeks. Now the Steelers are 5-2 and have 4 out of the next 5 at home going into November here and pretty much barried the Bengals today in the standings and can basically do the same thing the next 2 weeks in this division with wins over Baltimore and Cleveland. A win over Baltimore next week puts us 2 up on them in the standings and essentially 3 up on them with the head to head tiebraker, same can be said for the Browns the following week who first have to beat Seattle next week in Cleveland coming off a bye week which wont be easy. So the Steelers pretty much with wins the next 2 weeks get to 7-2 and win all the tiebrakers in this division and for all practical purposes wrap this thing up. Especially with 3 games against the Jets,Miami,and the Bengals to follow after the Ravens and Browns.

The Ratbirds schedule is just brutal having to play the Steelers,Colts,Pats,and Chargers in this same stretch the Steelers have the next 5 weeks. The Browns schedule isnt quite as tough but Im still not that sold on the Browns yet they struggled today and barely beat a winless Rams team so I wouldnt worry about them too much at all. The two teams the Steelers do need to worry about and Im telling you can still catch in the Standings are the Colts and Pats. I say this because one way or another next week the Steelers are going to get help because the Pats do play the Colts and somebody will lose which will give one of them a loss and more importantly a loss in the conference which could end up being big down the line in tiebrakers. The Steelers have 8 of their last 9 games in the AFC and are going to have a great opportunity to pad their conference record like I been saying the next 5 games before the Pats if they can win every game up until then which they should be able to do looking at the schedule which would get them to 10-2 going into New England December 9th.

The bottom line is this and follow me here if the Steelers win the next 5 which they should and do indeed get to 10-2 that gets them to 8-1 in the conference going into the Pats game, and at the very worst one game behind the Colts and Pats for the bye week and homefield in the AFC with the head to head game still to take place with the Pats. The Colts conference record is 4-0 now going into that game next week with the Pats. If they lose that game next week it goes to 4-1 and gives them a loss and puts the Steelers one game behind them in the standings for the top 2 seed. The Colts have 2 very tough games the next 2 weeks playing the Pats,and then having to go to San Diego and play the Chargers. If the Pats lose it puts them at 8-1 and at 6-1 in the conference and since they have the bye week the week after the Indy game and assuming the Steelers win the next 2 it puts them at 7-2 and only one game behind them in the standings for a bye week or homefield. The key for the Steelers is going to be to get to 10-2 going into New England and at least give yourself a chance being only one game behind the Pats that if you beat them you then have the same record and thus win the head to head tiebraker with them for homefield of the bye week. Both of those this year come playoff time are going to be huge. The Steelers we definitely know will get help next week and will only be 1 game behind either the Pats or Colts next week for a bye week despite how great both of those 2 teams are playing.

So as Ive been saying the opportunity to catch both of these teams will be there and should be there based on this upcoming schedule with 4 out of 5 at Heinz Field. The Steelers have been playing lights out so far at home this season, and with the only road being in New York against a horrible Jets team there is just no no no reason at all to think that this team will not be 10-2 going into the Pats game. And Im telling you if thats the case and they indeed are they still have an excellent shot as Ive been saying on here for weeks to compete for the bye and homefield with the Pats. So let the media keep focusing on these 2 teams and saying that this is for homefield and the bye week and blah blah blah. The Steelers will quietly sneak into this thing the next few weeks and are going to be right there as well to compete for those top 2 seeds in December bank on it.

i still see baltimore as a hump we need to get over, last year made me sadddd

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Last year made me so mad when we lost to them in December. I was there for that game and it was a miserable ride home on Christmas eve that day. The ratbirds are definitely going to be up for this game and it's imperative that we win this and get 2 games up on them.

me too man, me too

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Last year made me so mad when we lost to them in December. I was there for that game and it was a miserable ride home on Christmas eve that day. The ratbirds are definitely going to be up for this game and it's imperative that we win this and get 2 games up on them.
    Yeah, that game ruined my Christmas.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Well this isnt last year at all by any stretch. The Steelers are much better team all the way across the board, and are playing at a much higher level then the Ravens have all season long so far this year. The Ravens are not the same team they were last season. They dont play well on the road at all, their defense has gotten a bit older it appears and not as good as it has been in years past, and their offense with either Boller or McNair in there stuggles for every single point it seems and has trouble putting the ball in the end zone all the time. Yes, the Ravens always do play the Steelers tough and I have no doubt they will put forth their best effort next Monday night here at Heinz Field especially coming off a bye week and having 15 days of rest and time to get ready for this game. However, I still dont think their best will be good enough at least not next week based on the way the Steelers are playing so far this season especially at home, and the way the Ravens are playing thus far on the road this year. Baltimore has lost games on the road so far this year in Cincy,Cleveland,and Buffalo,and only beat the 49ers on the road by 2 points with McNair playing by a score of 9-7 and failed to even score a TD that entire game. The Steelers got this game guys dont worry. The 75th all time team will be in the house, the throwback uniforms will be on, its a primetime Monday night game in Pittsburgh where the Steelers hardly ever lose, all the intangables for that game next week add up to a Steelers win over the Ravens. Like I been saying when the Steelers take care of business the next 2 weeks and win these games with the Ravens and Browns at home you pretty much win the division at 7-2 and win all the tiebrakers within the division, and as I pointed out in my post above you can start focusing on what really matters and thats the 2 teams the Steelers are going to need to catch for the number 1 and 2 seed in the playoffs the Patriots and Colts. All this talk about this division being up in the air and tight guys will be put to bed two weeks from tonight when the Steelers are 7-2 and pretty much have their throats on it take it to the bank.

i realize this, but damn they hit us hard last year....i hope they can still taste those losses, but keep in mind not matter how high of a level were playing at, we were better than the cards and broncos too

2nd String
    I THINK WE WILL B MORE FOCUSED 4 THOSE 2 GAMES WITH THE RAT BIRDS,BECAUSE WE OWE THEM THEY KICKED OUR AZZZZZZZZZZ LAST YEAR,TWICE SO WE KNOW WHAT WE HAVE 2 DO I KNOW THEY KNOW JUST WHAT U R SAYING TROY, AN I HOPE THEY R FOCUSED ALSO, THEY SHOULD B 10-2 AT THAT TIME, AN IF THEY TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS THEY WILL B!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i still see baltimore as a hump we need to get over, last year made me sadddd
    EFFIN A!!!! TRUE DAT I work with a couple of Raven humps and had to eat shiat all friggin year. I have been saving up for this one!
    Surrounded by stupidity here, Ratbirds and Feable fans abound. Im lucky I don't get staph!
    We better beat the crap out of the stinkin RatTurds
    Last edited by GoBenGo; 10-29-2007 at 06:37 PM. Reason: me see neat smiley
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

One game at a time,please ! I think they may have been looking ahead against a couple of foes and then ya see what happens !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information