Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The next 5 weeks are crucial

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

The next 5 weeks are crucial

4 of the next 5 are at home and they include games against all of our divisional opponents. This is our time to make a stand coming up. This is where we separate ourself in the division and where we stake our claim for the stretch run in December. As it stands right now every team we play in the next 5 weeks has a losing record except the ratbirds so it's critical that we win these games because December gets a whole lot tougher. We can't afford to look past any of these games coming up because 1 slip up and we can find ourselves out of first place in the division.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I agree, but I will keep it a little shorter. I said during our bye week that we need to go 3-1 after the Bye week. Well so far we are 1-1. Win the next 2, and we should be in good shape.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Let's just hope we don't keep falling into this trap of losing one then winning 1 and put a nice string together like we did to start out the year.

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    I agree, but I will keep it a little shorter. I said during our bye week that we need to go 3-1 after the Bye week. Well so far we are 1-1. Win the next 2, and we should be in good shape.

sounds good to me

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Frustrated
    We need to get geared up and not play to the level of the weaker teams and knock them out early when we have the chance.

My Mood
    Clowns
    There is just no way from where I sit now that I see the Steelers losing these next 5 games before the Pats game. Especially with 4 out of the 5 of those games here at Heinz Field, and if you want to go one better the Steelers have 5 of their next 7 at Heinz Field. The Ravens will be tough they always plays us tough, but they are not as good as they were a year ago, they have problems on offense, they are not a very good road team, and the Steelers dont lose in primetime on Monday night at home it just doesnt happen. The Browns barely beat the Rams yesterday and while they are 4-3 and beating weaker teams that will all end in 2 weeks when they come to Heinz Field and get punched in the mouth like they always do by the Steelers. The Jets and Miami are both terrible and the Steelers would have to completely collapse much like they did the Raiders game last year to lose either one of those games. The Bengals game here too is on primetime on Sunday night, and while the Bengals have won here the last 2 years look for that streak to come to an end in another month. The bottom line is the Steelers should easily be 10-2 going into New England with this schedule and there will really be no excuse if they are not 10-2 in my opinion.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Well either way TG the Steelers are going to get help and pick up one game in the standings for the bye week and homefield on either the Pats or Colts. If the Pats do lose this game like I hope they do as well that puts them at 8-1 and looking at their next 3 games after the Colts game before they play the Steelers they play at Buffalo, home to Philly,and at Baltimore before hosting the Steelers. You would think the Pats would win all of those games and be 11-1 going into the Steelers game December 9th. Its why Ive been saying all along the Steelers MUST win these next 5 games against Baltimore,Cleveland,Jets,Miami and Cincy so that they can go into that Pats game at 10-2 and one game behind the Pats at 11-1 in the race for homefield advantage or a bye week. Now its going to be very tough to beat the Pats at home no doubt, but at least if you go into that game one game behind them you have a chance that if you do indeed beat them you then have the same record at 11-2 and thus win the head to head tiebraker over them if you finish with the same record as they do.

The Colts meanwhile if they lose this game fall to 7-1 and 4-1 in the conference, and have games after the Pats game at San Diego which will be tough,home to KC,at Atlanta,home to the Jags,at Baltimore,at Oakland, and home to Tennessee and Houston to finish up. Not too tough of a stretch at all but as Ive been saying as long as the Steelers can be 10-2 going into the Pats game which there is no reason they should not be based on their schedule the next 5 weeks before the Pats, then they are going to have a shot at the very least to get a bye week and compete for that number 2 seed in December and possibly even homefield if somethings can go their way. The Steelers conference record would be 8-1 going into New England if they would win the next 5, and if the Colts can lose 1 game or 2 games in the AFC and you have the same record as them it would come down to conference record and since the Steelers still only have one loss they are going to have a very good shot to stay right there with either Indy or New England.

The bottom line is this game this week with the Pats and Colts is a good thing because 1 team will lose and the Steelers will gain a game on one of them,and as long as the Steelers keep winning with this easy schedule they have the next 5 weeks its going to give them a shot to be right there with the Pats and Colts in the race for the top 2 seeds in the playoffs. THE STEELERS MUST KEEP WINNING PERIOD EVERY SINGLE WEEK!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    THE STEELERS MUST KEEP WINNING PERIOD EVERY SINGLE WEEK!!!
    That's the bottom line, for as lame as the AFCN is, the Clowns have an easy schedule and the ratbirds are up and down so it's imperative that we continue to stay on top and not have to play catch up later on.

2nd String
    WHEN WE BEAT THE RAT BIRDS THIS WILL DEFLATE THEM, IT WILL B THEM AN THE BUNGIRLS BATTLING 4 LAST PLACE N THE AFCN,WE JUST HAVE 2 B FOCUSED AN GO ABOUT THE BUSINESS AT HAND!!

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Browns will not be a factor in this division race at all TG. Once the Steelers beat the Ravens and Browns the next 2 weeks it will pretty much barry both of them in the standings from catching us based on how easy our schedule is, and how hard the Ravens schedule is, and how up and down the Browns are week in and week out. Ill worry about this division the next 2 weeks like I said, but once we do win these two games against Baltimore and Cleveland and get to 7-2 Ill start focusing on what really matters and thats catching the Pats and Colts for 1 of those top 2 seeds. Because if your going to get to the Super Bowl and win it this year those are the two road blocks you gotta concern yourself with not the Ravens and Browns.

Thread Information