Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Bengals (Wk. 8)

Hybrid View

Steelers vs. Bengals (Wk. 8)

vs.

Sunday October 28, 2007
    1:00 PM EST

The next 3 games for the Steelers are against AFC North Rivals. Assuming the Steelers can win all three of these games they could add some serious distance between themselves and all the others. Cincinnati is coming off a come from behind win last weekend against the the lonely Jets. I'm not convinced that is a confidence building win just because it was the J-E-T-S! Besides, since Mr. Chad is a band wagoner himself, rumors are starting to fly that he wants out. So... right now the Bengals just aren't looking good and have a lot of unknowns especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Pittsburgh is coming off a last second loss last weekend after experimenting in the first half only to come storming back in the second half to tie the game with a minute to go. The last time the Steelers lost they responded with an impressive beating of the Seahawks, so we know Tomlin can at least turn the ship around fairly quickly to get this Steelers team back where they need to be... in the W column!

Flat out... the Bengals defense SUCKS! It's a good thing they at least have some what of an offense that has kept them in some of their games. Big Ben should be able to pick apart of the Bengals and have a career day while a lot of the other guys like, Ward, Holmes and FWP should have as well.

When it comes to the Bengals offense, all they really have is a passing game but you can probably equate that to being behind and completely eliminating the running game (ranked 21st) and relying on the pass. Plus, there was the one game against Cleveland where Palmer threw for 25% of his total yards on the season. The Steelers defense, still ranked first in the league, had a little bump in the road last week. Watch for them to respond in a big way again this weekend and cause havoc on the Bengals!

Join us this Sunday here in the gameday thread as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

Is Hines starting?
    Heard he had not practiced or missed some this week . Dude is a gamer, nothing keeps him out.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Addicted
    H.W.will probably be back "River Dancing" in the end zone like he always does.

Quote Originally Posted by KSSteelerfan View Post
    H.W.will probably be back "River Dancing" in the end zone like he always does.
    Hope so . on my fft!
    Plus I dig the riverdance
    Here's to Hines doin' it often!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Smokin
    here we go
    steelers
    here we go

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Angry
    Should the Steelers come out with a type of gameplan that even slightly resembles the one's from the Arizona or Denver games then sad to say the game is already LOST.

The Steelers need to pound the ball and run the wheels off of Willie Parker in order to win.
    Arians needs to pull his head out of his *** and call a better game and commit to the run all day long.

willie and holmes are just nasty on that turf, we NEED this win today, i really think this is a huge part of how our season will play out, if we beat them they become a non issue in the division

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree man, if we can beat them today it will all but put an end to their playoffs hopes so this is huge for us. We need this game in a big way. The ratbirds are on a bye so this is our chance to go back up by 1.5 games in the division.

i better get this game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Let's do this !! Im ready !!

Thread Information