Thread: Seau home burns; mind is with community

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Seau home burns; mind is with community

Seau home burns; mind is with community
    / Associated Press
    Posted: 14 minutes ago

Junior Seau has more to worry about right now than Clinton Portis and the rest of the Washington Redskins offense.
    The New England Patriots linebacker also is thinking about his hometown of San Diego, which has been ravaged by wildfires. Nearly 460,000 acres have burned in California this week, and losses in San Diego County alone total at least $1 billion.

Seau said Thursday that at least one of his homes has burned and a restaurant he owns was temporarily used as a shelter.

"It's definitely not a normal week," said Seau, whose family, including his three children, live in San Diego.

The 18-year veteran spent his first 13 seasons with the Chargers, earning 12 straight Pro Bowl selections. Seau has several houses in the San Diego area.

Seau returned to the city Tuesday, the Patriots' off-day this week as they prepare for Sunday's game against the Redskins. He helped relocate his parents to a beach-front home he owns in an area outside the danger zone.

"They're all in trouble," Seau said. "Not just my family and friends, but the whole community. To see that on TV and to know that everything that they're showing is familiar but unfamiliar due to the fact that it doesn't look the same from when I left it."

Seau said he turned his restaurant in San Diego into a shelter for his employees' families. A few dozen people stayed there Monday and Tuesday, before the restaurant reopened Wednesday, according to an employee.

"You have all the stories about your friends — they're losing everything," Seau said. "You can't really understand what is actually transpiring daily. Lives are changing, and they're in desperate need of help."

LINK

Man....you wouldn't want to wish that on anyone.
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
    Man....you wouldn't want to wish that on anyone.
    you are not kidding this is horrible i hope they get this under control soon!!!

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar
    I have friends that live out there that said the sky has been black for a week. Some of the military guys I know are all being sent out there.

I will be praying for them all. I really hope it gets under control. I did hear that the wind has slowed down so that should be good to help them control the fire, but I have also heard the polution is out of control. Good luck to all in southern Cali.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Chatty
    I feel so bad for those people. I can't imagine losing everything. God Bless them!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    It is tough knowing that some of those fires were set......... making almost the entire lower half of CA a huge mess...........

Thread Information