Thread: James Harrison no-calls?

Bookmark and Share

James Harrison no-calls?

James Harrison is getting no love from the officials this season. He is getting held a lot with no flag. It's one of the things I've noticed this year... especially after re-watching the games sober. I've heard there is holding on every play I just didn't know they held the same guy.

When I re-watch a game I like to keep an eye on Silverback because he's such a beast for his size. He's being held a lot and sometimes it is so obvious when he comes off the edge I'm shocked there isn't a flag. I don't know if it is becuase of his lack of size or because he doesn't have the reputation to warrant a flag. I think a more proven pass rusher might get the benifit of the doubt on some snaps.

He's just gotta keep bringin it most coaches would tell him... "dont let them hold you."

It's not an excuse for either loss, just something I've noticed that I don't think has been brought up.

2nd String
    well j.harrison is an beast, an i can y they r holding him, i'm just glad that he's not getting n the so called officals face about it, just keep playing j.harrison,that ohter stuff will take care of itself!!!!

Well he's proving himself as a good pass rusher this year. I think he's had atleast sack in every game he's played in. Maybe he gets held alot because of his height, those tackles swallow him lol!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    Maybe he gets held alot because of his height, those tackles swallow him lol!
    I considered that, and he does get consumed by the tackle on some snaps. I'm more concerned when he is able to get free and is restricted due to the lineman grabbing him and haging on.

It's happening... Unfortunately it is a rule that has a reputation for not always being enforced. I think Jason Taylor, Michael Strahan, and even Joey Porter get some of the calls.
    Last edited by BB2W; 10-24-2007 at 09:51 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He's not as well known so yeah that's part of it. Once he plays more and gets more well known around the league I would think he'd get the benefit of the doubt more often when it comes to holding. Another reason may be that because he is on the smaller side, height wise, that he gets consumed by the tackles sometimes and isn't always in plain view of an official.

Im happy with how he's playing though so far.

hes short, i could see how he could sometimes disappear, his strength is really deceiving, they might just see it as being dominated rather than a hold

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He does have deceptive power and strength. His overall size though was the reason he wasn't drafted higher in his draft class, I think we got a real sleeper out of him; he's got so much potential plus he's mean as hell which I love in our LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hes short, i could see how he could sometimes disappear, his strength is really deceiving, they might just see it as being dominated rather than a hold
    Very true... and it's something you have to take into consideration from my point of veiw. I relize a hold on a much larger man is prolly more obvious than it is against an undersized player such as himself.

The crazy thing is his combination of height and strength is an advantage to them. He able to get taller tackles off balance easy because he so short but strong. I say almost like a Casey hampton of the outside lB's lol! Casey's short but he's big and strong, that makes him hard to move.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Thread Information