Thread: Logan ready if needed

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Logan ready if needed

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_470581.html

Strong safety Troy Polamalu opened last week listed as questionable (shoulder) on the Steelers' injury report, which meant Mike Logan had to prepare as if he might be starting. Logan would have taken that philosophy regardless of the injury situation. That's part of the approach that's helped the West Mifflin native and McKeesport High School graduate play on into his 10th NFL season.

Question: Are you ready if needed?

Answer: I prepare myself like I will be every day. That's one of the things about being a veteran guy who understands his role and can accept being a backup in this league, you never know. You're just one play away, and sometimes it's not even a play. Look at what happened to Ben (Roethlisberger, who underwent an emergency appendectomy), and Charlie (Batch) was able to fill in (during the Steelers' 28-17, season-opening win over Miami).

Over the years I've gotten mentally tougher, and I know how to handle these situations. If called upon, I'll be able to come in and fulfill the duty.
    Logan is a trooper, and good special teamer along with a leader in the locker room. He may have lost a step in terms of speed but he's good addition to have on the roster and veteran in the secondary.

I saw Logan having a good time on the sidelines at the Cardinals game, he even came up and signed an autograph for a little girl during the game! I like him and what he adds to the D, he's got game, leadership and the most important piece... he's a veteran!

I like logan alright, i dont think we'll need him this week, troy is a beast. I think that Anthony Smith is gonna be something special though, give him a year to learn this complex defense, just like they did with troy and these two are gonna have some great years together.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Train
    I like logan alright, i dont think we'll need him this week, troy is a beast. I think that Anthony Smith is gonna be something special though, give him a year to learn this complex defense, just like they did with troy and these two are gonna have some great years together.
    I'm hoping we see A LOT of Smith! I really like what he showed in pre-season and I think the sooner he can start gelling with Troy the better the Steeler D is going to be... and for a long time!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Darren Perry is a big part of helping Smith along in this Defense, and a big reason Troy is a Steeler too. Colbert & Cowher may have done the drafting but having a secondary coach like Darren is a real asset to young guys and the vets like Logan. The players can relate to him.

Thread Information