Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Daniel Graham catch...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater

The Daniel Graham catch...

Explain this to me. If on the Graham catch, contact was made before Graham had possession of the ball it's still down by contact? Even if Graham was going down to make the catch?

I feel like we got jobed by that call. To me if it was a catch, then it should've been a fumble.

the way i saw the play, the defenders hand was on his back as he was going down to make the catch, but there was no contact as or after the catch was made until Clark knocked the ball out. Since it was ruled incomplete on the field wee the officials not allowed to rule it a fumble?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    When he was touched, did he have solid control of the ball? I don't believe he did. I don't believe he had control until he was starting to get up. Therefore, he hadn't been down by contact. The first contact of him having control, would of been when he was getting up and which it should of been a fumble.
    That's what I saw. and if he wasn't down by contact it was a fumble.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 10-22-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The announcers explanation was he caught it and then as soon as he is touched by a defensive player the play is over.... as he was bouncing back up he was touched by the Defense ...he was holding it when he was coming up and then the touching knocked it out of his hands.... clear as mud now isn't it !!
    Last edited by BlacknGold Bleeder; 10-23-2007 at 01:41 AM.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was questioning this one last night. They said that Anthony Smith touched him while he had the ball and was down. Smith did have his hand on his back for a split second but I can't remember if his knee was down at the same time though but if it was then that's why they are saying he was down by contact.

I don't believe he had total control of the ball at the time Smith had his hand on his back so then when Clark knocked the ball out it should have been a fumble because he wasn't down by contact yet and the ball never hit the ground to be an incomplete pass?

From the replays you couldn't tell if Smith was touching him when the ball arrived and he was on the ground with hands underneath it.... so then the next to touch was Clark which knocked it loose, IMHO BUT the next touch caused the play to be over... I honestly think they blew the call but had no choice to call it that way since Troy stopped running and they needed to cover their asses....
    Last edited by BlacknGold Bleeder; 10-22-2007 at 03:58 PM.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    texans-hater
    I dont want to bitch about or blame the officiating at all for these games but that is now twice in both losses this year that the refs have made favorable calls to the home team late in these games. First it happened in Arizona with the Leinart 4th and 1 scramble which he was clearly short and got a favorable spot, and then the end of the game when Ben threw the pic the guy jumped offsides and nothing was called, and then last night if your going to call that Graham play a catch then its got to be called a fumble since there saying it was a catch and he was pretty much down at the same time the ball popped out. The Steelers always seem to have these kinds of things happen to them in these games late on the road and its just very frustrating to have the games sometimes come down to questionable calls at the end of the game. The bottom line is the refs need to do a better job, and the Steelers as a team need to do a better job of not being in that position late in the game to have it affect them so much like it did in both losses this year to Arizona and Denver.

2nd String
    the nfl loves 2 hate the steelers that's all, the broncos were who we thought they were an WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK LOL LOL LOL , move on now it's time 2 go an tame them bungirls.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok the Steelers don't lose the game because of that play...They lost since they played like a bunch of stiffs.....Stop the excuse making...We bagged Seahawks fans for making excuses so stop this crap...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok the Steelers don't lose the game because of that play...They lost since they played like a bunch of stiffs.....Stop the excuse making...We bagged Seahawks fans for making excuses so stop this crap...lol
    You said it before I got to. Tough calls suck but they are part of the game. Nothing to be done about em.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer View Post
    You said it before I got to. Tough calls suck but they are part of the game. Nothing to be done about em.
    Well thats the Steelers Nation for you a bunch of blind homers that make excuses win they lose but dare another fan base to do it and they bag you for it...I hate whining period......The Steelers lost since they played like crap its that simple....

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Like some of you already said, we lost cuz we played like crap. Don't blame it on one call or even a bunch of calls. I hate that **** too, time to move on to next week. Just for the hell of it, all the shoulda, woulda, coulda's ain't going to change the fact that we lost 31-28.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information