Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "O" game plan/ "D" game plan

Bookmark and Share

"O" game plan/ "D" game plan

The person that dreamed up this one should be SHOT!

Worse rushing D and we are throwing 90% of the time.

Same should be said for our D plan. Cutler looked like Manning out there picking us apart. 22 of 29 3TD's WTF!

I sometimes think #43 confuses our D as much as he used to confuse the other team!

OLINE STILL SUCKS!

Palmer will eat us alive this weekend coming, mark my words!

2nd String
    it was just an bad game plan, on defense an offense, it looked like thaey have been off 4 3weeks lol we will get it 2 gether but our o-line sucks azzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! ben needs better protecion, were given up atlesast 3 sacks a game, if were gonna compete with the colts an the cheaters, we have 2 tighten up our o-line!!!!!!

The secondary just needs to get physical rather than playing this cushion crap... when you let the WR release untouched your basically saying "Hey dude, go where ever you like and I'll try and keep up with you."

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The defensive game plan was fine IMO but we just couldn't get to the QB on the pass rush and that left Cutler with WAY too much time to throw. We let them convert way too many 3rd downs. One thing about the defense though, that dime defense crap we were trying to use last night was worthless. We had them in 2nd and 21 and they converted ! I don't want to see that ****, bring the heat and pressure them !

I sometimes think #43 confuses our D as much as he used to confuse the other team!
    Saw evidence of this at least twice. Including Marshalls big run after catch, in a space 43 just left, that set up TD.
    He blows people up when he hits them, granted, but there is something to be said for wrapping up.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Angry
    A lot of analysts have used the word "Dominating" and "Physical" in reference to the Steelers offense this season and to be completely honest I just don't see it that way.
    This Steelers team isn't going to and flat out can't go out and pound the ball on the ground from the very first snap and take over a game.

Even though the pass/run ratio doesn't reflect it Bruce Arians has turned this into a pass to set-up the run offense......relying on too many big plays downfield-especially in early parts of the game which doesn't allow the running game to get in any groove at all.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wouldn't call us a "go out and pound it down your throat" team any more either and that worries me because when we have to absolutely be able to run the ball; Im not sure we could do it right now with any consistency.

This is plain and simple the colts offense,we just don't run it quite that well yet. It's a run to set up the pass offense as Ambridge mentioned no matter what they say it is or isn't. Bruce would rather Ben use the passing game to loosen up the defense so we can run instead of pounding the ball and forcing them to stack the line and then beating them with the pass. It's a complete 180 degree swap from what we're used too.

The colts make it work every week and we need to as well because we are what we are right now.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Arians better get his head outta his ***, if he came to my door covered in gasoline, I would flick a cigarette on him and dance around the flames To come out and pass instead of running on the worst run D in the league is ****ing crazy.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    The person that dreamed up this one should be SHOT!

Worse rushing D and we are throwing 90% of the time.

Same should be said for our D plan. Cutler looked like Manning out there picking us apart. 22 of 29 3TD's WTF!

OLINE STILL SUCKS!

Palmer will eat us alive this weekend coming, mark my words!
    Wow another one not totally sold on the great Troy Polamalu...I'm with you on Troy......He is such a non factor anymore its not even funny....Over-rated over-rated....lol

As for the game plan......Well the game plan would have been fine on offense if the Steelers actually had an OLine worth a damn...lol

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Both road games looked like they left the playbook at the hotel room, because they did not look prepared to play a road game..........

Thread Information