Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger = BEAST

Bookmark and Share

Ben Roethlisberger = BEAST

Despite the 2 interceptions that could easily be justified Ben had such an amazing game. He defientley changed from his previous years I mean did you see him run for the first down and instead of sliding he freking put his shoulder out trying to deliver a hit. He was breaking tackles all night long and needed more than one guy to take him down. He came through when we needed him to. You don't see to many QB's like him. The O-line was terrible and we need a serious change. If Ben didn't play like Ben then we would have lost really bad. I don't know whats going to happen but we need a better
    O-line and Anthony Smith should start. Also special teams wasn't so hot.

he did do awesome this past game, its just too bad the rest of the team didnt.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOWN BEAST View Post
    Despite the 2 interceptions that could easily be justified Ben had such an amazing game. He defientley changed from his previous years I mean did you see him run for the first down and instead of sliding he freking put his shoulder out trying to deliver a hit. He was breaking tackles all night long and needed more than one guy to take him down. He came through when we needed him to. You don't see to many QB's like him. The O-line was terrible and we need a serious change. If Ben didn't play like Ben then we would have lost really bad. I don't know whats going to happen but we need a better
    O-line and Anthony Smith should start. Also special teams wasn't so hot.
    one interception into double coverage I gotta blame him for.
    That said everything else is dead on!
    BIG BEN stiff arming LBs and DBs AND shrugging off linemen! That is why I was so dissapointed in the oline. Ben giving 130% did not make up for their mistakes and lack of effort.
    Dude, yeah! when he got that first down I was : That's my QB! He's a Baaaaaaaaaad Dude!
    The ball he tossed to Holmes for a TD was a lazer! LAZER!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

our skill positions kick ***, our online blows....big time

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    I agree Ben was absolutely awesome and nearly flawless in the 2nd half on all 3 of those drives where we needed a TD to stay in the game and then eventually tie the game. He continually made play after play on 3rd and long and made some dart throws right on the button at many times in that second half. If anything good can come out of this loss is that Ben proved that if the Steelers are losing late in the game or if there in a tie game late driving for a game winning FG whether its on the road or at home Ben is capable of making the big throws late in the game under pressure to get it done. He still needs to continue to play a complete game and start taking sacks more often when he gets wrapped up instead of risking losing the ball and having it get converted into a TD like he did last night. Ben is a very good QB he ranks right up there in the league but he is still not as good as Brady and Manning in terms of when he makes mistakes and key turnovers that he can come back and score right away in bunches. Ben will be fine, I think this game in Cincy will be tough this week, but after seeing Pennington and the Jets pretty much pick apart that Cincy D yesterday I expect Ben and this Steelers offense to have a big game next week in Cincy.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Give me the Ben of the 2nd half anytime. The Ben of the first half ( after the initial TD drive) you can have that Ben because those picks were so costly. The fumble was the back breaker though, just when we needed to keep them within striking distance and not let them get any more fired up we give them that 2 TD lead

Still though, he showed poise in the pocket and led us right down the field twice in the 4th quarter on must have TD drives so you have to credit him for that. I have all the confidence in the world in Ben as our QB. He does need to be more mindful of holding onto the ball under pressure because that is killer.

I would not want anyone else. I may be in the minority in that, but I am in it for the long haul. Gonna still be a Steeler fan next year and the year after. I like the fit.
    Dynasty's comin' maw grab the kids!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Well the one interseption thrown into double coverage wasn't the best play in the world but it wasn't a terible interception because he kind of just chucked the ball. The other bounced of Wards hands granted it was kind of high but that kind of was bad luck. and the fumble well...

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    A 'tale of two halves..' We lived through that with Korky for a few seasons.

2nd String
    ben has 2 b blamed 4 the 2 int's an the strip which cause us 7 points, he has 2 take care of the ball better than he's doing,u take away that 7 an the broncos have 2 go 80 yards 4 the tieng touchdown themselves, but our o-line stinks,they shouldn't of signed any of them 2 long term contracts, we also need a new o-line coach, this one seem 2 b 2 busy e mailing dirtye-mails through the nfl offices, when he should b focused on that raggedy o-line

Thread Information